I'm looking for a post with known bugs, spawn issues, etc...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by bloodbeard, Dec 15, 2016.

1. bloodbeard Elder

I've looked and not found one yet.

In particular, I'm interested in knowing whether Faldor Hendrys (Eye of Stormhammer quest) is broken, or just very, very rare.
    I've already read the allahkazam post, and I've searched the internet but not found anything definitive.

So, I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a known bugs sticky, or hoping an actual Daybreak employee will confirm or deny that Hendrys is gone forever.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Hi there! I actually rewrote/updated that quest on Alla recently after doing my own research so I might be the only one to give you a player perspective.

As far as I've been able to tell, Faldor no longer spawns in Northern Qeynos. I sat a bard there for around a week but he never showed up so unless there is some additional trigger required I believe he is no longer available.

The shard he drops, however, can currently be obtained in the version of VP that is on the TLP servers from the "bard of veeshan" npcs that spawn in a couple different areas. Obviously this doesn't really help much since by the time you can access VP you likely don't need the reward but it is interesting to note.

The quests presumably both work (Both Eye of Stormhammer and Scouts leggings) if you obtain the shard from VP but for all intents and purposes they can be considered defunt unless this NPC makes a return.
  3. bloodbeard Elder

Thank you, Bobbybick! I enjoyed the warrior quest while it lasted anyway. :) I appreciate your response!
  4. Prathun Developer

Back in '99, I remember hunting down and camping Faldor Hendrys (which ended up becoming an all-nighter) while working on the Scout's Silvermesh Leggings quest.

Checking the data... Faldor Hendrys's spawn had been intentionally deactivated at some point. Looking at the data on the Mac server it was deactivated for them too so he's been disabled for quite awhile. I've no idea why he was disabled. I've been unable to find any change logs for this. His absence has clearly broken several quests. Were the rewards too good? Was he mowing down helpless newbies who were on opposing factions? Did someone not like the cut of his jib?

I'm going to re-enable his spawn on all servers.
    Fanra, Felicite, Sheex and 3 others like this.
  5. RumbleBumps New Member

That's surprising, from the way things have been going lately it didn't seem like anyone over there had ever played EQ before.
    Dino likes this.
  6. Horyuken Augur

Rumble not cool! The team is doing a great job. I like the cut of all the jibs out at daybreak!