Instanced bugged on Phinny

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Archanis, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Ryak Augur

Is this fixed yet? This is kind of a big screw you to everyone who didn't exploit the claim bug that you manage to take down the most important zone in the game for the duration of the time you suspended all the cheaters.
  2. Punchis-themonk Elder

No Blood in SSRA instance
  3. RainbowCane Elder

Just did SSRA instance tonight. No Blood spawned.

You guys are awesome! keep up the good work.
  4. Prathun Developer

This has been fixed on Phinigel. The Agent of Change is in Umbral Plains and willing to give out instances for Vex Thal again now that the bosses have returned.

In addition, we've pushed out a spec fix for Blood not spawning in the instance of Ssratemple.
    Aegir and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  5. Ladysoth Augur

Edited out Daybreak bashing in light of the (relatively) quick fix. Thank you for fixing it.
    Prathun likes this.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Thanks for the speedy fix, Prathun. Cheers.
  7. Guzzle Augur

At this point, DBG deserves all of the bashing they get. How many issues have we had in Luclin alone? How many times have things been screwed up and caused people to be unable to complete a raid, or even go into a raid in the first place? The beginning of Luclin we lost about 2 weeks worth of raiding because of their inability to test their stuff thoroughly. Beyond that, instead of punishing exploiters, everyone gets punished for the actions of 2-3 guilds. Then comes the claims exploit, something they've known about for awhile. I didn't personally use it, but the people that did in turn get heavily punished with even up to permanent bans.

Communication, product quality, and the general "give a damn" from DBG has appeared to nose dive in the past year.

I'm just tired of seeing what was once a great game be destroyed by poor development, support, and testing. I'm even more tired of having my time wasted in chunks because of it.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Anyone confirmed whether or not VT and/or Ssra instances are working properly now since the fix?
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

VT instances for us went fine tonight, 2 raids and everything was up in each.
    Aegir likes this.
  10. Heffy New Member

They knew about the issues with SoL, upon launch. They did nothing about it, just like the claim bug. The real issue is DBG inability to manage tickets/bug reports. Then some "give a damn" to fix the issues. THIS SAD!
  11. The Hated One Augur

ok didn't see this thread....we were killing doze and just got crushered by respawning trash. Which if intended ok...but wow a heads up from a DEV would have been nice! We are a small group of folks and spent a lot of time clearing and setting up and doing the fight and WAM! our whole morning trashed...by trash... So if this is a permanent change...can we get an official statement or if it a bug...an official statement? so we arent wasting our time.
  12. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

They made a global change to instances it seems and in doing so, added trash respawns to those instances. We'll see if it was intended or not.
  13. Jenarie Elder

I would love to know if trash in instances is staying. Obviously it is more important for raiding but it will impact the grouping game quite a bit as well... your own griegs, HS, seb, etc once a week to xp for six hours in your favorite camps with no competition...
  14. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

VT trash doesn't respawn. But there were a few Xakra mob traps there that aren't there usually. Pretty strange.

ToV respawns were approximately 1 hour. If you're farting around in the east wing for that long - you seriously need to work on your execution.
  15. Catashe Augur

There might not actually be more traps but they seem to me to be respawning faster which might seem to some as extra traps
  16. The Hated One Augur

Im a little tired of the lip service from players who have no clue what I or my friends are doing. We kill things with the minimal amount of folks needed. It is what we do. No zerg. Sure it takes us A LONG time to kill a mob. Yeah it may be an hour. But I would do that all day than be in some zerg fest that has 2 or 3 @sshats in it and listen to their BS. Yes...we got caught in this. Im just asking if it is permanent or not. Everyone has to flip crap about "you need to work on your execution" or "learn to play" or "get some strats". Been here since 99. been to one end of the game and back. We know what we are doing...im just wondering if DBGs knows what THEY are doing. Tired of them changing the game. Very tired of them F'ing things up and wasting my time. /rant off.
  17. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

18. Varisath1 New Member

I hate to be the one to break the news to you pal, but Everquest exists solely to waste time. There is no accomplishment to be had here. It's a video game. It is literally a waste of time in every sense of the definition.
    Xoner likes this.
  19. Astley Augur

I mean, look... if you want to take an hour to kill Dozekar, that's your prerogative...
    But it isn't Daybreak wasting your time then.

You got a bit complacent with the ability to kill things without trash respawning in the instances. If respawning trash can wipe you during a Dozekar fight, that means you would have trouble doing it in open world, and need to rely on the lack of trash respawning to complete these mobs.

Now if your guild doesn't have the manpower to kill Dozekar in under an hour, my condolences here, because that will affect you in any instances you attempt. Best bet is to try and recruit a few more players I guess in the interim.
  20. Klang Lorekeeper

Well, distilling down the rant and staying on topic - I think the larger issue is - is this "re spawn in instances" a new change that was intended? It would have been nice to know that in the patch notes, if that was the true intention. Seems like a bug if it wasn't - since this has been the set behavior for this whole last year.

Whether someone can kill Doze in an hour or not is a separate issue. It just obviously burned someone when they didn't know what was coming.