Per class multi bind key, what’s your setup?, and some other Box opinion questions…

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SevrinSevendust, Dec 7, 2016.

1. moogs Augur

How I did it:

Key Maps > Base Hotkeys > Mapped Keys (RMB "Mapped Key Wizard")
    Select type "Key Re-map"
    Hotkey to re-map (press what you want to use to trigger this)
    Key Combination to send (the assigned key binding in EQ)
    Target for keystrokes: Window: All w/Current
    RMB rename it to something useful, and obviously Save & Export All to IS
  2. moogs Augur

How does it hold up with crafted Dimensional Warrior gear and a second merc healer? Also, and sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I don't know how you have your crew set up: are you debuffing and slowing the mobs?
  3. lancelove Augur

To OP: My main, 105 ranger 19k aa, 105 Mage 16k aa, 105 Enchanter and 105 Wizard. I pull with either my Mage (always use earth pet) or chanter with a self rune then pull with slow. My ranger and the earth pet share tanking, bounce aggro some what. Earth pet can tank EoK named no problem with some heal stuff from the mage if the cleric merc doesnt keep up..set on reactive. If hits the fan the chanter pulls aggro with runes and dots till things catch up. Ranger can tank easily as well with defensive aa's as needed and cover tracks, jolts etc...
    These guys are all in EoK or TBM group gear. Once the ranger and earth pet are going focus on your dps toons and ignore the mage other than topping off the earth pet.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I have not done anything in EOK but my pets held up well in TBM. Granted I have 4 pets that bounce agro off each other plus my sk pet and swarm pets and my sk in the mix so I probably am not the best example but some of my mage friends don't seem to be having any noted issues and they don't have an EM 23 pet at their side. Probably an EM18 so I am not sure why trash mobs are destroying your pet. Are you using the water or fire pet? Also if your not using your swarm pets every chance you get this could be an issue. Those nasty little buggers draw a ton of agro and if you send them in first they can "tank" for the first couple of seconds so you can debuff and slow and anything else you need to do before your actual pet takes agro.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

For my mage DPS button, I have

Orb, pause 2
    Force, pause 2
    Chaotic, pause 1
    Fickle, pause 1
    of Many, pause 1

The pauses are from memory, so I will need to check it. The pauses are extremely significant, if I change a little bit, some spells almost disappear from the rotation. I have a mouse that I set to repeat the click I perform 10 x pr second while pressed (old fingers can't keep up else, and the noise from all the click spamming drives me mad :-D ), so that frequency is also important with regards to the setup and pauses. I am still developing on that, and when I start to develop Quicker Damage AA, I will have to tune again.

I play with my buddy shaman, and box a 105 bard, and I am leveling a 97 enchanter

With this setup, I get more dps out of my mage than with Spear-based setup, probably because I am not very well equipped, and only have 13k-ish AA, mainly centered around pet tanking. And also very conveniently, I can keep mana up, which is harder with spears. Some of the advantages is that things like Flames of Power IV is proc'ing a lot, and there is good focus AA development on that route. Also, effects that are pr. spell have an advantage, like some bard songs, etc.

I play in a setup where we will very often get 10-15 or more pets on the mob, making Of Many a good option, and I really like the Theft of Essence that comes with of Many, I think it does wonders for my pet. In the above rotation, of Many will go of every few rotations, lowering the probability that it will go of early in the combat, when there are still not so many pets on the mob.

Yesterday our group parsed over 150k with ITC (yes the entire group. We are groupers, not raiders :) ), and the enchanter is just debuffing and runing so far (lvl 97, boxed, etc), so that was a big satisfaction for us.

I have really good experience with [unmentioned but legal 3rd party software that rhymes on eye-es-roxer]. I have a button that helps with assisting [1] (and I use the remaining slots in the hotbutton to fire AA bufs), a button that helps with pet attack [2] (and remaining slots for debufs), and a button for dps [3], the one with the repeater function activated. The enchanter does not use the many key-presses that he receives, but instead activate a normal hotbutton with long pauses to make sure all casts goes through, he focuses on runes, to help the merc (when he is higher level, he will join in on the fun). The bard has a lot of AA on [3] to help with dps. Yesterday he was breaking 20k DPS! (Yes that is a lot for us :) ).

I prefer to set up target and fire AA bufs that are up [1][1][1][1][1], , pull the mob with a RS pet <alt 1>, then initiate pet attacks and debufs [2], and while the main pet builds some aggro, I move the bard in position for melee. Then it is back to main, and [3]. With the mouse I click other AA bufs that are up, like ITC, I like to spend as many abilities as possible, sacrificing some optimum synergies there, for the satisfaction of using as many abilities as possible.

I have a number of other buttons, among others a pure debuf button [0], a pure heal/rune button, and some more.

I shift back and forth to make sure that the bard is in melee position on a normal pull, and I use the bard to split mobs when that is necessary. A well-played Shaman with root-punt is a real strong CCer though, so very often we rely on that, and just fire away. It all depends on the mood of the hour and the situation. We play with voice (google hangouts), which does a LOT for coordination, and is very nice and social. When the enchanter hit 105, we expect to be using him a lot to do CC, I am leveling him specifically for progression in EoK, where our group is struggling, but in a good and very fun way.

And all accounts are with full subscription.

In EoK, we can really feel the difference between playing mediocre, and playing to our best. The satisfaction is enormous when we can succeed in stuff with our tank-less group, and we don't care that a Heroic Adventure in EoK is currently taking us 4 hours. It is 4 hours of pure fun. We have the luxury of never running out of content, out of AA, because we can simply not keep up with the game launches, even though we play 2-4 times a week. I say this as a positive thing, very positive. I would hate having the game experience trivialized, the value of CC and good pulling reduced, by Too Much Uberness (tm) :-D

PS:
    I have no idea of which aura to run on my enchanter as Aura # 2, the first being twincast. Any suggestions?
  6. Brohg Augur

you … should explore … Rains …

That's all I'll say here.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

I don't know about all the gibberish in this thread but you haven't needed to dismount to /camp in quite some time.
    moogs likes this.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Also loving rains... they come and go for me, at the moment they are out. I want my Theft of Essence, the 750 atk and 26% avoidance are just too good to pass for me, especially when the pet has to tank harder mobs :)

Pet tanking
    The OP mentioned a problem with having the pet survive EoK trash mobs, I do not have the same issue, and only have EM 16, only very rarely use Dimensional armor on pet. A tip you probably already know: block slow heals so that merc will not delayheal/slowheal, that changed a lot for me.
  9. Zamiam Augur

are you refering to the summoned pet gear ? you know mage pets above lvl 76 iirc already come pre equiped with all mage summoned gear accept for weapons.. if that is what you were refering to about dimensional armor .. if not disregard this post :p
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. moogs Augur

IblisTheMage likes this.