Claims bug - It's time to do damage control, Daybreak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astley Augur

I think you're gonna have to dig it up then, because you may be mistaken. Either you misheard/misread Prathun's comment, or they missed something, or Prathun just lied about what they did... There is at least 1 item on the server for certain from that kill, and others are confirming it.
  2. Astley Augur

Oh, I don't care about the mask being in game... the argument was that they removed all the items, but it was more to prove a point that the items weren't all removed.
  3. AgentofChange Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...es-of-power-version-of-innoruuk.232199/page-2

There's the thread. Here's Prathun's post

Take it up with Prathun if someone is still running around with Inny items. Can't see why they'd delete 2 of them but not the 3rd, but it wouldn't be the first time DBG has made a "mistake".
  4. Astley Augur

Not on Phinny. Any software that broadcasts key strokes, even if you are attending is still against the rules.
  5. Illusory Augur

and, any software that allows you to screen share is against the rules too. :p

/ducks4cover
  6. Machen New Member

You really think someone is going to take the time and effort to hack the magelo sync program? And then do so to only show a single piece of Inny loot?
  7. Heffy New Member

Who cares? Well sir, this is the real issue DBG has. Their inability to deal with in game issues/bugs that they created and/or ignored. That item has been out since Velious, which has been BiS for..DBG did nothing we have told them about this issue, what 10x+ in this thread alone. Think, someone is gonna delete that item? (I'll give you a hint) Think this is going to get passed along to the guy that ignores the /bugreports (assuming someone has that responsibility) They ignore us, then act like OMGWTF an exploit, oh wait DBG you knew about this and the Inny loot. You did nothing with the Inny loot even though you claimed you did. (see what I did there) Then DBG wonders why exploits go viral and everyone jumps in, who wanted to be left in the cold when the whole server has defiant. WE told them about claim exploit and the Inny items, they did nothing. NOTHING
  8. Trevalon Augur

that's just not true at all...remember that 3-box mage that used to sit at HG's and farm them? Ya know the one who had multiple posts on these very forums about. Well I knew him (he doesn't play atm), but he had so many petitions against him that he would get 2-3 tells a day from GMs asking if he was at the computer, he would just respond "Yep" and they would tell him to have a great day.

He never got a warning, suspension, or in trouble. As long as he was AT the keyboard he was perfectly fine to use broadcasting software - As long as he could answer their tell when they sent it, they told him he was fine.

So, you might wanna tell the GM's your inside information, cause they don't seem to have it :p

P.S. I do want to point out that I am completely against broadcasting software, but I also am against false information so.
    Heffy likes this.
  9. Astley Augur

Depends on what they were investigating him for. Unattended gameplay can get you suspended, and if people reported him as AFK farming, then if he was present, they would just move on.

Hard to say what they were investigating the claims of, but if he had a surefire obvious broadcast going out, he'd get in trouble. It's happened a few times on the server so far to people obviously broadcasting.
  10. Trevalon Augur

They were investigating him for Unintended gameplay, because using broadcasting software is not agaisnt the rules. It was CLEARLY obvious he was using it as all his mage pets attacked at the same time, casted at the same time, sat at the same time, etc. It was reported in game, on the forums, heck I believe theres even a Youtube of it lol. The GM's told him he was fine to use the software in so long as he was AT the keyboard.

Like I said, Broadcasting is NOT against the rules - unattended gameplay is.
  11. Heffy New Member

^ this is true, several people on phinigel run 3 scripted monks with their mains. Some of the programs are better than others. If someone is griefing you with 3 monks, scripted on them. Drag the mob to water, (if possible) it messes with the /autofollow within the 3rd party software they are running:) I would assume, also all the characters have a different swimming skill. Which could explain the issues with the water. GL out there!
  12. Atabishi Augur

I can only assume that broadcasting is apparently ok. There is a certain warrior, who has been running around forever blatantly using broadcast software (and who knows what else) to run his 3 monk and 1 bard box crew. He does this in front of any and everyone. Constant petitions and videos have been submitted and nothing has ever happened to him. I have several videos of him being insanely obvious with his software to dps race.
  13. Astley Augur

Let's see a screenshot of the GM's telling him the software was okay, otherwise, I don't believe this. The GMs may have been lazy and were just checking to see if he was there without actually zoning over to watch, because Unattended Botting is not allowed on any server...

But specifically, key broadcasting to multiple accounts IS against the Phinigel rules:

Doing any of the following on Phinigel may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
    • Using 3rd party software.
    • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.
    If you have evidence to support your claim that a GM told him using 3rd party software and key broadcasting was okay, then please, prove it. Otherwise, it's just conjecture.

Because I'm pretty sure there are multiple people with accounts banned on Phinigel for the same thing who would LOVE to find out there is evidence otherwise.
    Jezzie likes this.
  14. Machen New Member

This is not proof of anything. I can hit a hotkey on 3 different keyboards at very close to the exact same time to make 3 mages pet attack, nuke, sit all in sync. This guy may well have been using broadcasting software, or he may have just been matching their actions to tweak guys like you.
  15. taliefer Augur

you can keep your head in the sand if ya want, but the only reason anyone thinks key broadcasting software is against the rules on phinny is related to a separate issue where EQ and the main dev of a certain quest that allows macros came to an agreement to not have taht program work on phinny. this has since lapsed somewhat, as its blatantly obvious when someone is using certain programs.

All this did was make it harder to get a working version of said program. it was still possible to use. and in fact there is a version that is easy to get that currently works just fine on phinny. anyone with access to google should be able to figure it out pretty easily. this program is perfectly legal, despite forum censorship, and has broadcasting functionality.

most people just dont notice due to the fragmented nature of the server due to instanced raids.

id love it if they actually took the time to make any of these programs actually "illegal" to use, but thats just not going to happen. they arent going to put the time in to enforce it anyway.

finding ways around the truebox code however, i imagine would warrant action if DBG was able to prove it.
  16. Astley Augur

People HAVE been banned for it though, and usually because it was blatant. There was that guy several months ago who was blatantly using broadcasting software while PL-farming in LGuk.
  17. Draven84 New Member

I agree I have numpads I bought and when I box 3 or more toons on live servers everythings hot keyed and set up inches from each other and its very easy to quick click those keys.
  18. Machen New Member

I mean, they do state that it's against the rules pretty directly in the phinny faq. At least if we are talking about broadcasting 1 keystroke to multiple characters.
  19. Atabishi Augur

He was using a program that actually automated his characters. It wasn't just a simple case of broadcasting every keystroke he did at his keyboard.
  20. RadarX Augur

Folks this issue has been for the most part resolved so we are going to put this topic away (yes I will close additional ones). If you have additional concerns regarding your account status you should contact Customer Support. PM me with concerns about our policies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.