Required Content?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thundun, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Thundun New Member

So I'm back with a couple of family members on Vox and having a blast! My SK is almost 63.

My question is: as I level up for the next 20 levels or so, what required content is there? To put it another way, there are a lot of different xp zones to choose from in the 65 - 85 range, and I'd probably enjoy most of them, so if there are ones that would be advantageous to do now, I'd rather take care of them on the way. Our group does dungeons or outdoors well.

Example: Do I need to do the DoN progression? 2% health sounds like a must. How about OoW armor? Are there later expansions that make DoN, OoW obsolete? I'm working on the 1.5 epic pe-quest because I assume the 1.0 is not worth the time. Agree?

On the other hand, they appear to be giving AA's away by the truckload, so maybe my char automatically gets the 2% some other way?

Thank you in advance for your advice!
  2. moogs Augur

Definitely do DoN progression! It has rewards that you won't find anywhere else in the game. Plus it's quick and fun. You may need to be about 70 to get the quests though. Same with the MPG trials (+50 to all resist cap when you've completed all 6). You'll want the 1.5/2.0 for sure; 1.0 is nice to have to hang over the fireplace but that's about all.

OoW armor is pretty meh. Defiant gear is better at this point.

I love level 75 or so for the dozens of awesome XP zones, but DoN, MPG and your 2.0 are the major highlights here. I suggest Re-gearing at 80+, when you jump from about 300 hp per slot to 800 hp per slot.
  3. moogs Augur

The only thing is that the final DoN raids and some of the 2.0 fights are very tough with a normal group of level-appropriate characters. You might want to ask for help from outside or else wait until you've outleveled the content to complete it. (A group of 85+ can handle it pretty easily.) Specifically the dragons Yar'lir and especially Vishimtar from DoN are rough, and Citadel of Anguish to complete the 2.0. quest.)
  4. Thundun New Member

Thanks moogs, that helps! We'll keep working on DoN and our epics, especially focusing on level appropriate pieces.
    moogs likes this.
  5. catcattank Elder

if I'm 82 war/sham it should be ez or still pretty rough? in the past I just heroic'd to not do it but I want to do it if i can
  6. moogs Augur

There are certain things that you can't do simply because it requires 6 or more players in the zone. You should be able to do the MPG trials. I think it requires 3 people, with mercenaries counting as people. You can get started on the DoN progression because most of the early stuff is solo tasks and some group tasks that you should have no trouble with.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3061
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3062

Decide on either Good or Evil progression for your whole group. It's just easier to choose one path and stick with it.

One more thing is that if you want to attempt some of the lower level raids, you can invite some 70+ to your group and then log them out. They will stay in your group window if you don't disband them and they will count as a full group of 6 even if they are offline. Or ask friends or people from general chat to take up group spots for you. They don't have to go with you unless they really want to. This will not work for the DoN Goblin Dojo raid. The event won't start unless 6 players are in the zone.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-76
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

One important detail that many forget to think about....are you a free/silver account or a pay account? If your free those free flowing AA will come to a grinding halt at 250. If your silver at 1000. Pay accounts are unlimited and can also wear prestige augs/armor and get the J5 merc.