Claims bug - It's time to do damage control, Daybreak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RadarX Augur

Another round of post removals and another round of forum suspensions is complete.

Keep the conversations constructive, reduce the back and forth, and keep things on topic. PM me with questions about our policies. Thanks.
  2. Machen New Member

Really disappointing because I was assured by Roshen that the Modest Man thing was completely removed from our accounts and would not be held against us. I was one of the ones that got suspended, since I still had a toon in modest man after quitting Phinigel a month before the incident. This is pretty egregious.
  3. taliefer Augur

Regarding the perceived lack of consistency between exploit punishments: everything listed as a past example took no extra effort from the player to do. It could be stumbled across during normal gameplay. In this case you had to go out of your way to claim the items, they weren't just showing up as normal claims. There's a difference in my mind, and while DBG deserves some blame in all cases, when players take extra steps to exploit, the punishment should be more severe
    v01d likes this.
  4. Silinius Augur

I absolutely don't disagree with you (for once) on the issue of the exploit in question. 5 day suspensions are absolutely warranted and glad they actually did something. My concern is around the bans and 10 day suspensions because of some past issue like in the case of the former Modest Man guys. In my opinion (as little as it matters), suspension escalation and bans should be handed out in the case where the person was found to have committed the same type of offense, not just because they had a flag on their account for a totally unrelated type of issue.
  5. Sedden New Member

If you think DBG went to THAT much trouble other than see who just used /claim to claim OoE stuff.. I got some ocean front property in North Dakota to sell ya...
  6. Trevalon Augur

It seems pretty consistent to me - you get your suspension based on how much you claimed.

I know of a few people who got perma-ban and ALL claimed over 50 claims, one claimed over 100.

If your guild mate is telling you he claimed one box and got banned he/she is LYING to you (or had some big time warnings/suspensions already on his file - remember there is no "Statue of Limitations" on warnings/suspensions in EQ, you can be held accountable for stuff you did 15 years ago still and warnings/suspensions are cumulative). The BANS are happening to people who egregiously claimed a mass amount of claims.

Of course people who cheated are going to lie about the extent of their cheat, the only people who know for sure are the CS people doing the bans/suspensions and I trust that they know how many claims a person did and are suspending/banning accordingly.

If you claimed 1 or 2 boxes, you get a suspension and you move on, if you claimed more than 2 then you were clearly not "testing" anything and more severe punishment is due.

If you claimed 100 boxes, a perma ban seems very appropriate (I don't know DBG's threshold between suspensions and bans, but I, personally, think if you claimed more than 10 you were clearly egregiously violating the rules and a ban (or at least a 60 day suspension) seems appropriate to me.)

To say that someone who claimed 1 box and someone who claimed 100 boxes should get the same punishment is akin to saying that the dude who stole 10 bucks from Walmart should be punished the same as the dude who stole a million from a bank. Punishment is dealt based on the severity of your crime and your past crimes.
    Overcast451, Glistarian and arwilly like this.
  7. Mowens Elder

Everyone that participated in this exploit knew it was wrong to do so, and that it was inherently a risk being taken with their accounts - all I can say is, hope you come back, level another toon, and don't do it again. Doesn't really surprise me, especially with the way people on this server wreck the economy and get away with it. Kronos 10k each anyone?
  8. taliefer Augur

The fact people still have flags on their account from that dumb PoSKY incident, when we were assured all of which would be wiped clean(2015?) makes me question things. I generally dont have much sympathy for people that earn account earmarks, but if dumb like that is earning them a longer suspension/ban, then yea, things need to passed through a common sense filter.
  9. Protocol Dragon Defender

Seeing the old PoSky suspensions become a factor here warms my heart. I'm sure this will get straightened out though.
  10. Komrad New Member

I claimed a legit 40 slot and the pots with. Got hit with 10 days

I ALSO got this line in my email.
    • Exploiting Claim System
    • Breaking Rotation- Lockjaw (Reinstated) (red/size added to emphasize)
    So, ya.. Some of us got caught up in the anyway.
  11. Trevalon Augur

Yea I hope they fix your situation soon man its unfortunate
  12. Glistarian Augur

Look, people broke the rules. No complaints about the punishment whatever it is.
  13. doah Augur

This issue I see here is DBG has not discussed how they will rectify their internal controls when these types of exploits are brought to their attention months ago and refuse to do anything about it. Do people have to release how to's directly on the forums to get them to listen?
  14. Troutfest Augur

Thinking no need to discuss, showing what they do if you use an exploit even if its been in game for a while and no one got slapped down for it right away. Best discussion would be no discussion. Just out of the blue after it gets out, hammer comes down on all who did it. Lesson is don't do it...
  15. justasub Journeyman

the issue you are missing is people cheated and got suspended or banned...they dont and wont discuss jack with you. not sure who you think you are but im pretty sure you arent on the DBG payroll?

*and before i hear the "im a paying customer" argument...show me a company that needs to explain to anyone the repercussions of cheating/stealing/hacking...w/e
  16. AgentofChange Augur

Still defiant gear and out of era mounts on the server. What is the point of suspending people if you aren't going solve the root problem?
  17. Yukan doit New Member

This is a concern. I've not been able to find a target with an out of era mount, familiar buff on Ragefire after the purge.
  18. RadarX Augur

This will be resolved, but not this weekend.
  19. karmalious Lorekeeper

My opinions don't matter too much because I stopped paying for my accounts a month ago, however, I think it is pretty ridiculous to ban/suspend/punish any player who is operating within the mechanics of the game. You guys want to punish players instead of punishing a piss-poor development company?

The fault here lies with DBG, they are the ones who left a claim system unchecked in final production and pushed it out to live servers. A player, new or veteran, should not be required to know which era every piece gear comes from.
  20. Mad_Mikey Elder

That objection would make a lot more sense if the items were claimable without doing a non-intuitive multi step workaround.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.