Claims bug - It's time to do damage control, Daybreak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thornpaw New Member

as somebody who didn't touch a thing, I just want to know how will this effect me? am I wasting time raiding and exping? What precautions do I need to take outside of not have claimed anything to ensure this does not impact me?
  2. Borune Journeyman

Hope no one is stupid enough to buy these items in the bazaar.
  3. finallysomesanity New Member

As part of this claims issue will you be reviewing accounts that were able to obtain the mount that provides the following buff:
    20 mana regen
    1400 mana
    1400 endurance
    650 AC
    1050 Health

This item is obscenely out of era and is nearly worth all of a characters existing items combined. As part of your character review process will you be looking at players deleted items or items that have transitioned to key rings?

Thank you for your time on this issue, I'm sure this is not how you expected to spend your Friday.
  4. Tudadar Augur

Kind of have a bad feeling people that didnt participate will regret not doing so
  5. nightork New Member

So in the interests of continuing to discuss...

Some people are saying 'how does this even affect me, it doesnt who cares'

The implications for defiant armor and severely out of era mounts being in game now are far reaching and undeniably over powered for the era.

Seriously its a time locked progression server, if you do not understand that massively out of era items, obtainable through the bazaar or (formerly) claim wreck the balance of content, what are you even doing playing on a retro server? Go get yourself some mercs, defiant gear and fun it up on live servers!

I dare to presume here, which other than the GoD/OoW issue I generally don't do, however defiant gear and stupidly OP mounts (TBH even the lower powered mounts in an ideal setting would not be here on these servers) on a TLP is directly opposed to what most people think is right, or want to see.

What exactly is the point in raiding content if you can (could) /claim your way to far better stuff, or even just walk into the bazaar and buy it?

This stuff really needs to be deleted, rolled back, annulled, voided and kept away from TLP servers until the appropriate time in expansions.

Punishment wise? Well it's hard to argue the case that anyone claiming this or buying this did not know what they were getting in to.

I can smell the drama already when the server is rolled back a week and every legitimate player who earned anything in that week QQ's about the fact they are being boned over someone elses .

IMO its a price worth paying, integrity, honesty, transparency and COMMUNICATION are qualities that seem to have evaporated from DBG since the early days of their reign in EQ, it really did start off so promisingly, you guys actually seemed to listen, and CARE what your player base thought and was saying.

Each step backwards, lately feels like a slap in the face.

Please sort it out. Listen. Don't repeat the mistakes of the past. Talk with us, as opinionated as many of us are we can actually see 'logic' even when it doesn't suit us
  6. Jerricoe Journeyman

DBG please do us a favour and remove this defiant gear from the bazaar as well.
  7. justasub Journeyman

i might add...if you can...IP check those who claimed against those who are selling especially...the krono sellers who exploited (they always find a way) need to be perma-banned....just think how many kronos you can take out of circulation from these cheating f-ers....and then you can sell a bunch more
    and if any wonder what i mean...krono seller uses a krono to make an account....claims f-tons of gear....sells said gear for a bunch of plat....BUYS krono from others....for the plat they just made....sells it to their barter....all washed and clean....time to sell kronos again
  8. Jezzie Augur

9. Silinius Augur

5 day suspensions for each instance of the /claim appear to be going out so GG for those that did it multiple times! I'm not suspended so yay for following the rules!
  10. Murasame New Member

Suspending accounts for a bug that is originally your problem, is not the solution.

I'm with Happyfeet on this, many people have done this to test stuff or for the fun of it. Penalizing them with a 5 day suspension is not fair. Sincerely hope DBG reverse their decision and just remove the items from the inventory and fix this bug.

Obviously, this will fall on deaf ears.
  11. RadarX Augur

For those of you still able to tune in, here is what can go in this thread:

• General discussion about the issue.
    • General discussion about what we are doing about it.
    • Concerns regarding gameplay while these reviews are happening.
    Anything else will result in a suspension as a few of you found out. As a reminder, making or using alternate accounts to avoid that suspension can result in action against your game account. We do understand that there are number of concerns around this, but things need to remain constructive if you want anyone besides me to read this thread.
  12. RadarX Augur

Not on deaf ears at all. This was not some simple thing that people could accidentally do. Those who tried it, especially multiple times, will be getting a vacation. If something seems too good to be true, it's best to stay away from it.
    Lithien likes this.
  13. ASDAprice Lorekeeper

Nexus is a ghost town.. only 230 toons in there... normally is way higher on weekend nights.

I find it funny that they are banhammering there most dedicated (and probably highest $$$) customers, when all that was needed was the items to be removed imho.
  14. Minu New Member

Be very careful how long a "vacation" you give out. If people are away for too long then there is a great chance they will not return. It's not like there is a multitude waiting to play EQ anymore and everyone on a TLP is a paying customer.
  15. Foop New Member

A short vacation for exploiting the game is well deserved. It wasn't an accident, their intention was to cheat and they are now being punished. Be happy it's not a permanent ban.

While we're on the topic...we all know the sobs of "I didn't do it" are next. I'd also like to suggest that anyone who claims they were wrongfully accused and found to be serious offended get a permanent ban. It's a waste of developer time and there should be punishment for it.
    Glistarian likes this.
  16. Hamshire Augur

I am hearing that people with no prior offenses are getting banned for the same thing that people are getting suspended for which makes no sense. I am also hearing and seeing that people are getting suspended emails for five days then later another email for ten days.....is this amateur hour? So what is it five days? ten days? or a combine of fifteen days?
  17. oldandnasty Augur

I still think the perpetrators should've been rolled back to level 1 or deleted, but the important thing is that something is being done.
    Glistarian likes this.
  18. Kaponen Lorekeeper

Warrior007 admitted openly to doing it multiple times, and didn't receive a suspension. Yet others who took similar action received suspensions. I'd like this addressed.
    That is constructive and in the interests of the general forum community is it not?
  19. Dral Elder

Think someone said 5 days per offense.

I really don't believe in Ban Hammer - suspensions are enough to get a message across.

A message did need to be made though - if people move forward thinking that exploiting will just result in DBGs having more work to do and no repercussions to the offenders, then it will just encourage more exploiting in the future.

I really don't think DBGs employees want to be working on fixing something like this when they have so many other projects to work on.
    Glistarian likes this.
  20. Miteeth New Member

I believe they said for every occurrence of the exploit found on an account will result in further 'vacation' time. So for those of you who are 'innocent' and 'accidentally' exploited this on multiple characters, you should expect accumulative suspension time (5 days per incident found i believe).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.