[Phinigel] Master PoP Instances Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Jaera Augur

Instance timed out at 6 hours. A total of three of the esoteric medallion dropping mini-named spawned.

Again, not to belabor the point, but this is now the only "bottleneck" that the instance was introduced to avoid...
  2. MabbuPhinny Augur

You are both missing the point.

It needs to be TESTED. Buffed or not buffed.

Not that it matters with people rocking these new mount buffs I guess.
  3. Prathun Developer

We are planning to continue the use MotM on bosses in the Planes of Power on progression servers, though it's impact will be less, well..., impact-ful in PoP than in earlier era expansions. It's been added internally, and will show up on Test after the next Test server update. I do not know when Test will be updated.
    taliefer and Warrior007 like this.
  4. MabbuPhinny Augur

5. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I for one am excited to have MOTM planes

Thanks for the response, Prathun!

[IMG]
  6. MabbuPhinny Augur

Plane of Tactics 100% Complete

-I was able to enter the Drunder instance.
    -Kill Tallon Zek - Got flagged
    -Kill Vallon Zek - Got flagged

- Killed Decorin Grunhork and Decorin Berik
    - Killed Rallos Event Version of Vallon and Tallon
    -Fake Rallos spawns, untargetable Rallos Zek trigger stays up too though, fake Rallos Zek spawns on top of the untargetable version, makes you think he spawned twice but he didn't.
    -Killed the targetable "fake" Rallos Zek up in his room.
    -Spawned and failed "Rallos Zek the Warlord" in the pit on purpose.
    -Waited 30 minutes, the event repopped fine.
    - NOTE: The original trigger mobs do not repop. But the Rallos event versions of Vallon and Tallon Repop and reside at either ends of the table in the fake Rallos room. You will need to have a pull team for this...they both come with 4-6 adds when pulled >_<
    -Spawned "Fake" Rallos Zek a second time, this time the Untargetable placeholder itself went live. No double Rallos after that. Hmm...figured I'd let real Rallos depop one more time just to see if there's a limit to the number of times you can fail.
    -Spawned and failed "Rallos Zek the Warlord" in the pit on purpose.
    -Waited 30 minutes, Fake Rallos Trigger reappeared, the event repopped fine, this time however, instead of the event version of Tallon and Vallon spawning right away the two named Ogre's respawned: Decorin Grunhork, and Decorin Berik.
    - Killed Decorin Grunhork and Decorin Berik
    - Killed Rallos Event Version of Vallon and Tallon
    - Engaged Rallos Zek the Warlord and was ported to the Tagrin area of the zone within the instance.
    - Ran back to the Pit to re-engage Rallos Zek the Warlord.
    - Killed Rallos Zek the Warlord - Got flagged

The Rallos Zek the Warlord Event is repeatable upon many failures within the instance. The are multiple mechanisms in place to restart the event properly.

Mini named status:
    The Daiku Supplier - UP
    Tagrin - DOWN
    Glykus (the hobo in the pig cave) - DOWN

Props to whichever DEV was in charge of tactics. Well done!
  7. MabbuPhinny Augur

I think it was already posted in this thread but Mitigation of the Mighty V applies the same mitigation as Mitigation of the Mighty IV.

I'm curious to see if this was adjusted to be "less" or the same.
  8. MabbuPhinny Augur

Plane of Valor 100% Complete

- Got instance fine
    - Killed Aerin'Dar
    - Hail Planar Projection - Got flagged
    - Zone into Halls of Honor from the valley north of the AD lair - Got flagged

Note: AD lair doesn't require the key to be made. Can illusion through, or pet classes can run through the side and their pets will open the door for you. This should be fixed to require a key to be made. Add the key to the key ring also perhaps? =)
  9. MabbuPhinny Augur

Plane of Disease 100% Complete

- Got instance fine
    - Gryme spawned and dropped the key.
    - Killed Grummus
    - Hail Planar Projection - Got flagged
    - Zone into Crypt of Decay just fine.
  10. MabbuPhinny Augur

Bastion of Thunder 50% Complete

-Got the instance fine
    -Wing named for Tower access to not spawn. They are:
    Oreen Wavecrasher
    Gaukr Sandstorm
    Laef Windfall
    Hreidar Lynhillig

-Named mobs that drop items needed in order to create a Symbol of Torden, do not always spawn. They are:
    Eindride Icestorm (Tower)
    Auliffe Chaoswind (Tower)
    Brynju Thunderclap (Tower)
    Kuanbyr Hailstorm(Tower)

-Started Agnarr event fine
    -Killed Evynd FireStorm
    -Progressed to next level of Torden fine
    -Killed Emmerik Skyfury
    -Progressed to next level of Torden fine
    -Final level of Torden where Agnarr resides has all 4 of the final named spawning as soon as you port up to Agnarr. You might be able to try and kite them, but they really should spawn one at a time based on Agnarr's health %. They are:
    Oljin Stormtide
    Jolur Sandstorm
    Ekil Thundercall
    Hibdin Cyclone

I will test this again when the lockout is up in 6 days.

Thanks!
  11. Gilamas New Member

Good job so far Mabbu.!

Have you had any chance to test out Plane of Torment yet? I am personally abit meeh about the fact that you can/could sploid through the door to Saryrn.
  12. Trevalon Augur

One of our guild mates was testing PoP instances recently and reported that mobs are respawning within the instances. The confirmed zones that mobs respawned in were Plane of Justice, Plane of Air, and Halls of Honor. We didn't check anything else yet, but this definitely needs to be checked. Did you have this occur in your instances Mabbu?
  13. Crayon123 Augur

Way to go Mabbu, doing a good thing for the server there sir.
  14. Jaera Augur

With the change to doors throughout the game (a bug fix 15+ years in the making) there has now been a bottleneck introduced with the key to Saryrn's tower in Plane of Torment.

Just checked the instance, and I only had one of the avatars spawn for me (The Avatar of Anguish). These NPCs are required for the key, of which the key-combine NPC (Baraguj Szuul) does spawn in the instance.

The four avatars are:
    Similar to the Plane of Storms medallion NPCs, these targets should spawn every time for the instance, otherwise you're going to see 15 guilds sitting on top of each other in Torment attempting to KS each other to get the key parts (or worse, actively blocking other guilds from being able to kill Saryrn and continue progression). These four avatars do not drop any loot other than the key parts necessary to create the key to Saryrn's tower, and thus there should be no abnormal introduction of loot if they are made to always spawn.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Plane of Innovation:

Xanamech Nezmirthafen - script worked properly, Giwin accepted the 3 quest items and did his path. Xanamech spawned and Giwin responded to hails when dead. Lockout worked.

Manaetic Prototype X/XI/IX - There was no lockout for killing these 3 mini named mobs which drop 2-lower quality raid loots every time. I assume there should be a lockout on these.

Manaetic Behemoth - Script worked properly, when he died Giwin with armor spawned (didn't respond to hails but I already have this flag so dunno if thats why). Lockout worked.
  16. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Trash respawns in PoP instances from what I have seen. That would only lead me to believe that the other avatars will spawn when killing their PHs. As was mentioned before, instances are there to serve the purpose of reducing bottlenecks, not making content easier. With that being the case, as long as the avatars spawn at some point, the instances are serving their purpose.

And INB4 somebody says that forcing a raid to sit and farm a key piece in a Torment instance, let's be real. We all know what a REAL bottleneck is. This would hardly qualify.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Compiled issue list so far from posts by Trevalon, Ducreux, Mabbu, Warrior007, and anyone else I forgot to credit so far:

Eryslai, the Kingdom of Wind (Plane of Air):
    • During the Wind Ring (Stormriders/Bees), if you kill the "a sporadic stormrider" while it is pathing to its point during the script it will bug out causing the later mobs in the script to not activate, preventing you from being able to complete the event. This can be resolved by simply not attacking the bee mobs while they are pathing during the script... but still a bug.
    • During the Dust Ring (Spiders), the 15 "an eratic arachnid" mobs which spawn at the beginning of the event should instantly respawn should they be killed during the event. Currently in the instance they are NOT respawning at any point during the event, this bug completely removes a sizeable challenge in this event.
    Doomfire the Burning Lands (Plane of Fire):
    • Babnoxis the Spider Queen, Blazzax the Omnifiend and Arch Mage Yozanni are not spawning in the instance. All 3 are raid minis and should spawn immediately as well as having their own lockouts.
    Bastion of Thunder:
    • The 4 named giants at the end of each wing on the first floor are not spawning in the instance. These giants do actually drop good loot/spells for the era, so I can understand why you may have left them out, however the key container (Ring of Torden) they drop (and only they drop) is required to click up into the Tower sections of the zone. The reason they should be added to the instance is because the named mobs in the Tower section drop the second key container (Unadorned Symbol of Torden) which is a requirement for triggering the Agnarr event. Without the first key, you cannot get the second and without the second you cannot do Agnarr. The names of the wing NPCs omitted from the instance:
    Gaukr Sandstorm
    Hreidar Lynhillig
    Laef Windfall
    Oreen Wavecrasher
    • During the Agnarr event his 4 giant minis are spawning immediately upon clicking into Agnarr's room in the final (3rd) phase of the event. Additionally these same giant minis are spawning a second time at the correct 100/75/50/25% HP increments. The names of the NPCs incorrectly all being spawned upon triggering the Agnarr part of the script:
    Jolur Sandstorm (100%)
    Ekil Thundercall (75%)
    Oljin Stormtide (50%)
    Hibdin Cyclone (25%)
    Plane of Storm:
    • The Esoteric Medallion giant named are not spawning on instance pop. They should all be 100% guaranteed to spawn within the instance. These giants are:
    Faruek the Bold (Ocean)
    Laruken the Rigid (Forest)
    Paruek the Strong (Ocean)
    Pendubk the Turbulent (Desert)
    Solnebk the Unruly (Desert)
    Zertuken the Unyielding (Forest)
    • (Minor Issue) Drornok Tok Vo'Lok (froglok spawned from clearing out center frogs/tadpools) doesn't have a lockout while the other 4 raid scripts that require clearing out the local trash to spawn the named do have lockouts.
    Plane of Torment:
    • Attacking Baraguj Szuul (Stomach event) causes him to port you out of the instance, into the open world stomach (Loc = 930, -1150, -784.52). Obviously it should port you to the same location within your instance, not forcing you to zone out to the static world.
    • Triggering Tylis Newleaf's script (Keeper of Sorrows event) by saying "We are ready" to him causes him to port you out of the instance, into the open world KoS event (Loc = 804, -175, -956.68). Obviously it should port you to the same location within your instance, not forcing you to zone out to the static world.
    • The Avatars for the Saryrn key, Screaming Sphere, are not spawning on instance pop. They should all be 100% guaranteed to spawn within the instance. These NPCs are:
    The Avatar of Agony
    The Avatar of Anguish
    The Avatar of Pain
    The Avatar of Suffering

Plane of Innovation:
    • (Minor Issue) The Manaetic Prototypes X, XI and IX do not have lockouts though they are mini-named with lower tier raid loot for the era, aimed at multi-group raids.
    Plane of Nightmare:
    • Completing the Hedge Maze event while in the PoNightmare instance transports you out of the instance to the static zone.
    Multi-Zone Issue:
    • Lockouts for events with trigger mobs whom you must kill to initiate the event or spawn a boss are occuring when the trigger mob dies, not when the final boss dies or the event is completed successfully. This may cause an issue with locking guilds out for a week on a failed attempt.
    Ryak likes this.
  18. PDiddy New Member

Thank you to all the MVPs out there testing this stuff.
  19. Absor Developer

With any luck these should be fixed. I haven't had a chance to test this since Friday, but hopefully it works. Looking into other things in this thread (or forwarding stuff to others to look into... :) )
  20. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Thanks for listening and staying on top of things, devs. The proactive-ness I have no doubt will result in a much cleaner product.