[Phinigel] Master PoP Instances Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Zanador Elder

Thank you for the response, Ngreth!

Understandable that you do not want to make a change like that without discussing it with the team. One thing I would just like to note: All other planar projections in PoP give out 72 flags, Caprin being the only one that gives out 36. Personally, I think it was an oversight when PoP was created.

Considering the Emperor planar rift VT key pieces were increased in the instance, it would make sense to also increase Caprin to smooth out progression. While there may be workarounds to only getting 36 flags like was discussed above, having to split raid, and then come back several days later to kill Bertoxx just makes things disjointed and disrupts the flow.
    Sophism and Warlorf like this.
  2. Trevalon Augur

Thanks for the response Ngreth - The post I made that you quoted was a copy from a PM conversation I had with Prathun, Dzarn, and Absor. Is there any chance talking to them about this issue and see if yall can agree to change Carp? I understand not wanting to make that kinda decision without input from the team, so what would need to happen to get that input done? Can we setup a meeting at the water cooler at 3 or something? :p

In all seriousness, there are definitely some issues that need to be fixed (The Torment issues are pretty big bugs). Let's hope this stuff can get fixed before PoP goes live and not after like in Luclin :)
  3. Absor Developer

Keep in mind that these instances are primarily intended to prevent bottlenecks to content, not to make doing the content easier or faster. Plane of Storms is a good example of this. There is no reason that you would not have to do the trigger stuff to get the named giants, since you have to do them in the base zone as well.

A
    Ryak likes this.
  4. Trevalon Augur

Good to hear, I and the other person I was testing Storms with had forgotten about the trigger to the names, we will go test those triggers out asap to make sure everything is up and up.
  5. Ryak Augur

This is great. It is in everyone's interest to get any bugs fixed *before* PoP comes out.

Let's try to make sure that mostly everyone agrees to keep this thread as on topic as possible if the devs can agree to ignore the people who will inevitably show up with whatever random unrelated complaints they want to post.

Just keeping the constructive discussion going until we get all the issues found should be the priority, hopefully.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think it is important to clarify the different named Giants here.

There are the ones used in flagging. Each giant fort has two of these named Giants and they drop 3 Esoteric Medallions each, A player needs 2 different medallions to complete the quest. These are named:

Faruek the Bold (Ocean)
    Laruken the Rigid (Forest)
    Paruek the Strong (Ocean)
    Pendubk the Turbulent (Desert)
    Solnebk the Unruly (Desert)
    Zertuken the Unyielding (Forest)

All of these Giants are named mobs with fixed spawn times and no place holder. There is no script or event that spawns them. And they are seen as the bottleneck in the Askr's Quest (BoT flag). They should all spawn upon an instanced zones creation, along with the base spawns in the instance.

The OTHER named are the giant "Lords" which are scripted events which typically require you clear out all of the trash and named Giants to spawn them. These are named:

Neffiken, Lord of the Kelek'Vor (Forest)
    Jeplak, Lord of Srerendi (Ocean)
    Gurebk, Lord of Krendic (Desert)

They should not be up on in a fresh instanced, instead requiring you clear the required Giants at their respective forts to spawn them.

----

I hope that clears up what someone's bug report intended to say. The fort Giants which drop esoteric medallions for Progression aren't up and should be in an instance.
    Silentchaos, Ryak and Trevalon like this.
  7. Trevalon Augur

heh, I just sent almost an exact copy of this post to Absor in a PM...I think he just misunderstood what Giants I was talking about in the first place.

As it is you have to get the AoC instance right now, and then wait 4.5 hours for the giants to all spawn then you only have 1.5 hours to clear all 6 named giants and you can only key 9 people with that.

Suggestion is to make these giants spawn as soon as you get the instance and then make them drop 6-8 Medallions, meaning you can take 3 groups in and key everyone thus eliminating the bottleneck. (6 Medallions each would mean you can take 18 people and get 18 keys I believe, lol, math is hard)
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I was planning on getting on Test tonight, but unless these have mighty buff (which they may, feel free to confirm/deny this) I don't see it being necessary to increase the drop rate. They're easily doable by a group or less at 65. 9 people would make them all pretty easy. You just need to be careful about only taking 9 or less people, and alternating the talismans so they all get keyed.

I'm down with reducing bottlenecks and instancing this content. But you don't need to make it so easier by increasing the number of keys they drop thereby increasing the number of people you can bring into a single instance while still getting everyone keyed.

If you want to overpower the content with large forces you can do that in the open world and wait on the 2-4 hour respawn (I forget which it is) or you can be content with the fact that not everyone will get flagged and they'll get locked out for a week.

If they decide to throw mighty buff and make these way harder than they were in era I could see the value in increasing the number of talismans they drop though.
  9. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

"the x" variants are definitely not spawning in the instances. They should, and they should not be linked to a lockout as they are a static trash respawn anyways. They are the primary bottleneck.

Also, the "Lords" you listed are accurate, there is one that is part of the Mysterious cycle that shouldn't be touched at all. These lords SHOULD be up from the start of the zone, they simply shouldn't be able to be targeted until you kill all the giants around the lord in question.

I also want to echo and clarify this - Carprin cycle/Chapel should give 72 flags. It's more of a quality of raiding thing for the first week than anything -- it wouldn't drastically change much aside from providing equality in instances and prevent a bottleneck.

The Emperor keys were not touched on Phinigel. It's been 40. The only thing that was fixed is loot lockout does not prevent the rifts from generating. Adding another wraith and upping the dropped rifts to 12 would of prevented the 40 limitation.

@Devs - is there any way you could have a NPC in Tranquility that resets all lockouts we're receiving? Fresh testcopies still receive account lockouts.
  10. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Also - Are you planning on continuing the MOTM line? Next step, if you follow the prior expansions, should be Mitigation of the Mighty V. This is 10% mitigation to everything. The spell does not appear to be updated, nor does anything have MOTM.

With the power increase and AA changes, I would encourage MOTM to continue. Otherwise, much of the content from even classic will be more difficult than many of the PoP encounters.

[IMG]
  11. Machen New Member

This is more a curiosity thing than anything, but when you testcopy from phinigel do your phinigel account lockouts follow you to test? Wondering if they made the account locks server specific or if there will be potential cross server conflicts if they ever do a new phinigel style progression server.
  12. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Yep. You get all your lockouts from any character you copy.
  13. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Torden, the Bastion of Thunder:

The initial wing bosses are no where to be found. Tested clearing 2 entire wings - didn't spawn still. They drop the Ring of Torden, necessary to key up for Towers and Agnarr. Here they are below:

On the topic of keys, PoP keys are not keyring accessible. It'd be nice if they were!

List of physical keys I can recall:

14. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Tested PoEarth A and B instances.

Everything in PoEarth A works as expected.

PoEarth B:

The 4 War Chieftain occupy a single lockout initiated by killing the first of the four rather than occupying separate lockouts for each individual War Chieftain. Perhaps by design, likely irrelevant, but I figured I would mention it.

The Rathe Council script is operating faster than it should. The timer is supposed to be 7-minutes from the death of the first councilman. If you don't kill all 12 in 7 minutes, forcing the Avatar of Earth to spawn, the first councilman you killed should respawn.

[Thu Dec 08 20:47:54 2016] You have slain A Rathe Councilman!
    [Thu Dec 08 20:48:17 2016] You have slain A Rathe Councilman!
    [Thu Dec 08 20:48:28 2016] You have slain A Rathe Councilman!
    [Thu Dec 08 20:48:39 2016] You have slain A Rathe Councilman!
    [Thu Dec 08 20:48:39 2016] You have slain A Rathe Councilman!
    [Thu Dec 08 20:48:51 2016] You have slain A Rathe Councilman!
    [Thu Dec 08 20:48:51 2016] You have slain A Rathe Councilman!
    [Thu Dec 08 20:48:57 2016] You have slain A Rathe Councilman!
    [Thu Dec 08 20:53:44 2016] You have slain A Rathe Councilman! <-- Killed 12th once I saw first respawn

This looks as though the timer is set to 5 min 45 seconds for a respawn (giving myself 5 seconds for reaction time to kill the 12th once I saw respawn). I am fairly sure this should be 7 minutes.

The Rathe Council lockout timer begins from the time you kill the first Rathe Councilmen. Not from the time you kill the Avatar of Earth. This should be changed, because many guilds will accidentally kill a councilmen or fail the timer or wipe at the end and be locked out from the encounter entirely when they didn't complete it.

Also the Essence of Earth that spawns upon Avatar of Earth's death doesn't seem to despawn after 15 minutes like I recall it despawning.
  15. Machen New Member

I bet this is from the global spawn timer reduction they did 6 or 7 years ago or so--I forget exactly when but almost all spawn times were reduced by something like 25%. I don't recall what the timer was on Fippy but I bet it was the same as it currently is.
  16. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Testing PoStorm instance now.

As has already been reported, the 6 mini-bosses in the 3 giant forts are not spawning in the instance.

All following scripts work:

Jeplak, Lord of Srerendi
    Gurebk, Lord of Krendic
    Neffiken, Lord of Kelek'Vor
    Ston'Ruak, Ancient of Trees (queen bee)

The Drornok Tok Vo'Lok (froglok in center) script works properly however he doesn't give any lockout when killed like the other 4 scripted events do in the zone.

Also the 3 Lords were dropping 3 Esoteric talismans. I don't recall this during PoP era, but almost no one did this content so its possible it was just added later on.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Screaming Sphere

That one also.

I tested the BoT instance too, as he said the 4 wing minis don't spawn in the instance currently.

The 4 Tower named worked properly and provided correct lockouts.

The electric phallus properly triggered the 4 stone gargoyles to attack when clicked without the Symbol of Torden. It correctly ported me into the room when holding the Symbol of Torden also.

The Agnarr event works except for the final phase. The way it should work is you aggro Agnarr and his four minis should spawn at the East portal at specific percentages on Agnarr's HP.

Jolur Sandstorm (100%)
    Ekil Thundercall (75%)
    Oljin Stormtide (50%)
    Hibdin Cyclone (25%)

Currently - When I clicked up in the instance, Agnarr and all 4 minis spawn and attack simultaneously.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Plane of Fire instance:

Arch Mage Yozanni
    Babnoxis the Spider Queen
    Blazzax the Omnifiend

These three raid minis did NOT spawn in the fire instance. They should of course be spawning and have their own lockout timer.

As with other PoP instances, when you kill the trigger mob for a script (in this case Guardian of Doomfire for the Fennin Ro script), you immediately get the lockout for the final boss. I guess I understand it may be necessary in order to prevent farming script for fiend guts or the mini loot though.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  19. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Same findings here. Thanks!
  20. MabbuPhinny Augur

Plane of Water 100% Complete

I tested the Plane of Water fully.

All 3 raid bosses spawn fine and the Coirnav event works beautifully.

My only concern with this event is if Mitigation of the mighty is added to the mobs in this event, and Coirnav himself that "most" guilds will not be able to complete it. The event has a 15 minute timer to complete or you fail and are ported out of the zone, and I highly doubt that with the buff on the named mobs and coirnav in the event, on top of the increase in HP that come with having the buff, that many guilds other than the absolute best top 4-5 will be able to kill Coirnav.

I hope that if you choose to add mitigation of the mighty to all PoP bosses...you consider the average dps of a healthy and skilled lvl 65 raid force when calculating a reasonable timer to complete the coirnav event. 15 minutes may not be enough, maybe 18-20 if they are buffed.

It should be tested more if the Mitigation of the Mighty is being considered buff is being considered.
    Warlorf likes this.