[Phinigel] Master PoP Instances Testing Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Trevalon Augur

Yea I guess your right Machen, I can zone into Elemental Zones at level 60 with no flags on test. So we need a under 60 to test the flags correctly.
  2. Trevalon Augur

I still think Valor is messed up and is not requiring any flag. All the other zone AoC's are requiring the flags except Valor and I am fully flagged at 60 to go into everything including time.

So Valor's AoC may need to be looked into.
  3. Ducreux Augur

TORMENT:

Attacking Baraguj Szuul causes him to port you out of the INSTANCE into the OPEN WORLD stomach. Killing the Unimaginable Horror ports you back to OPEN WORLD Baraguj Szuul and not the instance. This is an issue that will cause guilds to be unable to complete their Saryrn key until open world Baraguj respawns.

Tylis Newleaf in the suspended jail cell after killing Maareq the Prophet ports you out of the INSTANCE into OPEN WORLD for his little tower mini-event. Killing The Keeper of Sorrows causes the second Tylis Newleaf to spawn, who will port you back down to the OPEN WORLD room where you previously killed Maareq in the instance.
    Ryak likes this.
  4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Thanks for creating this thread Satoshi. I was just about to do the same thing but found your post here instead. It definitely needed to happen.

There is a PoStorms AoC. Hopefully that will alleviate this.
  5. Trevalon Augur

Yes the AoC is good and makes it where you can key up to 9 people in the instance itself. But we did find out that the named giants are not spawning when you get the instance, so you're gonna have a 4.5 hour poopsock for the giants to spawn. This needs to be fixed so they spawn on instance pop.
  6. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I agree. Without the named giants there is little point in the AoC for this zone even existing. Satoshi, is there any chance you can periodically update your OP with a running list of findings that way there is a consolidated area of existing bugs/issues? That way we avoid a hundred pages of duplicate reports. If not I'll just sift through from time to time and post revised listings.
  7. Ducreux Augur

Unfortunately the way EQ boards are done makes you unable to edit after 30 minutes.
  8. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Then we will have to improvise and go with the latter. No problem.

Current List:

1) The Agent of Change for Plane of Nightmare B (Lair of Terris Thule) is located somewhat far away from the zone line associated with PoN B

2) Completing the Hedge Maze event while in the Plane of Nightmares instance transports you to the non-instanced version of Plane of Nightmares

3) Named giants are not spawning in the PoStorms instance

4) Carprin Cycle only gives 36 keys instead of 72 like everything else.

5) Plane of Valor does not require a Flag - previously it required a PoJ Trial. This should be fixed. (Possible bug - may need to be checked)

6) PoTorment: Attacking Baraguj Szuul causes him to port you out of the INSTANCE into the OPEN WORLD stomach. Killing the Unimaginable Horror ports you back to OPEN WORLD Baraguj Szuul and not the instance. This is an issue that will cause guilds to be unable to complete their Saryrn key until open world Baraguj respawns.

7) PoTorment: Tylis Newleaf in the suspended jail cell after killing Maareq the Prophet ports you out of the INSTANCE into OPEN WORLD for his little tower mini-event. Killing The Keeper of Sorrows causes the second Tylis Newleaf to spawn, who will port you back down to the OPEN WORLD room where you previously killed Maareq in the instance.
    Ryak likes this.
  9. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Added the entry AoC's for all the planes to Allakhazam. Will get the other AoC's within the expeditions done soon. Also will get the expedition zones added soon too with quest entries. Let me know if there is anything else we need to add on the site.
  10. Progress Augur

Since we are also talking about possible choke points...does PoJ have its own AoC and if so when you start the trial does it port you to the instanced version of the trial? If it doesn't have its own AoC, then it was a huge choke point on Vulak, as it turns into a spam fest at one or two trials and if someone wants to block access they can attempt to lock it down. But all these points are null if PoValor doesn't require a PoJ trial anymore.
  11. Machen New Member

Again, this is NOT a tlp bug. This is because you are testing things on the test server, where PoValor and all the other PoP zones are not restricted by progression. Please remove this one from future lists so as to not waste dev time on something that isn't broken.
  12. Ducreux Augur

PoJ has an AoC and the trialmasters successfully transport you to the correct location INSIDE the instance.
  13. Machen New Member

Amazing lol
  14. -wycca Augur

The giants undoubtedly spawn, they're probably just delayed (same bug as a ton of other named), they likely need to be force-spawned in the instance.

Kudos for addressing the PoStorms, PoJ, and Hedge bottlenecks though - those were pretty damn big ones.

The 32-keys for Carpin isn't a problem with an instance, it was never an event that took a full 72. I don't see a problem here - split your raid!
  15. Zanador Elder

Sure, you can split your raid to get all 72 keyed for Caprin from the start- but now you have two different Crypt of Decay instances, ~36 people in each, and have to kill Bertoxx like that, who gives 72 flags when you kill him.

It would effectively require you to get a Caprin openworld before burning your Crypt of Decay instance for the week, or will delay your ability to kill Bertoxx for a week, thus bottlenecking all other progression.

It makes no sense for a single mob to give out half the flags that every other fight in the expansion gives out.
  16. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Not really. As long as everyone has the same lockouts the splits can be re-combined on a subsequent raid night once the request timer expires. Yeah it's sort of wasting the Bertox portion of the instance, but other raids can be accomplished during that time for the sake of efficiency.

I'm still concerned about the named giant spawns in the instances. The "they're probably just delayed" sentiment seems a bit too optimistic to me. I'd rather be sure, that way there's at least some point to having an AOC for the zone. If somebody else doesn't verify, I will
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They should be changed to spawn when the instance is triggered.

But it's worth noting, there are raid mobs and events in PoStorm unrelated to Planar Progression. Like the Ocean giant lord and the bee queen, which could be the dev's main point for the AoC for PoStorm, they just likely forgot that basically no one did those events and they only cared about the Askr's Task Giants when going in the zone.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I did *NOT* increase this. It is still 36. Changing this is not a decision I am going to make without consultation of the team. I'm simply confirming that it is not changed.
    (I happened to work on the instancing of Crypt of Decay and Plane of Fire. It was spread around the team, so I can only speak on those two.)
  19. Warlorf Augur

Can anyone confirm/deny what the lockout timers will be set at? Im sorry if I skipped over it if someone has posted this. Would be very nice to not have anything like 7 days so people requiring backflagging did not have to wait another week to catch up. Also looking into friendly guild cooperation regarding backflagging etc.

Thank you in advance
  20. Progress Augur

If you get a chance, can you check to see if the trials respawn in an instance or is it one and done! Thanks.