"...they will not change their decision..."

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chanaluss, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snailish Augur

Nothing needs bundling prior to OoW, aside from the already bundled on past progression servers LoY and LDoN.

LoY is the needed lower level group content for PoP, they go together very well. LoY does not make PoP obsolete.

LDoN is a gimmicky side game (that I really enjoyed back in the day to be honest). I can be on it's own, but 3 months when everything else is 3 months will feel long. Bundled with PoP/LoY can work, though in that case I'd argue push the 3 months to 4. I think it also logically works bundled with GoD.

As far as bundling of stuff after level 70... maybe it's a good idea. It could also be entirely unnecessary. Bundling makes sense when the combination: becomes a wider level range, gives group level and raid level options, doesn't result in more raid events to do than fit the timeframe given, and it doesn't obsolete much of the older bundled expac in the group. So if that criteria applies, bundle away.
  2. malaki Augur

This is exactly what happened. And then on top of all of this, player characters were revamped in TSS which is retroactive now and vastly more powerful.
  3. Machen New Member

The problem is, LDoN is great for groupers, but it's death for raiders (except for those damn must-have augs.) You go from being able to do a dozen events in plane of time in about 2-4 hours total, with a total of maybe 80 trash mobs, to spending >1 hour per event with some events alone having >100 trash mobs. In PoTime, you haven't finished your dkp bids before you engage the next boss. In LDoN, you can't even remember what dropped in the last event by the time you clear the trash for the next, and half of it rotted anyway. PoTime is arguably the easiest/greatest loot pinata of any expansion ever, but LDoN is an extremely painful overcorrection for raiders. The only saving grace is that some of the augs are good for >10 expansions to come. +spec alteration or +spec evocation is a really, really big carrot for healers and nukers. But that really just makes it worse for raiders, who would prefer to have valid reason just to skip the whole damn thing because it is so awful otherwise.
    snailish likes this.
  4. snailish Augur

Agreed.

It can help the less serious gear up to handle PoP raiding as well, which is why many see it fitting fine as a triple expac of PoP/LoY/LDoN. Is 3 months enough time for a raiding 3 times a week guild to mostly do this content? How about a 5 times a week? If not, add the month or two to it so the triple expac gets 4 or 5 months of play. Whatever times out as getting useful play out of the era.

That should be the overriding criteria to any bundling: does the bundle allow the content to be well-used across the playerbase within the timeframe given.
  5. Kyala New Member

i was one of those who enjoyed the challenge GoD brought when it initially was released, that with a guild that raided only 2x a week. But yeah it was Too hard back than , what we all agree on.

Recent experience on quarm--- Like a Warrior in deviant armor lvl 63(like 6khp( thats what tanks gona be at at the end of luclin already))tanking in Barindu (yeah i know only barindu) without issues -- confirms the statements of GoD being tuned down nicely for me

And yes GoD will be skipped unless guilds force themselve to do it IN Era, on quarm we instead just killed some Open world OOW bosses for easy loot before trials
  6. taliefer Augur

im not sure what linking raid loot has to do with GoD being a good expansion for groupers, but alright.

in regards to your doubts about GoD being retuned, a quick google of "gates of discord retuning" returns this:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/gates-of-discord-gets-retuned.32926/

and as others have been trying to tell you, player power is much greater in general than it was in 2004
  7. Progress Augur

Even on Vulak we beat GoD in era and that was before the melee adjustments. The group game wasn't easy and some of the events took a little bit of strategy, but that should in no way affect the release of the expansion which probably because someones cousin's uncle's brother told a dev that it was too hard.
  8. Mithra Augur

The only difficult part of GoD on Vulak was trying to not break scripts by DPSing too hard, like on Vrex Barxt Qurat which screwed our first Uqua win.
  9. Machen New Member

nm
  10. Kullster New Member

2 expansions worth of aas and 5 levels is way too much to do in 3 months with the current exp curve if they are bundled.
  11. Machen New Member

It really isn't. That's not the issue. You'll have far more stringent/bigger level and aa requirements in future single expansions.
  12. jordune Augur

vanrau,
    the combine merged with Xegony server. i played there to.
  13. RadarX Augur

No definitive decision has been made at this time. When we announce such a decision it will be very public and not on the issue tracker.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.