EoK Currency is No Trade on FV?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

Forever currency has been tradable on FV.. for that matter 99% of everything on FV is tradeable. including everything you can buy with currency. so why is currency not tradeable on FV this time around?

something does not seem right if this is correct. this is the bread and butter of FV (trading things) if it is meant that this is no trade then you are steeling from the entire point of the FV server.
  2. Zamiam Augur

hmm cant find where i saw a dev respond but i think their response was at this time its as was intended or something to that effect..
  3. Zamiam Augur

4. Wizdons Augur

5. Wizdons Augur

I would still like to know why? Why all of a sudden make a change to FV currency. Trading things is what FV is about.

What I was even more shocked to find out is that even the group level currency is no trade..

Not sure what the playerbase of FV has to do to make someone at DB listed or are we seriously stuck with the stubborn decisions of Ngreth?
  6. moogs Augur

Oh man. Players are going to have to...play.
  7. Wizdons Augur

i do play.. would be nice to sell the currency rather than have to go through the black market selling crap.

I cant sell the gear in the /baz cause the stupid price limit.. currency was nice because i could still sell it or buy it and not have to worry about the limit.

another reason they need to fix the baz limit. or at least allow the trade of currency..
  8. Warpeace Augur

Making currency no trade and still having the gear tradable was just .......

So now if someone wants a piece of gear they need a buyer and the price goes up even more, cool.
  9. Goranothos Augur

Pretty much the whole point of FV is the fact that most everything is able to be bought and sold.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  10. Reht The Dude abides...

Most everything can still be bought and sold on FV
  11. Orbital101 Augur

Maybe to CB next Quarm event from converting the reward to currency to Kronos p
    At it stand you can create a new account, pay one krono to make 12+ every 3 days. Multiply that per each copy of your toon you been able to PL up there + your free time and make the math.
  12. Wizdons Augur

what your saying is punish FV cause stupid TLP junk?
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  13. Orbital101 Augur

If gears is not no drop then it come up to the same really, just more hassle for everyone and much more for Quarm.

Doubt its for that reason though as they could have found plenty of other way to not penalize everyone else
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

It has nothing to do with Quarm. If it was a Quarm issue it would been flagged no trade on Quarm and left as is on FV.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Ask Mages about how TLP can effect current level servers due to class domination on Ragefire and Vox lol. ;)
    Sancus and Wizdons like this.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

While I do believe folks are blowing it out or proportion, and we reserve the right to make future currencies like this Firiona Vie No-Trade, We did go ahead and change it to tradable for the next patch.

Someone did say it correctly *most* things are tradable on FV, not everything.
    Goranothos and Ssdar like this.
  17. Wizdons Augur

just to confirm, you are making EoK group and raid currency trade-able on FV?

if so.. god bless you sir. you shall sleep comfortably that you have made the days of so many of the people on the FV server. I would send you a case of your choice of beer if i knew how.
  18. Wizdons Augur

yup... happy dance time.

thanks sir.

you faction is now "amiably" with FV. up from "ready to attack " Hell of a faction boost i must say.
  19. Dral Elder

From a design and game perspective it made perfect sense to have it as no-trade. If it takes five runs to get enough currency for an item - that is a design element. If the currency is tradable, you can pile up the currency from all toons in a group onto one person and they have access to an item before they are designed to.

Some classes are more equipment dependent. So, using currency from the group to completely gear out just the main tank would speed up the designed progression curve. Not even going into the fact that previously earned wealth can be used to mass purchase current expansion currency to break the progression curve further.

That said, thank you for making this change! =D

The no-drop tag has typically only ever been used on some epic weapon drops, expansion/progression items, or situations where having the item tradable was exploitable. The no-trade tag on FV has always been an exception - and that's the way we like it.

If the Quarm reward was an issue that influenced this decision, I would rather have the special ruleset currency unclaimable on FV than make currency on FV no-trade.
  20. Zamiam Augur

*sc on*
    and im sure the peeps on zek are overjoyed that FV got a response on making currency tradeable yet they wait patiently :p for a response to their sos2 problem ..rofl
    *sc off*