For raiders that would prefer a flag vs currency in EOK T1 chests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Nov 23, 2016.

1. segap Augur

Those guilds racing for the top few spots will do so regardless. They're all capable of moving forward missing a few flags, but, for the most part, have enough dedicated people that they'll not have to worry about people missing flags.

The extra flags would help the lower tier guilds with more erratic attendance. The guilds that likely have a solid, dedicated core, but fill out with 20ish people that miss a night here and there. Your typical mid-tier guilds. These guilds have farmed TBM to death and would like to have more than two EoK raids sooner than later. They also need all the numbers they can get as their roster depth is not as strong or balanced as the top guilds.

Now, you could argue it just puts them in to farm mode sooner and starts the same cycle of being bored that much faster...
    Gundolin likes this.
  2. Gundolin Augur

Cicelee, I don't remember the last time we had 54 at a raid. I think it was once last May during the anniversary event. Really what I think the OP is wanting is to be able to grant 2 flags instead of one to that raider that comes to 90% of the raids but missed one week. Or the raider who can only make 60% of the raids, but missed a couple of flags.

I don't know what its like for the guilds racing for "#1", but if you are having 54 people show up for every raid, I don't think 2 extra flags will make any difference one way or the other. Really all this does is allows the raid leader to help a couple of good loyal members to cut out one week out of back flagging. This really is more of a benefit for the mid tier guilds than the top guilds. Wasn't this same option given in TBM with greater spirit armor in the chests?

I know for me I missed the first Lcea raid so I'm one flag back. My guess is if we continue to get two wins each weekend, we will hit Lcea and Droga the same day, and then hit T2 either the next day so it probably won't make a big difference. Of course we won't be able to hit T2 until January in any event due to Christmas most likely.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I will even consider ADDING a backflag (I.E. add to the chest, not replace the currency.) But in the appropriate chests. I.E. there would not be a flag in Lceanium Raid chests, and I think (I have to research more, just answering on the fly) not in the Droga chest. But there would be a flag that you would have gotten in the lceanium raid in the chardok chests, and a chardok flag in the Korsha chests. I.E. a proper backflag.

BUT... I do need to pass it to the team and not make this a single dev decision. So... I will get back to you.
    Vados, adetia, Sindaiann and 2 others like this.
  4. Robnie Augur

Thank you Ngreth and please do! The amount of backflags that dropped in beta were pretty low compared to the 6 weeks required to flag.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Are you saying that Chardok raids and Korsha raids currently do not have any of the previous tier flags in them? I know in TBM the four T2 raids (Emollious, Grannus, Rakkapan, Grummus) all had I believe sixteen T1 back flags to help back flag members who were a bit behind. I think all of us were hoping to see similar results with EOK.

The OP is not asking for back flags, he is asking for additional flags for the same tier he is in. But you saying that you will consider adding back flags to Chardok/Korsha makes me believe there is none there already in the first place. That would be very bad if those raids did not back flag...
  6. EnchFWO Augur

Pretty sure they care which guilds are hitting the top 3 - 5 for the next beta cycle to test raids. I'm not saying the logic is flawed (as obviously those people are committed and get it done ASAP) but you better believe that they pay attention to who is where and when. However, at this point in the game it's pretty much the same guilds, every expac making the #1 - 5 wins.

There is no meaningful "race" in EQ anymore period. We could put bets on it. However, it just demonstrates who is willing to log in as soon as every lockout is up and put in the time and effort. It's commendable to see such dedication but in this case it's superficial to the general populous. You also get the bias of 'well you saw the raid in beta' which may or may not perpetuate the cycle. I don't really wanna touch that and I don't know.

I feel one of the only reasons you are advocating against a backflag in the chest is because you are inherently biased (whether you want to realize it or not) because you're in a top guild. Just pointing that out - not as an attack but more of having "blinders" on when making your argument.

Edit: Multiple posts happened since I wrote this. The fact that there are no backflags in T2 for T1 is now distressing and I think takes priority over the initial issue.
  7. Robnie Augur

There were 2 backflags per chest in t2 and t3 on beta. Considering tbm had 16 with a 4 week flagging cycle I think there could be a couple more than 2. Maybe not 16 but more than 2. .
    Sindaiann likes this.
  8. Slippry Augur

There were already previous tier backflags in raid chests during beta. 2 or 3 backflag keys, not the 16 backflags from TBM.

Requiring 6 full clears of keys for entry to the next tier is really rough. 100% raid attendance from 48 players to bring a full raid into the next tier. It was bad enough doing that for 4 clears, but needing 6 clears during holiday season is cruel. We're asking for some extra same-tier keys in order to smooth out the players that would be at 10/12 keys after 6 raid cycles.
    Gundolin likes this.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

I believe T2 will have backflags. So will be irrelevant throughout the year.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thanks Ngreth.

The extra coins are a nice reward for those on the bench. :)
  11. Sindaiann Augur

Mentioned this during beta.....proper back flags in T2 and T3 should occur. My issue is that beta only had 2 proper back flags per event, as others mentioned already, 16 seems too much, but 2 is far too low.
  12. -----Cinexa----- Elder

If you present a reasonable argument and not a rage-rant you can find the doorway in this so-called Wall and start a conversation...insults and throwing old cabbage at the Wall doesn't get you anything =)

It's 2 coins ...it's not game-breaking in any respect.
  13. Repthor Augur

Theres no rage here. No cabbage just simply my observation from past ecounters.
  14. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I was commenting on this thread literally minutes before I had to go out the door, so I did not do any research since I didn't have time, and I frankly don't remember every bit of the thousands of things I do for an exapsnion :)
    I do now see that yes there are back-flags already. And yes, "only" 2. At this time, we want the back-flags at this low rate.

And no. I'm not going to add more than the 54 "current" flags.
  15. Drakang Augur

Or if you have a lot of people that miss raids over the holidays you start sometime in January. I don't give a crap about the race to #1. Six weeks is already a long enough delay before getting more than 2 new raids. I just want it to not be 8 or 9 weeks for all the other guilds that are not after a top 10 spot just after more new stuff to try.