DBG Tweets

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Mistatk, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistatk Augur

Why is there new tweets from DBG about promotions and etc. but nothing about the broken servers. What good is promotions to a game you can't play.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

Because they are different departments and people. They still have a marketing department but next to nothing for CS it seems.
  3. Mistatk Augur

I'm fine with less customer service but more servers that work. I'm also fine with less marketing, selling of a service which isn't working. Do they even know how broken it is? Just seems completely oblivious to send out promotions for something that is broken. Maybe less marketing people, more technical server people? I don't know, I don't run their business, I just give them money and hope they provide the service they are selling.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

You asked, i answered. I can't and won't explain why DBG does what they do when they do it. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me either.
  5. Espiritun Augur

The reason you see a large marketing effort and zero CS action is because EQ is a "short-term" investment for Daybroke. They have no interest in maintaining or even supporting the game past the tiny bit it takes to poop out a 7 tiny zone expansion. They are milking it for every penny and when revenue slips below the marketing budget it will be gone.

Argue the above point while keeping in mind we have heard NOTHING in weeks about server stability. Justify to me please
  6. Mistatk Augur

While their communication about what is wrong with the servers is very bad, I was optimistic when they were over hauling them last month. Its puzzleing they have fixed many issues that have been broken for years and years, and made some good changes. For years and years I felt that EQ money was being siphoned off and put into projects like eq2 and eqnext, but all that is before DBG's time. I'm curious if something went wrong with the overhaul last month, and would need to be completely undone and fixed correctly. Or who knows.
  7. svann Augur

Daybreak is just the new name for SOE, so yes they are in it for the life of the game. The company that recently bought them is Columbus Nova.
  8. Nickalispicalis Journeyman

This is true for everyone to see. You have to willfully blind not to see it. I don't even call Daybreak a gaming company. They are not. They have not produced a single game, and with their reputation who would purchase it ?

They will keep running the stable of games they have at present doing the absolute minimum to keep the game running and when it is no longer profitable, they will fold up their tent and fade into a bad memory. It is really unfortunate that sony opted to be bought out by DB. Almost any other company would have been better for the players.
  9. svann Augur

Again, DBG=SOE. Daybreak didnt buy anyone out. They are the same people more or less that have been working on it for 16 years, minus a few.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

Just because you have some of the same people working for the company does not mean they are the same company. (DBG=SOE) = NOT.... Columbus Nova bought SOE and renamed it DBG. Not sure how difficult that is to understand? I mean you seriously think SOE sold the company to itself?
  11. svann Augur

Thats what I said. Nick said that DBG bought EQ. They did not. CN bought SOE and renamed it DBG. They kept some people and fired some people, but for the most part the people working at DBG now were also working on EQ before the sale.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

In reality DBG is CN for the purpose of the threads so yes they basically bought SOE. The people in the public eye such as the devs might be the same for the most part but its pretty obvious the business model is drastically different from when SOE was running the show.
  13. Mistatk Augur

Might be a different business model. But if someone was siphoning money out of EQ for years, toward other failed projects like eqnext, that was sony not dbg. DBG seems to actually be doing a pretty good job of cleaning up the mess and still maintaining the game, they could have just shut it all down. If they could just get the servers stabilized, and update people about what the problem is with it.
  14. Minato Augur

*NGreth*.... that is all
  15. oldandnasty Augur

If they were smart DBG would just keep pumping out TLPs. Those servers are moneymakers. They might be able to make enough money to fix stabilization issue on all the servers. As soon as a TLP hits PoP they should offer a brand new one for the hordes to flock to.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Well, according to https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers they seem to have an "unannounced title" somewhere on the horizon, If CN just bought SOE to sell of the scraps and milk whats already "milk-able", then they wouldn't want to develop new titles...

Developing a new game is a long term investment, so i don't think CN is pulling out of the game market anytime soon.

As for EQ specifically, alot of the recent changes (like moving characters to an actual database), can be seen as an investment in the long term. Stuff like that makes EQ easier to maintain, but it also makes it easier to expand.
    Will EQ regain the focus of daybreak as a flagship title, or will they just continue to make expansion after expansion, with only new content being the focus? Only time will tell...

Back when EQ was the flagship title, many expansions came with substantial improvements(like a new 3d-engine, moddable UI, the AA-system, ingame maps or mercenaries) in addition to new content, ambitious stuff that took quite abit of effort and time to implement, lately they have just rehashed the "x-keyring-feature". They did gave us advanced loot recently though. :)
  17. Rickoshay Journeyman

Daybreak Game Company has to be profitable. Why? The parent holding company Columbus Nova (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus_Nova) would not keep it in their portfolio if it were not profitable. They would gut DBG and sell off the components if it were a money loser. Why? Columbus Nova is not even their ultimate boss. That distinction belongs to the Russian mega conglomerate Renova Group (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renova_Group), owned by Viktor Vekselberg (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Vekselberg).
    The Renova Group would mandate Columbus Nova get rid of any unprofitable components. The Renova Group is an unsanctioned conduit for world hard currency into Russia to help prop up the ailing Russian Ruble (https://www.google.com/#q=Russian Ruble), so they can't afford have any of their portfolio unprofitable.
  18. Holyfires Elder

The Renova Group rickoshay that company was sold 2 years ago to a unnamed LLC , lesson for stock holds and companies . Get said LLC to hold 40% of said stock in a corporation that's outside the U.S so DBG games stock holdings avoid U.S tax laws like California state tax .So by Renova group holdings LLC in Germany has the 40% stock DBG games can right off the profit margin and call it profit loss . So in turn DBG games can put real profits back into the game for 5 years then do a stock swap and buy it back at pennies on the dollar . Both companies make profits and share in the tax waivers .Simple smart and productive . BTW all major companies do this daily might want to look into how it all works ,Do you really think apple is worth 8.4 billion in cash assets or is just net worth by holdings LLC you decide ....
    Rickoshay likes this.
  19. RadarX Augur

As this is not Support related I need to close it up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.