Essence of the Dragon AA

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Disgruntal, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Disgruntal New Member

Essence of the Dragon AA: This passive ability grants you immunity to Gust of Atrebe and Aura of the Kar'Zok.

That is all well & good, however it does absolutely nothing for static pets. I can see the desire to let it hit mercs, since the group use of this ability is minimal at best, i.e. you learn not to touch them if you don't actually need to.

However, the static pet chain dying is quite a different story, regardless of healer (real or merc) the pet just gets destroyed over and over, which makes them almost worthless on the raid & group.

Any chance of getting the static pet only added to the beneficial part of this ability? I could care less about swarm pets, but spending time/mana on trying to keep a generally beefy pet alive seems utterly wasteful.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  2. Piemastaj Augur

Absor was informed about this in beta. Apparently that shouldn't be happening but it does lol.

Was never told about a fix, but the devs know about it...
  3. Absor Developer

Both of those spells are set to only hit players. It should be impossible for them to land on pets.

I'll look into it and see if I can find anything that might explain it, but right now I'm at a loss.

A
  4. mackal Augur

Looking at eqresource's raw spell page, neither spell has their Target Restriction filled out. Unless those Target Types aren't suppose to hit pets, it looks like the restriction is missing?
  5. Absor Developer

Player Only is set for both.
  6. mackal Augur

I guess I'll have to update my python script since I don't think any site shows it, but is it the PCNPC_ONLY_FLAG?
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

While you're poking around, 3 out of the 6 people who I flagged with still get hit with the aura.
  8. Nniki Augur

I was still getting hit by the aura with the AA as well.
  9. Absor Developer

Dzarn found the issue with it landing on players it should not. The AA was/is broken for warriors, monks, rogues, and bards because EQ. I'm still trying to figure out why Aura of the Kar'Zok is landing on pets. All logic says it should not.

A
    Axxius, Slippry, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  10. Kilean-MT New Member

I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but the aura is also landing on healer mercs.
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

million x like. one wasnt enough :)
  12. CaptainSkeet Augur

"... because EQ."

It is becoming sentient in its old age.
  13. Tevik Augur

Well that's new. I'm used to seeing "If bard, do weird stuff," but I'm not used to seeing pure melee minus zerkers.
  14. EnchFWO Augur

One of the few times in history something good happened to Zerkers. Mark it down on the calendar!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Absor Developer

I may have fixed the issue with Aura of the Kar'Zok landing on pets. Another because EQ thing, where if you tell it to only cast on things on your hate list, it will always cast on all the things on your hate list, no matter what the restriction is. Changed it to just cast as an AoE and it seems to work.
  16. Imak Augur

To clarify, if player has Essence of the Dragon immunity, then player's pet will also be immune? Also, will player's mercenaries inherit the immunity as well? As is, Kar'Zok is a deathtouch for mercenaries, making them useless in the zone.
  17. Absor Developer

No, it just won't hit pets or mercs. I don't have an easy way to check the pet's owners for things like that. And, frankly, it's just better not to hit them at all.

A
    Spellfire, Fanra and Sancus like this.
  18. Imak Augur

Excellent. Thanks, Mr. A.
  19. Godlike1 New Member

Do you need the other essence of dragon to do raid? And are they sure that one is fixed to?