Shroud of Stealth 2/2

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wandid, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Navin Novellus Journeyman

Yes, I know that stealth is needed for Whisper Step. And agreed that Monks have more defenses than Rogues, but the argument was that not one single other class needs to be up-close to do damage. Snare will hinder a Monk as well. If Monks are so powerful where are all of the PVP monks? Why are Monks not occupying a large portion of the leaderboards while Rogues are? You're using a lot of cherry-picked details and arguing a lot of half-truths about the limitations of rogues and the abilities of many other classes. You may not have explicitly said that rogues should be top tier, but then you didn't have to. It can be inferred from your arguments to leave SOS2 as-is. The reality is Rogues were already powerful in PVP, but are now vastly overpowered in PVP with SOS2 as-is.

I’m not saying that things need to remain exactly as they were before this update, but the insanity of SOS2 needs to stop, and soon. After that there is certainly room to look at changes to various mechanics related to PVP. If you think some changes are needed to make SOS more meaningful, I can respect that. What I can’t get behind are these arguments that it needs to stay in its current state for Rogues to be playable.
  2. Wandid Journeyman

1. I think we agree on SoS2. It is broke and needs fixed not nerfed.

2. I think the master of the pet should only be able to send the pet if the master can see SoS. It does somehow seem counter-intuitive to send a pet if you can't see the SoS. So, I partially agree, mage pets should only be able to attack SoS1 if the mage can see invisible(2) such as the summoned item or the AA eye. And therefore should be able to attack someone in SoS2 if they can somehow see SoS2, not just by assisting someone who can before the rogue is broke out.

3. I personally think that the target sharing is fine. Group targeting is a huge part of EQ raids, grouping and PvP.
  3. Zekster Journeyman

SoS2 should be removed. SoS1 should be removed.

Im a cleric on ZEK. I understand PvP.
    I understand a rouge can 1 round anyone and I cannot.
    A rog can snare; i cannot
    the list is "end-list"...

I also understand this going 7 pages of flame war isnt healthy for Zek.
    I also understand tweak is greedy and doesn't want his GODMODE to end.

Just need a GM to confirm that SoS2 is going to stay
    Or they going to fix it.
    -Reminds me of when the GMs finally woke up and made instance on zek blue for raiders. Only problem was they woke up too late and lost 2 large raid guilds.
    --Will they do the same and fix this after the LAST raid guild on zek leaves??

Wudan WILL NOT continue to play on zek if this isnt fixed.
    Who will you kill then?
  4. Laxmi New Member

And still not a word from Daybreak - just talking to the wall and pissing into the wind. :(
  5. Kiriath New Member

Rogue's can get out of snare 2 or 3 times! A Rogue can easily burn a Ranger before the Ranger gets a second snare off, even without the Rogue stun! A Rogue doesn't even need 1-2 shot crits to do so, small quick hits are enough with Rogues to do this in a second, two seconds max in the worse case scenario.
  6. Zekster Journeyman

Any word from the GMs....Zeks last raid guild is ready to walk away.
    -wont even be hard to walk away from at this point. so broken

Do something before we are gone.
  7. Dramez Journeyman

This is still broken. Please fix
  8. Lottascatta Journeyman

All the concern about SOS2 completely baffles me.
    I walk around LC in SOS2 and I am constantly on someone's target.
    What the Hell are you people talking about.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Do players not realize this is Thanksgiving weekend and you probably will not see any developer comment until Monday?

Here is an idea- it is Thanksgiving. Spend some time with the people who have you birth, the people who raised you, the people you call family. Take a few days off from Everquest and be with family and loved ones. You be surprised there is a whole nother world out there besides Norrath that can be just as fun, if not more...
  10. Dramez Journeyman

This video is of an shadowknight in new Frontier Mountains finding a rogue in the middle of the zone and then clicking burns. The map is opened at 4min 5 seconds but the death happens around 5:05. There is no way for the shadow knight to have done this without hacks. Thank you,

Elite likes this.
  11. Laxmi New Member

This isn't the 1st concrete proof of lifechanging hacking. This isn't the 1st video of others in Retaliation doing the same thing. We have done our due diligence, petitioned the videos and the accompanying logs. Our only problem is Daybreak has done NOTHING about it. The people that are hacking are bullying an entire server. They are narcissitic members of a guild that have been beaten fairly by Wudan and seem to gain personal merit and self worth by hack griefing the server...The short term gratification they get from doing this and gloating about it over and over in gen chat proves they only care about themselves and the fact that they have no regard for what becomes of Zek, despite thier claim that 'they are just better players' or that Wudan as a whole 'sucks at pvp'. The hacks are happening in pvp and on their raids. This I am positive. How can 1 person 12 box a raid and pull it off with perfect efficiency? How long does it take to get a rez on a Retal raid these days? Yet they continue their destructive behavior. As Wandid said - we all didn't just start playing yesterday, they can't run their hacks over and over right in our face and somehow expect us not to see they are blatantly cheating. Most of us have played EQ since inception - we have been there and done that and what's happening on Zek is hacking. The hacks are creating a hostile imbalance of power and it's being repeated over and over. The map hacks, the warping, the grabbing sos2 targets needs to stop now. If you can't play fairly why are you here? Nobody likes a bully. I hope the hackers get banned soon. I was naive enough to have respect for some of these clowns prior to the blatant cheating that came with EoK but any respect I had is totally lost. I feel bad for members of Retal that have chosen the path of righteousness because they are being associated with d-bags who care only about their own gain. When the idiots get banned and Retal is beaten by Wudan where will these poor guys go? I bet they won't even get an apology from the people they call friends...
  12. Dramez Journeyman

[IMG]

Just a little snapshot of the pvp we've had for the last 2 hours. No way to spot rogues means they zone into chadok and rock groups with no way to stop them.

EDIT: EvolpokerZ is a rogue and EvolpokerS is a shadowknight!!
  13. Bronut Augur

all of my chars are on kill streaks vs wudan.
    not just my rog, ive died 6 times in the last year over all my chars , wudan just sucks is all.

- Ivxl
    Kierrah likes this.
  14. Bronut Augur

15. Zekster Journeyman

You have only died 6 times because you have only logged in 6 times this year.
    Wudan made you quit the server 3 times now? or is it 4?
    Stick to the blue forums please this is for active red players.

This thread is classic reason why people wont come to zek
    -Its broken ; and the GMs wont even acknowledge a problem
    --Zek chatter looks like high school wanna-be-bully-talk.
    ---ZEK IS BROKEN and gets no GM reply.
  16. Whosurdaddy Journeyman

Something is really off here Navin.
    I monitored the Zek general channel today for a long time and Rogues were dying as well.
    Anyone can cherry pick a 10 minute screen shot to make a point. Take a look at a number of hours.

I would encourage anyone inclined to challenge that statement to tune into the general channel tomorrow.
  17. Whosurdaddy Journeyman

What is wrecking Zek is the proliferation of people using illegal 3rd party software. I encourage the Dev Team to use their precious time to stop the hacking on Zek. Hacking is going to kill Zek long before class balance issues will.
  18. Whosurdaddy Journeyman

Anyone can cherry pick a screen shot. (Two hours ... lol)
    "Pegate <<< Dirt nap time"
    Try again.
  19. Bronut Augur

100% correct, forget sos2, Devs need to be on from 10:30 pm est - 4am est watching key players.
    as many as you can. start with the obvious looking ones

three years watching the same clowns manipulate the game enough is enough. flat bans for life anyone using
    Tweak likes this.
  20. Dramez Journeyman

[IMG]

19 kills for rogues. Only 3 deaths to rogues from non-rogues.
    Not sure how to cherry pick a screenshot. Rogues are winning/ruining the server all day. Above is a screenshot and below are the logs with time stamps from my afk trader in the bazaar. This is over a roughly 7 hour time span and since it was to tedious to try and label everyone on the screenshot, i labeled them below. It may seem that a single player (Pegate, Pegatex, and Ccleaner) is getting the majority of the kills. This player boxes 3+ rogues and cycles them through. He also has several shadowknights. He is believed to use 3rd party programs to help stick to targets and get his abilities fired to get these kills but that is hersay. The topic is SOS2 and how its an unfair advantage. Devs please fix.

[Sat Nov 26 17:22:02 2016] Ivxl killed Crazywizard with the help of a mercenary. Rogue kills Wizard
    [Sat Nov 26 17:22:15 2016] Ivxl killed Beastmoded with the help of a mercenary. Rogue Kills Beastloard
    [Sat Nov 26 17:44:32 2016] Falandil killed Tweak with the help of some friends and mercenaries. Warrior kills Rogue
    [Sat Nov 26 18:20:38 2016] Aldebaran killed Wandid with the help of some friends and mercenaries. Necro Kills Ranger
    [Sat Nov 26 18:23:11 2016] Aldebaran killed Evolcryo with the help of some friends and mercenaries. Necro kills Wizard
    [Sat Nov 26 18:45:33 2016] Tweak killed Evolmage in brutal combat. Rogue kills Mage
    [Sat Nov 26 18:46:16 2016] Bladerunr killed Tweak in brutal combat. Ranger kills rogue
    [Sat Nov 26 18:58:52 2016] Gildurath killed Phyzx with the help of a mercenary.
    [Sat Nov 26 19:35:22 2016] Evolved killed Tweak in brutal combat. Rogue kills rogue
    [Sat Nov 26 20:25:24 2016] Zhinn killed Rannx in brutal combat. low levels unkown
    [Sat Nov 26 20:29:47 2016] Fillatin killed Talio in brutal combat. Mage kills Rogue
    [Sat Nov 26 20:43:28 2016] Bladerunr killed Rbladez in brutal combat. Ranger kills ??
    [Sat Nov 26 20:54:01 2016] Evolved killed Pegatex with the help of some friends and mercenaries. Rogue kills rogue
    [Sat Nov 26 20:55:05 2016] Evolved killed Ccleaner with the help of some friends and mercenaries. Rogue kills rogue
    [Sat Nov 26 20:56:46 2016] Pegate killed Evolved in brutal combat. Rogue kills rogue
    [Sat Nov 26 20:56:51 2016] Pegate killed Lunkie in brutal combat. rogue kills beastlord
    [Sat Nov 26 21:12:18 2016] Pegatex killed Lunkie with the help of some friends. rogue kills beastlord
    [Sat Nov 26 21:29:06 2016] Bladerunr killed Rbladez in brutal combat. Ranger kills ??
    [Sat Nov 26 21:40:07 2016] Evolved killed Talio in brutal combat. Rogue kills Rogue
    [Sat Nov 26 21:53:28 2016] Millii killed Derral in brutal combat. ???? lowlevels
    [Sat Nov 26 22:36:20 2016] Pigsquels killed Ranndom in brutal combat. ???? low levels
    [Sat Nov 26 22:38:34 2016] Pegatex killed Odenson in brutal combat. Rogue kills Shaman
    [Sat Nov 26 22:39:24 2016] Pegatex killed Arkhaon in brutal combat. Rogue kills Shadowknight
    [Sat Nov 26 22:49:07 2016] Pegatex killed Evolpokers in brutal combat. Rogue kills shadowknight
    [Sat Nov 26 22:49:12 2016] Pegatex killed Evolchanter in brutal combat. Rogue kills enchanter
    [Sat Nov 26 22:50:57 2016] Ccleaner killed Evolpyro in brutal combat. Rogue kills wizard
    [Sat Nov 26 22:50:59 2016] Ccleaner killed Evolchanter in brutal combat.Rogue kilsl enchanter
    [Sat Nov 26 22:51:00 2016] Evolpokers killed Ccleaner with the help of some friends. Shadowknight kills rogue
    [Sat Nov 26 23:10:08 2016] Ccleaner killed Evolpyro with the help of some friends. Rogue kilsl wizard
    [Sat Nov 26 23:20:35 2016] Pegate killed Evolpyro in brutal combat. Rogue kills wizard
    [Sat Nov 26 23:24:14 2016] Pegatex killed Lunkie in brutal combat. Rogue kills beastlord
    [Sat Nov 26 23:25:09 2016] Susos killed Suzetta with the help of a mercenary. ??? low level
    [Sat Nov 26 23:27:52 2016] Susos killed Santru with the help of a mercenary. ??? low level
    [Sat Nov 26 23:29:04 2016] Susos killed Kimora with the help of a mercenary. ??? low level
    [Sat Nov 26 23:40:05 2016] Mariisol killed Noxe with the help of a mercenary. Shadowknight kills Ranger
    [Sat Nov 26 23:40:34 2016] Mariisol killed Muji with the help of a mercenary. Shadowknight kills Shamn
    [Sat Nov 26 23:57:16 2016] Djehuti killed Lunkie with the help of a mercenary Enchanter kills Beastlord
    [Sun Nov 27 00:00:06 2016] Djehuti killed Noxe with the help of a mercenary. Enchanter kills Ranger
    [Sun Nov 27 00:08:04 2016] Pegate killed Evolpyro in brutal combat. Rogue kills Wizard
    [Sun Nov 27 00:10:07 2016] Mariisol killed Zore with the help of a mercenary. Shadowknight kills ???
    [Sun Nov 27 00:43:23 2016] Djehuti killed Noxe with the help of a mercenary. Enchanter kills Ranger
    [Sun Nov 27 00:56:38 2016] Mariisol killed Falandil with the help of a mercenary. Shadowknight kills warrior
    [Sun Nov 27 00:57:57 2016] Mariisol killed Lunkie with the help of a mercenary. Shadowknight kills beastlord
    [Sun Nov 27 01:07:08 2016] Pegate killed Evolmind in brutal combat. Rogue kills enchanter
    [Sun Nov 27 01:21:34 2016] Pegatex killed Groco in brutal combat. Rogue kills Necro
    [Sun Nov 27 01:24:53 2016] Gruco killed Ccleaner with the help of some friends and mercenaries. Shadowknight kills rogue