Was the new SoSx2 ment for just Zek?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zekster, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Zekster Journeyman

When SoE was about to be bought out, they were attempting to balance PvP.
    SoS in PvP was changed.
    -This made it so you needed a druid, ranger, mage, or See-SoS item.
    We call this the "Nire" rule. a rog on the server that was bending the ear of a GM.
    -We accepted it and changed our strat.

With SoS2.
    Nothing works. A rog can be seen with nothing.
    This makes them the Mega Supreme Overloard in PvP Now.
    They can 1 round anyone AND can NO one can see them or use any items or technique to kill them or "pop" them out of SoS.
    Was this intended for zek pvp?
    -We cannot counter it. ; A rog can sit in a zone AFK and have zero worries.
  2. Ducreux Augur

Do aoes not work on zek? Legit question cause I would never play there, just the standard way of breaking SoS non-agressive NPCs on regular servers.
  3. Zekster Journeyman

You cannot hit what you cannot see.
  4. Max_DPS New Member

Another stupid move..... Everything is always handed down to the rogues. DB loves to give OP classes even more OP abilities.
  5. Navin Novellus Journeyman

Rogues have AA's which keep them hidden even when hit by AE's. I believe it's 80% chance to stay hidden.
    Sigmira likes this.
  6. fransisco Augur

plus you need to know they are there. You cannot spend your entire play session casting aoes (and hitting party mates)
  7. Bahdah Augur

How do you figure rogues are OP right now? Cause they hide better?
  8. fransisco Augur

Serious? Being able to walk up to anyone undetected and execute them and then dance away and do it again? No problem there
    GM post tracker and svann like this.
  9. Bahdah Augur

Sorry PvP is not everquest imo, so i'll take my statement back. Have fun over there though. /Dance
  10. Zekster Journeyman

EQ PvP needs to be made !
    Sigmira and GM post tracker like this.
  11. Tweak Journeyman

Rogues on both sides are constantly failing burns..this is due to the numerous defensive abilities classes are given such as leaping away, Going DA, running deflections, Mezmerize, Stuns etc. People act like rogues are just opening and rounding people every time and that's the furthest thing from the truth. Rogues are able to open and kill people who don't know what they are doing..rogues can attack people and reshroud against people who don't know what they are doing.

So let me tell you how pvp really is on Zek.

Everyone just stacks up at zonelines for mass pvp. This means that rangers, mage, shaman, druid all have rogues targets immediately upon zoning in. They act like casting a spell that last for several minutes is considered "staying on your toes". Tell me what chance does a rogue have a meaningful pvp if everyone can grab his target upon entry and immediately send pets (while out of melee range) or throw a snare on you (you cant ranged attack back)? Every night its the same thing. Rogues zone in and literally every opposing pvp player will grab his target within seconds through target sharing or clickies. Rogues aren't just competing against the rare class that sees SoS we are competing with EVERY class seeing us. This is completely unfair to rogues on Zek.

Rogues are one of the rarest mains on zek..because nobody wants to play a toon whos only chance at mass pvp is to zone in and zone out 5 seconds later. I find it funny that a ranger of all people would complain about rogues when they have had an EXTREME upper hand against rogues. Its hilarious to me that a ranger would complain about unfairness facing a rogue....You put a rogue and a ranger in a zone (before the shroud change) and 9-10 times the rogue is going to die...this is strictly due to being able to see SoS where you can just land a snare and range attack with absolute impunity with no way of the rogue being able to effectively attack back or defend himself. The same goes with almost any ranged class that can snare, mez or send pets. The ONLY time a rogue has a fair shake is when he A. ambushes unsuspecting people or B. you are stuck in a small room with them.
  12. Zekster Journeyman

Let me tell you how PvP is now that rog sos is broken

40 players in a zone.
    a rog zones in
    40 players zone out.

a rog 1v1 against ANY class, a rog will win.\
    no counters
    no chance to see them
    no chance to defend
    GM post tracker likes this.
  13. Kiriath New Member

SoS2 is way overboard... Rogues now have the ability to 1-2 shot you + Stun + SoS2. Even a lot of small hits happen quickly enough to kill you while you're still stunned. Rogues can easily kill you before their stun wears off. Now they have SoS2??? Sorry but I'm not going to sit in any zone with a Rogue, you're literally a FREE kill.
    GM post tracker likes this.
  14. GM post tracker New Member

SoS2 is GOD mode and would be illegal in some games. Who was the genius that created this? I would like to buy you a beer.
  15. Wandid Journeyman

good stuff.
  16. BeastLIZORD New Member

Ive been on talon zek during early 2000. I understand Zek is a pvp server. That's why I'm on it, but SoS2 seems to be an offset ability. Even a disc click isn't as fast as a "ROGUE" burn. STEALTH BURN a toon and a couple others and then insta gate. Some classes were able to detect a Rogue but now they run around completely silent in less they run into a trap. Even though this is a pvp server we still are RAIDERS like everyone else. 500 Rogues on a server is where it will be heading. I'm not say may every class OP but there needs to be a limit. Even my own guild members running around with SoS2 I don't agree with though I cant blame them. In my opinion it needs to be fixed in some manner.
    Thanks
  17. Sigmira New Member

Daybreak, why are you trying to kill Zek server? It is not even fun to TRY and PVP anymore.... Please fix!
    Wandid likes this.
  18. Dermel New Member

As a fellow Zek resident, I figured I would voice my opinion too. Rogues being broken makes the server that much more undesirable. It used to be where you constantly checked the zone, and maybe or maybe not gated, depending on who/what class.

Now, your box army is destroyed by a rogue while you're camping something in an open zone. Not from his skill. But because he has SOS2, and can take his sweet time walking up and waiting for a mob pull. Because that takes mad skill.

And, since I don't like to identify a problem without proposing a solution:
    a) Give See Invis(1) items the ability to see SOS2 as well.
    b) make every 105 rogue into a Vah Shir. This isn't really a fix, but at least they'll have to play a cat. (who would PLAY this race?) and yes, there's a double entendre there.
    c) Open up transfers off the server.

Please do something about this. There's very limited enjoyment on this server as it is. The introduction of something else that promotes the d-baggery of a select few makes me spending $75 a month on subscriptions very hard to accept.
  19. Wandid Journeyman

Rogues have resistance to most AoE. The ranger physical damage directional AoE seems to work. However, you can't aim at something you can't see. I have run around the zone firing off the spell with little to no luck.
    Thanks for the input and keep the ideas coming guys. If there is an answer we can get it!
  20. Wandid Journeyman

Have you ever considered coming back to Zek?
    Zek is a ton of fun even with this particular broken mechanic. We are raiding new content now and enjoying the challenge.
    Look me up if you do decide to come to Zek.