Shroud of Stealth 2/2

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Wandid, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Kiriath New Member

Rogues were a top PVP class without SoS2.

Some things Rogues can do without SoS2:
    1. Only be seen by a few classes (which often makes one vulnerable) or a rare clicky with a cooldown
    2. Stun
    3. 1-2 Shot Backstabs
    4. Kill you before stuns wear off even WITHOUT big hits
    5. And how many times can Rogues get out of snare? Three!?

Was stun and huge amounts of dps/1-2 shotting not enough to go with the normal SoS?

Also, SK's shouldn't be 1 shotting people fully buffed/runed. There needs to be some sort of short cooldown on the big SK burns like there is on Ranger Ant Shot, or an ability such as Kick. Not sure why it's okay for all 4 to go off at once for a literal "I Win" button.
  2. Wandid Journeyman

LMFAO!!!!!!!
    Really? So when an unnamed Enchanter (I don't believe in calling folks out in a forum like this as they may not be reading it to defend themselves) zones into a zone and within seconds gets a rogue SoS2 while said Enchanter still has zone DA on is using an AoE damage spell? LMFAO...........ohh, I hurt, my guts hurt from laughing so hard.

You really should just stick to telling everyone I am dumb or unprepared and have not figured it out yet because your explanation of events makes you look real bad bro, real bad.
  3. Laxmi New Member

Does it make sense to anybody besides Tweak and Shaddowed (both rogues) that a rogue can literally sos in a zone full of toons and dominate it by themselves? As of now a rog can just afk in a zone and go to make dinner, popping in here and there rounding anybody who dare enter. Daybreak has broken pvp with the addition of sos2 and server trolls such as Tweak and Shaddowed are just exploiting it by griefing entire groups over and over. I find it funny that most in that guild will claim that they are in support of the health of Zek but continually exploit broken mechanics until people give up or log.

If there really isn't a counter for sos2 Zek will certainly cease to exist. There are several mentions in this thread of practical ways to counter sos2. There are also several mentions that rogues are back to what they used to be and are 'working as intended' - but with all fairness back in the day rogues couldn't poke a toon to their death in less than 1 second. Are people really ignorant enough to think that any toon that is completely invisible, and powerful enough to kill a fully buffed and raid geared opponent in less than a second is 'working as intended'? Not to mention the fact they can just re sos and do it over and over again? How could this make any sense at all?

Can we please get a response from Daybreak on this? What was the intent of sos2? Does it play a role on any server other than Zek? Is there a counter measure besides running around huge zones casting aoe's and hoping your within death's proximity - AND that you have a guild/group member fast enough and close enough to grab their tar within the 1 second it takes for them to round you and re-sos?

There are many PvP mechanics that could be looked at and in reality there needs to be some improving and balancing across the board. As of now the discrepancy in balance between classes just keeps getting larger and more biased. I play a fully raid geared wizard for example, and in terms of pvp I might as well zone in with an out of the box heroic toon and try to compete with the likes of one shot sk's, warriors, zerkers, rangers, and especially now rogues who all have far less the gear equivalent. Not to alter the intent of this thread but has anybody besides the three or four wizards on Zek been privy to that fact we are worthless in pvp? Has Daybreak looked at the effectiveness of wizard nukes in pvp in the last 7 years or so or are they also also 'working as intended'? I use the wizard as one example of inequality as I play one and relate best to the discrimination that this class faces. There are many others. Daybreak may not somehow realize that there are real issues on Zek. Perhaps I'm the ignorant one by believing my voice will be heard at some point and the devs will take a real look at this?
    Wandid likes this.
  4. Kiriath New Member

Concerning Rogues commenting it's "how it should be".

Pretty sure a "Ranger" SHOULD be able to track and find ANY class.

Rogues needed a damage nerf before EoK. They didn't get one, what they got was SoS2! They may as well get a /warp on target AA, actually that may not even be as good as SoS2...
  5. blahblah Journeyman

1 time use, but this is easily purchased:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=72158
  6. Dramez Journeyman

That does not work anymore. See invisible (1) sees invisible. See invisible (2) sees SoS1.There is no See Invisible (3) yet, nothing sees SoS2.

Regarding Lore. Nothing stops spell casting classes from discovering magic to see SoS2. The lore argument is moot.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

The spells existed and were working on beta for an older expansion. Was it The Serpent's Spine? Whatever expansion it was, the entire "next tier of invisibility" system existed but was not rolled out with the expansion. It seems it has come back... but not entirely, which makes this issue what it is.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

They don't want buffs. Or they'd be visible.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

First tell I get for buffs at AFK check is from a Rogue. Always!
  10. Dermel New Member

As a fellow Zek resident, I figured I would voice my opinion too. Rogues being broken makes the server that much more undesirable. It used to be where you constantly checked the zone, and maybe or maybe not gated, depending on who/what class.

Now, your box army is destroyed by a rogue while you're camping something in an open zone. Not from his skill. But because he has SOS2, and can take his sweet time walking up and waiting for a mob pull. Because that takes mad skill.

And, since I don't like to identify a problem without proposing a solution:
    a) Give See Invis(1) items the ability to see SOS2 as well.
    b) make every 105 rogue into a Vah Shir. This isn't really a fix, but at least they'll have to play a cat. (who would PLAY this race?)
    c) Open up transfers off the server.

Please do something about this. There's very limited enjoyment on this server as it is. The introduction of something else that promotes the d-baggery of a select few makes me spending $75 a month on subscriptions very hard to accept.
  11. Blankslate Elder

Rogues can finally do again what they are meant to do. Be stealthy. I played a rogue on Zek a while back and gave up. Upon zoning into a zone I either had ranger snare with arrows pummeling me or mage pets beating me silly. With this change I may come back and buy the expansion since it allows a rogue to do what a rogue does. We all know there are still aoe's and traps and other techniques that can be employed.
  12. Wandid Journeyman

So, you don't think that there should be any way by any class to see a rogue in SoS2?
    I agree that there were to many ways that SoS1 could be seen, with Rangers, Shaman and Mage's being able to see them easily; however, having a skill that can not be countered seems a bit overpowered to me.

Yes!!!! Do come back to Zek! The more players the more fun. See you in game.
  13. Blankslate Elder

Thank you for the warm welcome.
    I mentioned aoe's and traps. Probably some others but i'm not current on the going's on. I do, however, appreciate your reasonable voice on this issue. Looks like I'm going to have to buy an expansion or two.
  14. Wandid Journeyman

Buying the one new expansion gets you all of the previous expansions! So, you only need to buy one.
    Now is a great time to come to Zek, lots of grouping and exp due to running the new progression.
  15. Dramez Journeyman

I died several times so far. Did I really pay $35 *3 + $14.99*3 = $149.97 to get ignored? Please fix rogue SoS(2) because there is no counter.
  16. Wandid Journeyman

I wish there was some way to know if the developers are even aware of this situation.
  17. Zunnoab Augur

My bard is one and my cleric would be too if they could be. My poor neglected shaman just doesn't have the heal output I want. :p
  18. Dramez Journeyman

[IMG]

Current leader boards. Rogues have been on the boards for a long time and now they are OP even more. Please fix!
  19. Deathwalker Elite New Member

Its official, they've killed the server on purpose!

This perma no view rog with no possible counter is dumb.

I play a rog, but pvp isn't even fun anymore. I don't even enjoy the feel of the kill anymore.
    Basically, the people that play right have no chance.
    The others (noted above) that have other means of seeing rogs aren't even fun to play against.

May be that time to look for a new RPG game to play (unless.... daybreak fixes it?)
    Wandid likes this.
  20. Zamiam Augur

how they get that many kills ? they kill the same few peeps over and over lol didnt think zek had that many people on it