Bard: Melody 7 songs without drops possible?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by IblisTheMage, Nov 5, 2016.

1. IblisTheMage Augur

2. Brohg Augur

Did you do your test with the AA "Tune Stuck in your Head" active?

Tune Stuck in Your Head--0sTarget: Self
    Duration: 5m (50 ticks)
    1: Increase Duration by 6s
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

Not really if you want to be efficient i would keep it to 4 in a 7 songs melody, 5 would be the closest with 1 songs going off timer every 2-3 cycle by a few second and that would be aria which is your best song or 6 if you play Amplification to increase your singing songs every minute.

add another song once EoK goes live with the new AA and you will be close of 7 at all time without playing Dicho and Crescendo which will eventually interupt your melody been out of endurance.

TBH I dont play Amplification nor do i know many bards playing it and what are the exact restriction for it. It doesnt really work on all your singing songs.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. karmalious Lorekeeper

Somewhere in these forums, buried deeply in the archives, I explain out the calculations and why I believe it is better to max out your melody so that a song drop for a moment rather than have -1, but permanent.

When you think about how little that little last little drop is, unless its something extremely important ( like an AOE snare or attackSlow or something like that where you absolutely cannot have it NOT on the mob ). Otherwise you could say that 96% of the time, all 7 of your songs land all the time. Or whatever your current abilities allow you.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Some of the info in that post is out of date now.

In the melody I put there, you are actually only playing 5 songs, and every 3 rounds you play song 7 once.
    Now you can play 6 songs without dropping anything, in a plain melody like /melody 1 2 3 4 5 6. I made another post about melodies here, which is useful for level 105.

When you use the AA A Tune Stuck In Your Head you get +6s to every song - so you can *technically* play 8 songs, but I don't like to do it as each song drops for a second or two, most likely due to server latency. In this case you could play 7 songs in a melody.

The new expansion adds an AA called Metronome which reduces song cast time by 5% (in other words, 3 seconds to 2.85 seconds). This lets us play 7 songs in a melody without A Tune. Right now I don't play 7 songs because I prefer to use my song slots for more utility (single/ae mez, slow, dichotomic, crescendo, nuke).

Amplification doesn't do anything at this level in EQ.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. mackal Augur

Plus it's pretty easy to get a Harmonize clicky.
  7. Brohg Augur

also doesn't do anything.
  8. mackal Augur

Well, if they want the placebo of having amp, harmonize is much better placebo than a wasted song spot :p
  9. Sheetz New Member

Selo's Kick is modified by singing skill. So throat kicks. If you cast Amplification, you're kicks will double for that duration.Test it for yourself. I had a Selos Kick of over 300k the other day at full burn.

Only time it's really useful is when you are about to burn and can cast amplification with any clickies before restarting your melody.

So it isn't useless. I use Amplification right before I use Frenzied Kicks.
    Overtime likes this.
  10. flash000 Augur

Sheetz wth man first rule of Amp club you dont talk about Amp club oh well now that its out.... might as well tell em the rest..... if you also use the melee attack buff focus instruments its like a chocolate and peanut butter combo on the amp... amp+harmony + 30+melee instrument mod.....

:eek: if they nerf it im comming for u man...:confused:
    :mad:
    Ryetune "The wrong way bard"

How the hell did we get to burt woods through Greater Faydark..... we followed Rye....

the proc rate of this super crit is like .00000000001%
  11. Brohg Augur

I guess there are plenty of raids that don't need mez/aemez/charm memmed, so there's a slot down there somewhere for Amplification?

Good crits also depend on Thousand Blades & Funeral Dirge obv.

Quick test showed no change for equipping Instrumental Combat focus. Same crits.
  12. Sheetz New Member

Errrrrr.... nothing to see here! Carry along. o_O
  13. flash000 Augur

Just retested base kicks damage with no amp with focus instrument and without something change in a recent patch the base kick with just the instrument mod used to increased the base damage 30%. It appears that they did something that the instrument mod no longer does this. I have been gone recently for a few (6) months so sorry for stale info...

also if someone wants to test it war march or Jonothas warsong both effect the base and crit level of kick.... not sure whats better for the increase overall ..

if anyone wants to crunch numbers have at it....
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

Hmm can't find the new EoK AA that extends song duration, that would allow bards to have 7 songs...
  15. Brohg Augur

Extended Ingenuity
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur