A TLP Related Topic

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Raytheon, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Raytheon Augur

DBG Devs, for the newer TLPs you have already consented to allowing some basic quality-of life functionality from later expansions to unlock on TLPs prior to the TLP reaching the era in which it was enabled originally on Live. Examples of this on the TLPs include allowing offline trader mode and /buyer mode in the Bazaar, weapon augmentations, Origin AA, /melody for bards and many other things.

Enabling some of the following additional quality-of-life functions on the TLPs early would do nothing to increase TLP player power or TLP effectiveness in any way that would be any sort of detraction from the TLP experience or give any TLP players any sort of TLP advantage over one another. Enabling these on TLPs early would simply make it less of a pain-in-the- for TLPs to play the game on TLP servers, which is the reason they were added to the game in the first place.

Quality of life functionality that Live servers currently enjoy that TLP servers do not, but should be enabled on TLP servers :
    1. Block buffs. - This wouldn''t change buffs for TLP players or make them any more powerful on TLP servers or anything. It would just allow TLP players to keep their preferred buffs from being overwritten by rampent MGBs of various non-stacking buffs on TLP servers. It is obvious functionality that would have been added when MGBs were first introduced in Luclin on the Live timeline if it had been thought about.
    2. Bandolier - This wouldn't change anyone's weapon power on TLP servers. It would not allow TLP players to do anything they can't already do on a TLP already (swapping weapons), it would simply let TLP players do it more easily without all the extra clicking and window shuffling.
    3. Right-click items from bags - This would not change TLP player power on TLP servers at all. It's strictly a convenience feature that should be allowed on TLP servers.
    4. Remotely buy/sell from the Bazaar - As stated above in this same TLP post, you have already approved several Bazaar-related quality-of-life functions to be advanced in time on the TLP servers. This is just one more of those, and there is no reason why it should remain restricted from TLP players on TLP servers when /buyer and offline trader are not.
    These quality-of-life features were included in the expansions in which they were first enabled on Live servers because they were 1) good ideas, and 2) they served as enticements for people to buy the next expansion to get them. The second item does not apply to TLPs, as that benefit has already been realized by DBG and it is no longer relevant as TLP players do not buy expansion-by-expansion anymore.

No one is playing TLP's for the glorious experience of having to swap bags for clickys 100 times a day to keep a clicky buff up, or to experience the sheer joy having to spend an hour running from trader to trader in the bazaar to physically open their individual window to buy items from them. They are playing TLPs to re-experience the content of the game. You made some great quality-of-life improvements over the years. Stop being stingy and let the TLPs have them.

Please note that none of the above suggestions are related to doing anything different on Live servers, as is obvious to anyone who actually plays the game, Live servers already have all of this functionality. These suggestions ONLY apply to TLP servers. Please don't lock this thread for not being TLP related. It is, in fact, a TLP exclusive topic.
  2. Nuggziee New Member

I still don't see how this is related to TLP...

J/K. I thought them closing the last thread like this was pretty lame considering it was fully about these items for TLP servers. Good luck with this one, I also would like 1-3.
  3. Ducreux Augur

I like this.
  4. Jaime Lannister Augur

Haha. I am amused.
  5. Gremin Augur

6. Adonhiram Augur

Oh yes, please :) I think this is the biggest life changer ever, second in ranking after the annihilation of the spell book view during meditating !
  7. Your_Ad_Here Augur

I don't see how this isn't a TLP related topic ... so weird the last one got closed.

I definitely would like to see, at least, the bandolier and potion bag to start.
  8. Progress Augur

I was going to send a private message to RadarX to explain how the last post was EXACTLY a TLP issue....but decided it was a waste of time.
  9. Zanador Elder

Inb4 the RadarX lock.

+1 to all but especially to clicky from bags! Please! Last I counted I had about 21 clickies. It is so painful :(
  10. AlmarsGuides Augur

This.

I really don't understand why it isn't in, they will make more money by doing this because you can buy the tickets from the Marketplace instead of having to pay the delivery cost. There's tons of lazy people who will buy tickets for real money
  11. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I agree with all of the above. These are quality of life changes that would go a far way in making the population of the TLP severs happy.
  12. Juion New Member

I really would like things like wood elf beastlords, which weren't really tied to an expansion, to be unlocked.

Is there any possibility of that?
  13. Lifetap Augur

Yawgmoth. likes this.
  14. AlmarsGuides Augur

VERY unlikely considering they've even disabled some race/classes on the TLPs because of "broken class quests" for them

Stuff like halfling rangers, paladins - gnome SKs etc. If we can't even get those basic class/race combos we've had for the last decade I doubt we're gonna get the cooler ones =(
  15. taliefer Augur

wood elf beastlords dont have the option to start in any current starting city, they all start in crescent reach. the earliest you could see them is TSS. but i wouldnt count on it even then.

The short race/class combos, who can start in classic city zones and have full access to trainers and spells were still moved to luclin for some reason, and the reason given? they didnt have access to starting city trainers and spells. yet another example of the devs being out of touch with their game.
  16. Juion New Member

Ah, fair. I didn't realize that, but it makes sense.
  17. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion