(Housing) Places of mine waiting for trick-or-treaters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vlad Diszno, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Vlad Diszno Augur

For those interested, I have some properties finished, to the point I will display them, that might be fun for any trick-or-treaters out there.

All are on Drinal, Colonial Island.

Overall note: All are designed to be viewed seeing all particles and effects. Those clouds and stuff are important, no matter what anyone tells ya.

Storming Frankengnome's Castle
    101 Market Heights
    owner: Frankengnome
    Unfortunately, large races cannot get to every room inside as the architect was a wee person. So shrink em if you can.
    If I have any player characters up and standing/spinning around, please inspect them. Their descriptions may help move further and hopefully add to the overall experience.
    In case no characters are up to assist you, the entry to the castle is the exposed part of the bixie hive inside the well.
    Once you get in, you'll have to find which wall is climbable.(I've disabled the trampoline so that pets inside cannot be tampered with. Those rascals can be so hard to track down.)
    You will need to use the command /leaverealestate to exit the house.

The Lair
    101 Market Street
    owner: Vaddiszno
    There are some skellie arms that are around to help guide/point you to the entrance of the house.

Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun
    102 Market Heights
    owner: Levente
    No interior atm

The Funeral Chapel
    102 Park Circle
    owner: Levente
    Use exposed part of bixie hive in doorway to enter.
    You will need to wriggle a bit to get through the waterfall curtain before the main room. Just primarily face the room when wriggling. Works for an assortment of characters I have tried, so hopefully it won't hold anyone back.
    Use /leaverealestate to exit.

graveyard adjoining the above chapel
    101 Park Circle
    owner: Ravasz

Dead Man's Party
    103 Park Circle
    owner: Halloween
    Inspect the Doorman, if he is up.

That's all I got that one might argue is more or less Halloween themed. Actually, tis almost all I have that is in a state of completion.
    Happy Trick-or-Treating!

And for those that are already into the next big holiday:

Who Saves Santugg?!
    (think I'll stick w/ this new name)
    108 Park Circle
    owner: Meisterburger

Entry via the exposed part of bixie hive in doorway.
    Use /leaverealestate to exit.

I hope you enjoy your visits
    Diocletian and Egat like this.
  2. Vlad Diszno Augur

Too late to edit

Just wanted to say that turning NPC and Pet names off is preferable on all these properties
  3. Shash Journeyman

I remember visiting the Funeral Chapel and the Graveyard a couple years ago during an EQresource contest, it was worth the visit...awesome job. I'll have to make time to visit the others, I'm sure they will be impressive as well.
  4. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

Awesome work Vlad! I'm always happy to tour your creations.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Beechwoodgrey Augur

Thanks for giving me a head's up in game Vlad, I'll be chking them out :)
  6. Beechwoodgrey Augur

I revisited the older builds and loved the newer one with the Frankenstein concept, great job!
    Egat likes this.
  7. Calistoga New Member

I think I'll come give these a look tonight :)
  8. Calistoga New Member

I can't enter through the well in back of Frankengnome's house. "You cannot do that because you do not have interact item access."
  9. Vlad Diszno Augur

Calistoga,
    I am so sorry you weren't able to enter. So you never even got into the bixie hive?
    I didn't know interacting with item permissions had anything to do w/ entering. Though Beechwoodgrey got in earlier today. I just tested w/ an alt that doesn't have any special permissions and I got in. Looking now at the permissions window, the 'enter' and 'interact w/ items' is separate. I cannot understand why you weren't able to get in, seems like everyone ought to be able to enter by the settings.

Or did I misunderstand and you did zone in but could not interact w/ the trampoline to get up to the doorway? If this is the case, using the trampoline is not necessary. One can climb up the wall behind you when you zone in.
    I hope this is the case because if you could not even zone into the bixie hive, then I am at a loss as to why.
  10. Calistoga New Member

The gnome at the well "said" to click the ground inside the well to enter the house. I clicked the ground (and everything else) inside the well and got that interact permission error message. That's as far as I got.

At least until I went back later in the day and tried again. The trick is to RIGHT CLICK the ground inside the well and select Enter on the options window that pops up. I only saw the bixie stuff through the walls with shorty vision. I didn't understand how any of that fit in with the theme of the rest of the house. I figured it was an unfavorable interior texture or remnant of another prop like the walls and you were merely trying to hide it so as to preserve the castle theme.

The D&D game was cute.
  11. Vlad Diszno Augur

I'm glad you got in, Calistoga. I changed the text on the gnome outside the well to avoid any future confusion.
    You figured out what they were doing down there! Excellent! I wasn't sure how many would make the connection. I did my best to make part of the dungeon for the miniatures resemble what is on the cover of the AD&D players handbook.

I was hoping to post a screenshot, but I'm having issues getting into photobucket. Perhaps having like 10 games of EQ open on this comp isn't helping.

Thanks for visiting! And that goes for anyone else that has visited.
  12. Vlad Diszno Augur

bump...

The Lair has moved to 104 Park Circle, owner now Piroska, but all other properties are the same.

I did finish another exterior in the Park Circle area- The Cavern Cinema at 105 Park Circle. Not sure when I'll get around to make its interior. I can't post a pic as I haven't moved on from Photobucket yet.

Still no interior for Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun.

No alts standing around to inspect atm at some of the3 properties. Hopefully on Halloween I'll be able to get them out.

I'm still plugging away at this stuff, though at an immensely slower pace.
    Rorce and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Diocletian New Member

Very cool looking houses. I especially loved the Gnome army with the torches and pitchforks!

I wish more players would explore this part of the game. It's hella fun checking out how creative people can be with ordinary items.
  14. Vlad Diszno Augur

Thanks for visiting! I greatly enjoyed making these, but it is definitely fun visiting other's creations. There have been so many wondrous designs over the years. I, too, would love to see more such creations to visit.

But I think the number of people decorating is in decline. Outside of the times that EQResource holds a contest, I don't see any posts of new projects. Not that I've been too productive myself, with only one exterior to show in a years time. Priorities change and it is probably no different for others. And new decorating blood is hard to come by.

Unfortunately, these last couple years haven't been great for decorators- a drought on releasing playermade housing marketplace items, the vaulting of many items that used to be available in marketplace, and the disappearing houses& halls in neighborhoods that went on for some time. Oh, and the elimination of our own forum section that we and tradeskillers shared. None of which did any good for the decorating population.
    Decorators aren't given much love anymore. Not sure if they didn't know how to or just didn't care to cultivate this aspect of the game.
    Tis disappointing to see back to back expansions without a new house at all. Perhaps the decorator population is too insignificant to even throw it a bone now and then.

Nevertheless, I enjoy it all just enough to occasionally log in and keep working to getting some of my ideas done. At my rate, it could keep me around for a long time.

Hope there are others still out there.
  15. Tsolaes Elder

Excellent plots, Vlad! Amazingly creative!
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The housing issues (and not-restored neighborhood guilds halls since JUN) aren't really helping there.
    I have seen many great decorated plot/house interior before the issues, but hardly any one since.
    (including the ones that once were there - all are gone now, and nothing new is coming up understandably)