Servers going down and no reason why or how long

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Squishewe, Oct 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnomm New Member

Im irritated not going to lie not because they are fixing things but because it effects my play time which is unfortunate.
  2. Hytest3 New Member

From what i've been reading all servers were effected not just certain ones.
  3. Bummak Journeyman

The age of the game is part of the reason it often takes more than one shot to get a software fix. You need to realize that the game is a collection of code, that has patches for everything they ever rolled out, and some of that stuff is so old, it doesn't work well with the new fixes. The only sure way. is to tear it all down and start over. That takes too much time and money, and wouldn't guarantee even then that it would work.
    Feirrin likes this.
  4. Candleslight New Member

well it says on main page its from one server.. thats why the servers are down. i think most are just assuming its going down due to the guilds but the warning simply states ... Status: 10/26/2016 13:55 PDT - We are currently investigating an issue with logging into Antonius Bayle... idk tho.. could be wrong...
  5. Squishewe Journeyman

i look at it like you rent a private garage, most days it works without issue. then somedays you just can't get to your car no information on whats wrong with the door or how long it is going to be that way oh by the way we are still charging you for the use of this garage.
    Candleslight likes this.
  6. Lynnia Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...er-service-from-db.236014/page-5#post-3476454

It's definitely multiple servers having many many guilds and guild neighborhoods wiped out.
  7. Squishewe Journeyman

that is what the test server is supposed to be used for
    Candleslight likes this.
  8. Candleslight New Member

i am aware of it, my dad used to do programmings and everything.. but not testing a patch before you permanently place it.. is what is confusing me, also each server has a different route with the same basic information.. you can focus on a server individually or you can include all of them.. if it is only a random server or two.. they should be able to fix and repair those individual servers without shutting EVERYTHING down... but regardless.. its down.. i was just putting my opinion out there. that is all. not making a big deal or huffing and puffing about it.simple statements
  9. Squishewe Journeyman

10. Bummak Journeyman

Not everything can be tested in it's own little world. This game has people playing from all over the world, with many different computer configurations, software requirements, hardware requirements, it would be impossible to test for everything on one server.
  11. Candleslight New Member

does that mean we wont be able to play for a week?
  12. Squishewe Journeyman

the test server has a lot of players on it. some people use it for the /betabuff command(free heroic char basically) to test what they might want to play elsewhere.
  13. xxGriff Augur

Give me a break with the “they work hard...” Great!, woohoo, but remember...it is their JOB. You are supposed to work hard for your paycheck! The fact is the servers/game have become increasingly troublesome. From log-in to lag, Char deletion and now Guild deletion, and that is just this month. There is never info other than the open ended and generic. As for the other “17 year old code...” puh-leeze. This was an acquisition that was not an impulse purchase, and there was ample time to make certain there would not be any deficit in support, and it is not as if the database and “code” has changed wildly since 1999... SQL... is... well SQL. This month has been a nightmare. Admit it and fix it and please stop with the 3rd party excuses and belittling of people who have a right to be frustrated, angry and feeling taken advantage of. It is most frustrating as the very reason for today's “patch” was to address guild issues, and here we are... legit.
    Candleslight likes this.
  14. R3cipr0city New Member

They test everything. They have an entire server devoted to testing patches and beta content. You have to look at it this way, this game isn't really just any old mmorpg, it's one of the oldest, hugest, and most expansive mmorpgs ever. Every online video gaming company has down time. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I'm just impressed they're still going after all this time, and that they're determined to keep going and keep introducing new content, and address issues as quickly as possible. It's inconvenient, sure, but these things have to be fixed, and no matter when they get fixed it's gonna make someone unhappy.

I'm sure all the people in guilds that'd gone missing, or had things go poof are happy to see that these issues are being worked on after a few days of wondering when it'd be dealt with.
    Feirrin likes this.
  15. Bummak Journeyman

First off, I'm not making excuses for them. I'm not saying they shouldn't work hard, or that this isn't their job, or problem. And I'm as aggravated as anyone.As for my statement about the age of the code, that has nothing to do with it either. I was simply stating that when you keep adding snippets of code to an already existing program, to change function, speed, or utility of the code, without re-writing everything from scratch so that it works as it should, that eventually, you end up with a collection of snippets that's larger than your code, and nothing works as you plan.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Yimin Augur

I am happy they are fixing the issues for the guilds , servers will come back like they always do , when is any ones guess .... :D

YiMin
  17. JeffJr New Member

Think they should fix all the bugs in game instead of concentrating on new content which messes up the game even more each time. Ah well 6 hour downtime turned into a day. We should be use to this by now.
  18. R3cipr0city New Member

I cannot say for sure, but there is an unconfirmed rumor that the downtime is estimated to be about 3 hours.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Good public relations practice here would seem to dictate some kind of compensatory activity.

In short, you are trying sell expansions. Make nice with your customers. Kind of a Business 101 idea. Doesn't even have to involve any cash.
    Emiru likes this.
  20. jeskola pheerie

I DEMAND FREE STUFF!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.