** Live Players - Please Read ** We need more players on test this week!

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Xikteny Augur

I know you asked for people to report problems, but I just wanted to report that, as someone who used to crash a lot, these changes seem to have helped enormously.

On Live I have to run old models and low memory usage in order to not crash several times per night. On test, I was able to zone many times without crashing, even with all new models and high memory usage settings.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  2. cilenne Augur

I agree - this change has cured all my all-too-frequent crashes, with no side effects seen. Well done!
    p.s. several others in my guild have commented the same.
  3. Eniner Augur

I have a gtx 750 ti in this machine and it is getting a lot of display driver fails. I can play all other games no issues but on everquest i assume its related.It is not fully crashing me but does black out the screen and restores it self. This is while running 10 or more accounts at once. on Windows 7 ult i7 7th gen msi gaming motherboard.
  4. khysanth Journeyman

- Exact error (if there is one) -- crash after patch/launcher before server select
    - Graphics Card -- NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB
    - CPU -- 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
    - OS (w/ bit type 32-bit or 64-bit) Macintosh OS X 10.11.4
    - If you crash, please also include the time that you crashed. -- Using wineskin... before the patch today everything worked fine. Now the game crashes after patching and clicking PLAY. Must have to do with some of the graphics processing settings.
  5. Vekinntiynn New Member

Khysanth, Wineskin is not supported. You are not going to have much luck with help from the devs on that issue.
  6. Mostcus Floppa

Get my EoK copy today. Can someone explain me please how i can see beta forum and play beta test version?
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

Top of these fourms has a Log in - use the log in of an acct that bought EOK. it might take a day to see it or not.
  8. Minato Augur

no error unless i try to uninstall the game to reinstall (runtime error) deleted every file and download them all again from scratch

Graphics card AMD Radeon r7 200 series
    CPU AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core processor 3.50 GHz
    64-bit operating system x64-based processor Windows 10 home

I have not had any crashing issues but in every zone with any npc/pc's at all im lagging so bad im having a hard time turn around. My resolution from the patcher is not saving once i /camp out and log back in and this issue is only on Live. Beta is running perfectly fine for me and other games that require more resources are playing with no issues what so ever. I have done my normal maintenance on my machine multiple times today scans/clean up nothing in the background to cause lag (i shouldnt be lagging at all as is) and this only started yesterday after that long patch and im pretty sure yesterdays patch wasn't even about whats been posted in this thread but im at my wits ends trying to figure out whats going on with live only seeing as beta and everything else is fine and the files are new and have ran the file checker multiple times even switching to test and back to live to double check i wasnt missing any files and nothing is helping this issue.

The way it stands right now i cant even solo on live zone times are doing ok still the games just far too choppy/laggy if any player model is remotely near me
  9. FOGBANK Lorekeeper

I pre-ordered, how do I get the link for beta?
  10. Mostcus Floppa

Click.
  11. Minato Augur

I give up this is absolutely not on my end after doing literally everything i can on my end to fix this extremely choppy lag on live only. my final straw was a full factory reset and the lags back.... been working with you guys through petitions and everything im told to try i tried multiple times. I think its time to admit this is nothing on my end my only wish is to know when these graphic issues will be resolved through a patch seeing as i consumed a krono yesterday and cant play i would really hate to find out this wont be patched until EoK goes live
  12. Minato Augur

Scratch everything i said... seems having shaders disabled was enough to turn my gaming PC into a 90's office computer.... Thank you again JChan for helping me see the error in my noob computer skills =P!!!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

This thread has nothing do with beta or any of the other random tangents that it went into on the latter part of this page but glad you got your issues resolved Minato.