MotOW is inappropriate for the velious/luclin era

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Ryak Augur

I want to be clear that this is not a personal attack, but this post makes you sound very uninformed about this issue. MOTM and MotOW are two distinct effects and I am not advocating for any changes to MOTM in this post.

Most of these points seem to boil down to me to "I don't play a pet class so i don't see the problem", which is probably true but not particularly helpful to the conversation.

Try to imagine what it would be like in a parallel world with "paladin swarm teams" downing mobs, imagine that the fix for this was an effect which reduced bash, kick and whatever other combat abilities you use by 75% damage on all mobs with MoTM (e.g 100 damage is now 25).

But they made the changes to both paladins and warriors even though paladins were the actual problem, and not only that, but they left the changes in for many expansions after the original problem they were trying to fix was no longer even relevant.

Also they didn't make the change affect ShadowKnights for some reason.
  2. Moardots Lorekeeper

/thread
  3. Adonhiram Augur

Also, there is this rumor pets were doing more damage on TLP servers than on live (the "pet power curve" understanding). This is not true, the dps of pets has not changed (their max. hit, proc and ATK values have not been changed, except for the mage fire pet because the old wizzy model got erased in SoF era).

What changed on live was pet's defense. Avoidance and mitigation were significantly boosted, making pets tank better, but again, not doing more damage.
    Darkenr likes this.
  4. Ryak Augur

I know you guys are dealing with alot of fires recently, but please don't forget to bring this up next design meeting.
  5. Ryak Augur

Has there been a design meeting in the last 2 weeks? A lot of people would really appreciate if this wasn't forgotten.

Thanks!
  6. Darkenr Elder

Yep, that's exactly the case. In fact, all other classes in nearly every aspect has received buffs to their damage and healing amount/ratios except pets. Pets remain one of the only core class damage mechanic to yet have received an increase over classic values at lower levels. Even melee got to keep their passive auto granted AA that significantly buffs their melee damage effectively making them nearly double the damage they used to be, and also kept the revamped damage to bash/kick/etc. Every class's Direct Damage and Direct Healing spells have had their damage/mana ratios revamped to either do more damage or significantly improve their mana ratios.

And on the topic of avoidance and mitigation, every player character has received and continues to benefit from their SoF AC softcap revamp and near doubling of base hps/mana they received, and skillcap increases. None of these things were reversed and nerfed back to classic values when pets were nerfed, so not only were pets among the only things not to benefit from a revamp of original classic damage values, they're also the ONLY major class mechanic to have been reversed to classic values in defensive capabilities, AND unjustly reduced their damage even though the damage is still the same as classic besides the fire pet on progression servers. As an enchanter main currently in some velious raid gear and a couple easy luclin raid boss pieces I can tank circles around any Mage pet, 57 earth pet, epic pet, doesn't matter.

I also did some extensive parsing with an epic'd 60 mage in mostly /testbuff armor (basically testbuff armor is classic and kunark group droppable gear) on the test server when DBG first put the pet defensive nerf using a goranga gatherer in ME as my controlled but real world test NPC. If you'd like to read more about the parsing and also other sources of information to prove that a /testbuff Mage can tank as well as the 57 earth pet please feel free to read my information I posted in the link below and the other responses in the thread.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ze-about-pets-and-luclin.234002/#post-3451605

And to add in one more source for AC softcaps see this thread here.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ac-vs-acv2.210028/#post-3078126

The spot where they give the actual softcaps I've quoted for convenience below.

Adonhiram likes this.
  7. Ethereal Augur

It sounds like to me we got people in a guild of 10-25 people trying to kill stuff on phini and can't because of motm. That sucks. I'd completely disagree and say even with motm, mobs are too easy.
  8. Adonhiram Augur

We are talking about MotoW, not MotM. Pets are, as everyone, affected by MotM and PotM, you probably know that.
    Darkenr likes this.
  9. Adonhiram Augur

And /wave Darkenr, thanks for the, as always, abundant and accurate info. About beastlord pets and MotoW, I'll give you mage buddies a preview of my Luclin video which should be ready in 10 days, right before release on Ragefire :cool:

Voir le Fichier : Luclin_Kitties.mp4
    Darkenr likes this.
  10. Darkenr Elder

Heya Adonhiram! :)

Based on all of the information given (which is by a significant degree more information and better thought out than most threads that get dev attention) it sure would be nice if we could get a dev response on this issue. I hate specifically asking for a dev response, but it's been long enough now with enough threads and enough parsing along with actual sourced and accurate information that Mage's and even necro pets receive a due response, even if the response is just, "Yes we've reviewed the information and it's currently still in discussions." Or if the decision has been made despite all of the provided sourced/parsed information to still leave it as is at least let us know that our efforts and case has been heard.

Thank you kindly in advance for any potential dev response and/or attention.
    Adonhiram likes this.
  11. Adonhiram Augur

Yes, an answer would be nice, I agree 110% !
    Darkenr likes this.
  12. Ryak Augur

I actually wish we could stop having constant fires going on on these TLP servers so this could be looked into, rather than constantly having to deal with the emergency of the day.
    Darkenr likes this.
  13. Adonhiram Augur

That is a wise word :) Indeed, the ever occurring emergencies prevent the devs from looking into structural stuff like the MotoW issue.
    Darkenr likes this.
  14. Ryak Augur

Hi, did you guys get a chance to discuss this internally now that you have had a few days of calm?

Thanks!