Retiring

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danille, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danille Augur

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up...The Broken Mirror was the last expansion for me. No you can't have my stuff as i will not sell my account.

In case some folks are wondering my reasons for leaving...

1) Solo game for mages has been broken since the progression server nerfs hit live, and that aspect of the game for me is dead. 2) Group game has not been my thing and the main reason why I chose a solo class when I made Danille years ago. 3) Personal stuff going in RL distracting me from the raid game.

Things I will miss about the game....

1) Belonging to a family of the most amazing players over the course of my tenure in the game. Fantastic GL, Officers, CL's and both tiers of raiders and casual members has brought many hours of joy and friendship keeping Norrath safe not only for high elves but also for all of my guildies. I am eternally grateful for the friendships we have. 2) The raiding game. 3) Hoping the developers would come up with some way to make the solo game viable for mages again.

I will be working something out for the continued updating of the AYAUI on EQinterface as well as moderation of the Mage Tower Forums.

Hope everyone enjoys the new expansion!
    snailish, Andarriel, Sancus and 6 others like this.
  2. Sancus Augur

Sorry to hear that you're retiring, I wish you luck with RL....
  3. Vdidar Augur

From on mate who has recently "retired" to another it's not easy even though we have gotten shafted. I still seem to log in from time to time but I just stand there lol.
    Rivitt and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

Good luck Danille!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Millianna Augur

The nerfs to mages over the last two years have been disastrous. To the point that even raid guilds were recruiting. Swamped to my SK, but have not logged on this week. Good luck.
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Good luck to you, Danille! /salute
  7. baddog Journeyman

hi
    I'm leaving the game .after 15 years 288 days .
    ill be closing all 6 all access accounts including my kids 2 accounts .
    daybreak has extremely poor customer service .
    My main character has been missing since Sunday all I received where 2 Bot messengers from GMs
    something is very wrong at daybreak .

I'm very saddened to be leaving I have tears in my eyes as I write this , daybreak has no loyalty to their customer base none what's so ever .
    Rivitt and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. baddog Journeyman

ive been logging in waiting for an answer or a fix for my missing character for 6 days meanwhile I'm looking for a new game to play .
  9. Tucoh Augur

Don't retire! Take an extended break. If you're not liking the way EoK looks, take another look next year at the next expansion. Your RL might be more raid-friendly and if the next expansion comes with a new pet, mages might be badass soloers again!
  10. Shredd Augur

Ring of Valor members never retire. . they just become family members and if the itch returns they can just re apply for when a raid spot opens.
    As far as Danille is concerned. I have know him for all the time I have been on Bristlebane and he is one of the best Mages I have ever seen. This is in a guild where Crits , Cicely , Fleiss , Hostility belong.
    I will miss him from our raids.
    Danille you going to make me have to recruit a mage since we will be only two now with Crits to family last year, Fleiss needs some time off.
    Cicely and Hostility are it.
    So if any mages would like to see Beta Sun, Mon , Tues, Weds until expansion starts.
    www.ringofvalor.org
    You have to be currently geared, show some effort in augments, provide parses.
    Salute Danille and do not be a stranger :)
  11. RPoo Augur

Forever in our hearts, and facebook feeds =)
    Rivitt likes this.
  12. coroki Journeyman

You have been a big help to me with both AYA UI and the Tower.. you will be missed!!
  13. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

Best of luck Danille, I've always appreciated the work you put into AYA UI. Sorry to see you go.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Too bad since they found one of the issues for this and commented on it.
  15. Alwyzn- AB Journeyman

Although I have not played in a few years now, I will say thank you for all the work you did on the best UI in the game.

While I never meet ya ingame, I have used the UI that you helped keep updated for years. I wish you the best in RL and even if you decide to come back to the game. For me, I have no desire to come back as someone with 15 years credit and 512 days played, I wish you the best and thank you for your work.
  16. Zunnoab Augur

Good luck! Indeed while I don't dislike the game and I do still have fun it's my guild that keeps me playing most of all. I can't imagine myself quitting but I suppose all good things must come to an end eventually, and their mass nerfs the last year or two have been just plain nuts.

Don't give up on that. Surely they have to do something about something that serious?
    Rivitt likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Best of luck.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Lots of folks characters are reappearing, looks like they found how to fix it, hope both Baddog and Danille's return also. They did say it could take at least 7 days for some corrupted ones. But if you all still decide to leave have fun wherever you go.
  19. Aghinem Augur

If I based the content of EQ alone on whether I'd still be here or not, I would have left a long time ago...probably after TDS. However, I am pretty confident that is not why most of us linger around. Its about the camaraderie, the relationships, the bonds we build between our team mates and other friends. To me, that is worth paying $15/mo for.

I'm sure in the years to come when we're all wearing depends with IVs attached to our necks - we'll be playing EQ, throwing bed pans at the screen because someone broke mez while others are playing bingo in the other room.

[IMG]
    Geroblue and CatsPaws like this.
  20. Maedhros High King

Take care Danille.
    Time to watch out for your mages, Shredclaw is coming!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.