Returning player with a few questions about server choice

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zujilli, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Zujilli Elder

Hi guys. So I have been playing on and off for a few years and only really have a few low level characters (I play pretty slowly and casually with my main interest being learning EQ lore). I think that I'll probably end up creating a new character on Phinigel (less overwhelming to start from the beginning there and better chance of finding lower level groups than on live although I really don't mind soloing) but also want to know which of the live servers typically have medium to high population during eastern time zone prime time (likely between 8pm-12am) in case I decide to play there. I do have a sub going already because I mostly play EQ2.

Also, any casual guilds (that don't mind taking in a newbie) looking for members feel free to leave a message on this thread or send me a PM as this may help me decide which server to play on.

Thanks for reading this and I wish you many happy hours Everquesting. :)
  2. aindriuc Elder

Hey Zujilli. I guess it doesn't matter much which server you roll on if you are in America. I know I am in Europe and there is only one European server, Antonius bayle, so my choice is limited.

Also, if you are soloing a lot, the server Firona Vie is a roleplaying server, that has a 50% exp bonus. It has some quirks to the server rules though, so you might want to read them first. Generally, I heard there are more mature players playing on FV than on the other servers.

Also, a lot of people , if not most people playing Everquest these days, who are serious, are boxing. That means they are playing more than one character in a group at the same time. Maybe you want to try that out too.
  3. Kodjak Lorekeeper

sent ya a PM Zujilli