Devs/Admin - When is the Luclin vote on Lockjaw?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boile, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Boile New Member

Roshen stated in this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...n-when-is-the-luclin-vote-on-ragefire.235345/

"Based on when the Velious content was defeated on Ragefire, the vote should start late afternoon on Saturday, October 22.

If the vote passes, Shadows of Luclin should unlock on Ragefire at 12:01AM PT on Monday, October 31."

Lockjaw being 3 weeks behind would have our vote being around November 12th and if it passed we would unlock around November 20th.

I do know you announced the new expansion:

EverQuest: Empires of Kunark is scheduled to launch on Wednesday, November 16, 2016!

That falls right smack dab in the middle of our vote and potential opening of Luclin. Will the new expansion effect us? It should not because we cannot play it anyhow. We would like to know for planning reasons.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Wha? Why would.... I don't get....

What?
  3. Tyny New Member

It's a legit concern. They might not want to take any focus off of the new expansion Empires of Kunark launch or more importantly not have to use any additional resources to make sure the expansion (Luclin) for Lockjaw launches ok.
  4. bodes Augur

Luclin launch on Lockjaw should be fine. It's a clone of Ragefire so there won't be anything unique to trip up the launch and there's only about 100 active players left so there shouldn't be any server load issues like the 600 trader limit crashes on phinny
  5. rorriana Elder

Please show us on the doll where the people from Lockjaw touched you.
    Kronko likes this.
  6. bodes Augur

Please avoid personal attacks and stay on topic. The topic is whether the expansion release will affect the Luclin release on Lockjaw.

My first opinion was that a successful launch on Ragefire will mean very little risk for Lockjaw as they are identical ruleset servers.

My second opinion is that if Lockjaw does have a launch issue it will take a while to resolve because a server with so few players is not going to be a priority.

Your opinions on this matter are quite welcome!
  7. Banecrow Elder

Did the Lockjaw touch you also and you just don't want to talk about it?
  8. Hasty Blades Journeyman

No, But the TRUMP did. OH THE HORROR!!!
  9. Gremin Augur

Bodes I have 100 active players in my guild alone. Your numbers are off by a ways.
  10. Banecrow Elder

As much as I hate him, I hate him less than the wicked witch.
  11. rorriana Elder

Bodes doesn't let things like 'facts' or 'reality' get in the way of his shitposting.
  12. bodes Augur

Happy to hear that DHS is thriving. What would you estimate the server pop at?
  13. Gremin Augur

We allow family and friends in our guild. So not all those are raiders, but over time some become one.

Population wise without box subscriptions 1k I would guestimate.
  14. Puroah New Member

Can we have information on this since it was given to Ragefire in a timely manner?

I need to plan ahead for work.
  15. -wycca Augur

102? =P
  16. Gremin Augur

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO
  17. Boile New Member

You are right. It took 28 minutes for Roshen to respond to the Ragefire question.
  18. Silinius Augur

I think you underestimate the active player base on LJ. Faceless alone has around 55-60 active main raiders + another 20-30 friends and family and I know DHS is fielding 30-40 active main raiders + Friends and Family (Gremin can keep me honest there). That is nearly 200 right there not including Midnight Phyre, Damage and other smaller guilds.

For the record, Ventani the Warder was killed on May 21st and thus unlocking the timer which would put the vote for the week of November 21st and then an unlock (if it passes... dear God, please let it pass) on November 28th; the week after Thanksgiving.

From our website - www.facelessinsanity.net:
    Well rested on …. 5/21/2016 - Say goodbye Ventani[IMG]
    AND
    [IMG]
  19. Banecrow Elder

Some of those are really low raid forces. I know on Phinny our guild is not one of the top 3 raiding guilds and we still have full raids and have people waiting out on stuff we are not splitting. Makes me worry for when you guys reach PoP.
  20. Silinius Augur

We'll be fine for PoP. This content doesn't require a full raid force but most everyone has an alt or a box as needed and at this point, we just drag them along for loot.