NEC vs BST (Phinny)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jzendo, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Lifetap Augur

Guys, tinytinker is trolling right? Necros can't be that bad. I mean, I've never been kicked out of a group just for being a necro.
    Though, I don't think I've been in a group since early kunark 10(?) months ago.
  2. Tinytinker Augur

Not trolling. I have limited play time. I want to make every moment I am in game count, especially when I have potions running. I like to be in optimal, fast paced exp groups with ideal classes. Maybe that's just the wizard in me. My main on live is a wizard and stuff dies in seconds, so I'm used to rolling in exp.

I don't feel the necro class is lame. They are great on raids and I appreciate a well played necro who can debuff, mind wrack, heal, charm, use Screaming Terror, slow, snare, root, Dot, FD and rez a cleric. I just don't feel with the kind of groups I want to put together, having necros around works for me.
  3. Gremin Augur

Reroll on phinny!
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I was convinced he was and started a reply to that effect but then bailed out. I think the scenario is that in fast killing groups the necro isn't the best DPS choice.
  5. Belfort New Member

Basically amounts to some ability to prop up or carry bad groups, in a good group it's all pretty much redundant and all you are left with is mediocre dps vs mobs that are dying in under 60 seconds and 5 mana per tick if you are attentive enough to keep the spell on cooldown.
  6. Gialana Augur

Since you've stated this number twice, I thought I should point out that 300 mana every 60 seconds is 30 mana per tick since there are 10 ticks 60 seconds. I don't write this to refute (nor accept) your premises. I just want to help you make a more accurate comparison.
  7. Belfort New Member

Thanks, I stand corrected, that's a much nicer number in that case.
  8. Arclan Elder

Don't think I've ever been in a group where the necro pulled. But I've seen almost everything else pull: Tanks, Monks, Chanters, Bards, Clerics, Rogues. Rangers, even Druids
  9. Trackanon Elder

They seem to do alright DPS. We won't know til the end of luclin, really. Even if your beast lord is 60... He's going against fully velious raid geared DPS. Not a good gauge really.
  10. Ryanxp Augur

No.
    I played a necro over a decade ago throughout those eras.

And your same bigot mentality seeps through as it did when Kunark, Velious, and Luclin were the latest xpacs.
  11. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Don't play Beastlord, it's a terrible class made for terrible players.