steam wallet

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Snowtrain, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Snowtrain New Member

will everquest ever use steam wallet db cards are hard to get but i have no problems geting steam cards
  2. Mocha Elder

In the first place, I wouldn't recommend running this through Steam because the stand alone client works better. In the second, why can't you go through the DB store directly?
  3. Ghubuk Augur

With the last massive issue that happened with steam expansion codes, I hope not.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I cannot find a single db gamecard thru the internet on any of the stores that they are supposed to be at. However I have found a huge stack of them in person at ONE local best buy. The other 3 best buys did not have any and none were mentioned online for that store. The receipt said in store item only. None at the Walmarts/Game Stops or Targets either. So yes they are hard to find but they are out there.
  5. Orbital101 Augur

My Walmarts/Game Stop still have the old Sony Game cards on shelves even so I keep telling them to remove them and/or replace them by DBG cards for over a year now.
  6. Captain Video Augur

There is no "Steam client". All you download from Steam is the launcher, and then everything else comes from the DBG download server, so everyone is running the same code. The launcher, if run under Steam, supports the Steam Overlay features for screen capture, Steam IM, etc. DBG is not using the Steam Wallet feature.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah DB has had some major issues regarding Everquest products purchased through Steam so I suspect we won't see steam wallet being added.
  8. Captain Video Augur

The interesting thing is that DCUO is different. All of its "episodes" are available via Steam as DLC, and they can be purchased via the Steam Wallet. This has been true since the game launched. It also has Steam Achievements. So the argument that it's too much work for DBG devs to support, or that there is a fraud issue, seems rather dubious.
  9. moogs Augur

There is no reason that any game listed on Steam should not accept Steam Wallet funds. (Especially since it was announced that DB cards will no longer be produced and sold.) DBG should pivot to Steam Wallet as a means to allow players to purchase subscription time without the use of a credit card. Kronos are something like 2 million plat and only trending upward and they do not offer 500 DB cash per month.
  10. Riou EQResource

? Every Krono I've used even on accounts that were never subbed received the 500 per month since day 1 of Krono
  11. Egat Should have stayed in Halas

I cannot speak to expansions, subscriptions or Krono but I can confirm that EQ will accept Steam wallet for purchasing Daybreak cash. In fact, steam wallet is what was launched when I used the "add funds" button in the marketplace.
  12. Behee Augur

Same for me, always get the 500 store points per month when I use a krono.