Wondering why we all got sarnak illusions?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Sep 28, 2016.

1. smash Augur

Well, imo there likely some expansion reason for us getting it.. But, dont forget the extra income for people activating their accounts, even if for only 1 month.
  2. Brohg Augur

It's just a version of pre-order bonus. There have been versions of faction mod available that way since ... Gates? Taelosian Morphemic Staff? No, LoY Basher Shield?
  3. Duhbeast Augur

Whoops, meant Absor.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL.. haters gotta hate heh heh. For your own sanity put me on ignore please :).

Hmmm wait.. I guess everyone else that posted here just posted for the sake of posting... wait again.. so you posted just for the sake of posting. It's a conspiracy I tell yah!
  5. Geroblue Augur

I have had to cut back on having all access account(s) running continuously. Now that I'm retired, I have less time to game.
  6. Zamiam Augur

im an illusion junky (on my main account) others i could care less, but for whatever reason DB is offering it i thank you .. i dont care if it was marketing or not it was something for free.. i also have the sarnak illusion from the anniv mission so now i have 2 :p im hoping for a 3rd included in with the EoK pre-order .
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  7. Your_Ad_Here Augur

And what is odd, is the item sits in your head slot and it shows as a helmet on your character. Heh.
  8. Brohg Augur

The item has a faction modifier, Your_Ad_Here. That couldn't work if the item wasn't equippable
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Okay just checked you can remove illusions from the illusion key ring. Didn't think you were able to though seem having one removed via petition before.
  10. Espiritun Augur

I destroyed mine already
  11. Vdidar Augur

Cool story
  12. Natal Augur

Faction modifier. Maybe they are giving loyal subscribers a head start on faction in the expansion?
  13. Ducreux Augur

The reason they are doing it is because when the server merges occur the names that get "x" and "ex" added will be based on the last time that character was logged in.

Giving out this free illusion to everyone that logs in each of their characters basically means that they are all still "active" and will likely get to keep their name.

Dunno how they will handle it if both characters with the same name login and their servers are merged, I assume there is a 2nd check that will then supersede this one.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I did consider that to be the reason and that would being up the point that they have been working on changes for server mergers for a while but hiding it. I guess losing server transfer fees could be one reason but do that many people transfer servers?

I guess they don't see any advantage in announcing server mergers in advance. I guess I have to agree I can't think of a really good reason for us to know far in advance other then those who were considering server transfers.
  15. MrMajestykx Augur