Ok Bards. Time to Unite!

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Rhymez Thebard, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Time for a Bard call to action!

Not asking for dps buff, more mana/end alternatives, or instrument mod fixes. All I want is for Song of Sustenance to be a insta click on all Bard class leg armor. That's it. I'm not asking for someone to re-code bards or make us stupidly OP. All I want is to never worry about food/drink messages again, and allow bards to give the same benefit to others while grouped.

People don't like the buff? They can block it. How is giving this to bards a bad thing? The economy of food and drink so profitable that this would destroy everyone's bank roll? Doubt it. Just do it already.
    Jyve likes this.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

Most people can agree that bards could use a bump to class balance, however no one is going to agree they need a food and drink click from their leg slot.

Almost spit my coffee out lol
    EnchFWO likes this.
  3. Thraine Augur

this cant possibly be your biggest concern about EQ ..
  4. Warpeace Augur

A Filter so you can hide the food/drink spam would have been better. But I guess if the Bards really want this and unite they can make it happen.
    Rhymez Thebard likes this.
  5. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Nope not my biggest concern. And yes bards do need a class balance bump.

Neither of those are my reasons for making the post, but if it's not that big of a deal. Then why can't we just have it? Surely it can't be that hard to just add an effect to the legging template that has been used for the last 8+ years? I wont argue that dev time could be spent better else or money used in a better way. All i'm saying is. It would be cool and bardly if it happened, and I would really like to see it. Once upon a time there was a food summon clicky on the singing steel greaves. And since a summon food clicky would suck this is a awesome alternative. Considering that the next expansion is another kunark expansion.

Oh, and another reason it would be cool. Is because when toons have no food/drink it would help with end/mana regen in a unnoticeable not really important way. Having a bard able to stop food/drink spam? How cool would that be for boxxed toons and the like?

Don't bash the idea. Just let it happen. Surely if we all band together instead of trying to tear each other apart we can make something happen?

Edit: didn't see the guy before me about the food/drink message. least someone else also gets it though
  6. Draig Journeyman

Sounds like someone is tired of eating up their stat food. You do realize that Vex Thal clickies and binds to consume the trash food accomplish pretty much what you are asking without taking up a buff slot, right?
    Jyve likes this.
  7. Thraine Augur

Im not trying to tear apart your idea but it does seem kinda funny since you can buy food and water in almost every zone you enter. Sorry, but with all the issues facing EQ i find this one to be very low on the priority scale .. but hey i guess its all perspective. I would love for a class to gain something they want rather than have things constantly nerfed away.

If they did come out with a food/drink song and a bard in my group was playing that instead of something to boost DPS, well we would have a chat about group priorities lol

But who am i to judge .. comon Devs, make this one happen! :)
  8. Rhymez Thebard Elder

I know. Let a Bard get something bardly? :).

Ya. I totally agree it's not something that should be in a bard's melody. That's why it needs to be a insta click bards could hotkey or put in their multibinds. And if you are raiding and don't need it cause of slot issue. Just block it and boom. No worries. Thanks for the support :).

All i'm asking for is an every so slightly utility addition for bards. Doesn't hurt no one, and wouldn't break the game. If it was gonna eat a month of dev time to do then don't do it. Use those hours of hard work for something better. I'm not against a simple AA or something like that either.

But if it's like a 30 min copy/paste kind of situation. Then why can't bards have it? I'd like to know why not. /cry

So I implore my fellow bards and EQ players. Let's make it happen!
  9. Ryanxp Augur

I dont know . Bards (in roleplay), I'd think, of ALL classes, would be the ones to carry and consume food the most. Maybe a necro, one who turns into a skeleton, would be one of the least to eat.

But you know that bard clickies are cast and used as a song, yes?
    So if it were a clicky, you'd activate it by right-click, it would cast as any other song would, and be applied as a 20 second song. Then you would need to re-sing your song line-up. ie: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=29545
  10. Rhymez Thebard Elder

The song actually last 2 min and 47 seconds and goes to the short duration buff window. Per cast, and if it's an AA or item effect. It dosen't need to be in song line-up taking a gem slot or making you recast with 3 sec timer. There are other items with bard effects that are actual songs with 3 sec cast timers, and some items have bard songs that are insta cast. Those insta cast bard song items are bound with my selos AA and other. It's like saying "Yo, this speed buff is gonna burn some calories. Since bards are cool and friendly and stuff. I'll take care of you'r food/drink problem for awhile"...in a roleplay sense heh.

Can't disagree that they would consume the most. But if you want to get into the roleplay aspect. Then iirc there are some races out there that actually consume more food/drink than others. And because bards get a variety of illusions they can change to a variety of races. Each consuming different levels of food/drink. If we were really roleplaying as a bard for many years and slaying many immortals/dragons/god/aliens/dinosaurs. Surely I would have developed a song to help me with this small issue.

Tear the reasoning apart if you like. I'll admit it's pretty loose, but...well...yeah. Oh, and rogues can't have it cause they can't sing duh.
  11. Duhbeast Augur

The anniversary missions had a pretty nice food/drink stat clickie. Where have you been the last 3 years?
    Yimin likes this.
  12. Rhymez Thebard Elder

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=116776

Talking about Jimothy Junior? It only reduced the consumpation by 50 (idk if thats 50% or what), and to my knowledge Song of Susentance is the only effect that totally negates the consumpation.

I guess they could just change the familiar to negate total consumption, but then that's not very bardic.
  13. Duhbeast Augur

No, the shovel and uhh urn? I can't remember and I can't link it cause I'm at work.
  14. Rhymez Thebard Elder

15. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

I support this. Most important bard improvement, 1000 percent. Rhymez for president.
    Jyve likes this.
  16. Sindaiann Augur

Chaosflux likes this.
  17. Jyve Augur

Insta cast? so can bind it as part of movement keys to keep it running all the time?

Not all pants though, these would be awesome pants, as a long quest to get.
    (song of sust that only works for food on pants click, version of drink sustenance on boot click? )

Makes sense to me. Lets kick it up and see, even if it means we don't get clicky pant aoe rez.
  18. Rhymez Thebard Elder

That's the goal. I would be all for a quest. A long one that required stupid amounts of running around and it could play into bard lore a bit too. A time sink for bards who want do a lot of exploring hehe, but I would hate to see it stuck to a current raid mob as loot :\.

Aoe pant rezz's! Cause bard farts revitalize right? Makes sense to me.
  19. Ryanxp Augur

*pffffffffssssssssff*
    Bard: Sorry, something must've crawled up there and died....
    Cleric rises from her once limp body with a lime green face
  20. Rhymez Thebard Elder

Lol. Will need to change the camp.