New Player Looking for Guild/Help

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Heparsh, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Heparsh New Member

I've always wanted to play this game, and I decided when I wake up in the morning I'm going to seriously sit down and start my adventure on Everquest! I've tried this game out a few times and I've never even made it out of the starting dungeon place. I know this is something I want to do though and I'm in it for the long haul. I would even like to raid one day. I would really like to join a friendly guild of players that are willing to guide me if I have any questions, and that I could do end game content with when the time comes. I would also like to know of a populated server if there are any.
  2. Kodjak Lorekeeper

In that case you'll want to join Psyche on Tunare. A lot of returnees are gathering there, very helpful officers, and easy going banter. Only rules are to be 18+ and have somewhat thick skin. Server Population is median, and an overall good time. I have been on tunare for 15 years now, and don't plan on leaving.
  3. Mocha Elder

You will want to try the Guild Recruitment forum to find one for the server you play on. You may also consider starting out by either 2 or 3 boxing (running simultaneous accounts) to expedite your progression a little and to avoid getting stonewalled by "hell levels." If you do, you will want to know a few handy macros. To make a macro, bring up your Actions window (alt M), click on the Socials tab (looks like a chat balloon), click the arrow to the right to bring up a new page, then right-click an empty box. After you finish making your macro, you can click and drag it to a hot bar button (which can have its keys remapped in your Options if you like).

[IMG]

/assist
    Targets your target's target.

/assist <tank's name>
    Target's your tank's target (no need to include the brackets in the command line)

/target <group member name>
    Target's a specified group member. You can also use F1-F6 (F1 being yourself), but the /target command is if you want to specifically cast something on a certain member; haste the rogue, thorns the tank, clarity the healer, etc

/cast <1-8>
    Casts the spell in the numbered slot (left to right, and top to bottom)

[IMG][IMG]

/pause <number of seconds, measured in 1/10ths of seconds>
    /pause 45 would wait 4.5 seconds before executing the next command in the macro
    Use this to time spell casts, so you can cast a few in succession (assuming they don't fizzle or get interrupted)

/doability <1-6>
    Executes the ability in the numbered slot

[IMG]

/melody <x, y, z, a, b, c>
    This is a bard command that automatically casts songs in the sequence specified, and will do so on a loop unlike /cast

/stopcast
    Interrupts the casting of a spell/song/ability etc.

Here's a very simple macro I use on my 50-something monk:
    [IMG]

Ability 3 is Flying Kick
    Ability 4 is Tail Rake

With this macro, I just mash my 1 button to keep those abilities on cooldown (increasing dps and ensuring they skill up). I could add Disarm and/or Intimidate, or other skills, to this macro if I wanted.

Note that macros aren't just for boxing, but you will almost certainly want them if you do choose to multibox.

Hope that helps some.
    moogs likes this.