Please increase bazaar sell price cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sn00ps, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It would be a simple matter to add one more field to the bazaar allowing people to price things in nobles OR the regular coins. When someone buys your stuff priced in nobles you get the nobles and if you want plat you have to go sell them for plat.

BUT

I think the price inflation that would occur is not going to be good for the game. We have next to no real new players we primarily just get returning players. Price inflation makes it even harder for people to get back into the game. Price inflation also devalues any funds people currently have.

The ones that gain the most from price inflation are people into RMTs. People who sell off their amounts of plat or kronos for RMTs and only keep an operating budget are the least affected by player held funds losing out to inflation.

Increasing the prices of items mainly helps those into RMTs sell stuff for cash because it is too expensive in game. For those who are just hanging on to their wealth I would expect only a small percentage of them are worried about making another 20, 40, 100, 500 million plat. RMT people on the other hand have a vested interest in creating an environment where more peopel turn to RMT ways to acquire items.

If I am sitting on 40 million plat allowing higher prices just increases the price of items and devalues the plat I have stored up. On the other hand it encourages even more RMTs.

While higher prices might encourage the sale of more krono to buy things there is a limit on how many krono can be used. And there is the affect on the number of players to consider. Believe it or not while a lot of players may have tons of plat stashed away many do not. Price inflation just increases the gap between the haves and have nots and while I agree that there are way to make in game money if you really want to I also know that I would rather have more players in the game even if that means making this a bit easier for those not into the money game.

All this is just my opinion like everyone else I don't have the data to actually make an accurate prediction of what allowing higher bazaar prices would bring about. For that we need an economist with the data and a strong working knowledge of the game industry and eq player base.

I say forget about trying to find ways to charge more through the bazaar and find ways to reach out to former players and get them back to Everquest.
  2. Behee Augur

The code has to work on all servers, not just lower population ones. Phinigel has a very large population and Luclin releases with Bazaar in about 2 weeks.

As others said, either increasing the internal memory for plat from 32bit to 64bit values or adding more currency types to the UI would resolve issues, but whether there is development budget for that is a question only DBG knows.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

All we need are wts krono 10m PP no thank you. This is just going to drive more people away from the game as the krono price inflation has already done. You cant spend all that plat if there is no player base.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Let us use nobles somehow, I thought that was their intended use in the first place. While I did purchase something from Marcia and emptied my life savings, letting nobles waste their potential by sitting dormant is just kinda sad to see.
  5. segap Augur

Nobles need to be killed off. The exchange rate on them make them useless for player to player transactions.
  6. Millianna Augur

There isn't any need for bazaar plat increase on live servers. Not at all interested RMT trash that becomes of it. There isn't any reason you cannot use a chat channel.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Mocha Elder

I'd rather they reduced the maximum sell price, honestly.
  8. Kravitz Augur

Yep. Spam General Chat is what I do. Since they refuse to upgrade the bazaar and keep holding your account hostage while in trader or buyer modes. 14 years of the same bazaar with no revamp gets kinda old. Spamming of general and serverwide channels to get your items sold is the best way to sell an item.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Despite the many fond memories of the East Commons tunnel, I really don't have the patience or time to spam general chat WTS [expensive LoN thing] for hours, so I'm glad for the bazaar. Plus, people will get irritated at the repetition.
  10. Millianna Augur

So you want a major economic change based on your preference? Are you serious?
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a way to automate the selling of high price items that the bazaar can't handle, since its not possible for it to go above 2 million, sure. I have no idea what the hell you mean by "my preference," like I'm choosing my favorite color or something. I guess every change ever made in Everquest was based on someone's preference.
  12. Millianna Augur

The change you want is based on personal preference - you don't want to put in the effort to sell the item through the various chat channels. On live servers, the minority of people sell and trade items over 2 million. There is no need to make this accommodation. If you want this change on FV, I have no issues with it.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Do you really think if they make that change it would only affect the FV server? It will affect Krono prices on all servers considering people can transfer them account wide.
  14. Ryanxp Augur

Oh manaslone.....
    and lroll illvsion......

WHERE HAVE YOV BEEN ALL MY LIVE???

Oh. Sorry. This wasn't a 'throw ourselves against this brilliance of a conversation' moment?
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

All economical change is based off of personal preference technically =P

Daybreak will raise the bazaar cap once Kronos can't be sold in it anymore reliably because that is when it will start to hurt the company financially. Not everyone wants to spam general for hours on end, that doesn't sound like fun in a video game. Even *if* some people love the EC/spamming general idea, not everyone does which means less kronos will be sold in game. This would hurt daybreak thus it will lead to the bazaar cap being changed.

#personal opinion
  16. Millianna Augur

If this was going to make DB sooo much money they would have done it a year ago. Why make a change for such a small portion of player base? At this time it's more problems than it's worth. It takes no effort to use a chat channel. I use it all the time and I never have to spam to sell items people want.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Bazaar: Twenty four hours a day, seven days a week, three hundred and sixty five days a year of operation. Except during server downtime. Completely non intrusive to other players.

General Chat: Repeating a WTS every X minutes, get told to shut up even if you space it out very generously no matter how polite you are, having to sit around doing nothing trying to sell it, or try to sell it while you're playing, which affects your play to some degree.

#personalpreferenceproblems
  18. savrin Augur

I would pay for this as an expansion "feature" just so I don't have to see spam for this stuff in general and ooc. Also, if they make it so you can use the bazaar for it you don't have to worry about scammers that go ld after you pay them.
  19. Mocha Elder

If DBG cared about people spamming, they would let f2p accounts use the Baz instead of forcing them to spam /o to sell stuff.
    Kravitz likes this.
  20. Millianna Augur

I would pay not to have this feature. Can someone please explain why you cannot play and sell items at the same time? I do it all time. Your making a huge sale, you can spare the 10 minutes to deliver item. I have my free shuttle service when I sell items. The only time this would ever be probably is during raid hours. No one buys expensive rares during these hours (they're raiding.)