Should there be raid-quality chase loot in Empires of Kunark?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Sep 7, 2016.

1. savrin Augur

Gear don't mean a thing in raiding guilds. Anyone buying chase drops to app to a raid guild is wasting time.
    Raid gear is literally the easiest thing to get and most guilds only care about skill of the apps, not their gear.
    Sancus and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  2. Thraine Augur

hehe while i personally agree that skill is better than gear also, lets do an experiment ..

Go put in an app to RoI for a closed class with group gear and tell them that your really really really ridiculously good at EQ, see if they let you in :)
  3. Kutsuu Augur

Dang you really got 'em with that one! I bet RoI would totally accept someone with chase gear in the same situation. Good thinking.
  4. Thraine Augur

well you guys have fun arguing this till the cows come home. ill bow out and graciously be defeated. Yay chase loot!
  5. Kutsuu Augur

So does your guild require chase gear before they will invite new applicants? Seems a little weird to me. I'd be looking for them having knowledge about their class, full augs, epic 2.0, MPG/DoN progression - the kind of things that prove they've put effort into their character and know their stuff.
  6. Grummy_NB Augur

Raid quality loot has always dropped in group content... that is where the raiders get lots of their augments. so you are wearing the same aug the raiders are. party time!!
  7. Thraine Augur

All classes have to meet requirements which you can see if you look at any raiding guild website, usually the top 5-10 serverwide guilds get apps from the top 20-25 guilds, its just how it is. so to answer your question, no we do not require chase loots, but your apping to a closed class you need to meet a higher standard of requirements .. basicly meaning if your group geared you wont get accepted as an app to a closed class.

If the class is open for apps now thats a different story, the requirements are lower for a open class.

On top of all this, they must have resists maxed (don progression), full augs, epics, and be very good at their class.

this is pretty standard stuff for the top 10 guilds in EQ
  8. Brohg Augur

Please assert clearly that paying $90 for a piece of last year's jewelry will increase someone's chances of getting into Triton, or bow out of the conversation.
  9. Kutsuu Augur

I think you're speaking for a lot of people that you know nothing about just because you have some idea of how your own guild works. I'm surprised that you guys require chase gear for non-raiders who are looking to join a raiding guild. That seems really backwards to me, because people with a bunch of chase gear are more likely to be RMTers than anything else. Plus doing the old progression, epics, augs, and the like takes a LOT longer than attaining a few raid pieces to replace group gear or chase gear.
  10. Thraine Augur

lol whatever man, i dont make the rules, i just play by them. and for the record i said "no we do not require people to have chase loots to app"

Maybe your right, maybe RoI, MS, IL and all the top 10 guilds take group geared players, i wouldn't know from personal experience .. but one think i know for sure is they all have requirements for apps, however you meet those reqs is up to you, raid for the loot or buy kronos and buy chase loot.

Either way we are far from the original topic of this thread, which is weather or not chase loot should drop in the new expac, and since im not one to fight against town hall, bring on the chase loots, they sell good and im low on plat
  11. Kutsuu Augur

My requirements when joining IL were to have a minimum number of AAs spent in the right places, have certain clickies (epic, shrink, invis), having certain progression done, and having good knowledge of my class. Loot wasn't a concern because I would be replacing whatever I'm wearing anyway - though I did have current expansion group gear which is probably expected.

IMO chase loot becomes a problem when it's better than current raid gear and becomes a requirement to join top guilds.
  12. Warpeace Augur

:confused:

Its official you must have chase loot or your not allowed to raid.
  13. Thraine Augur

ok who left the barn door open?? the darn troll got out again :)
  14. Sancus Augur

Try doing the same with chase loot, and you'd likely get the same response....
    Thraine likes this.
  15. Captain Video Augur

Would a unique lore item which gives my Bard a % DPS boost be considered a raid-quality chase loot?
  16. Natal Augur

Top end raid guilds want people who raid (frequently and know how to), and the single best indicator of that is what they are wearing. Being mostly decked out with real current raid gear gives them an idea of that. I doubt that any of them care if you are wearing a chase item or not, it is not an indication of your skill level or experience level. It is still groupable gear and consequently means that you probably lack the sort of experience they need.
  17. Arcainos Augur

Don't think it matters to be honest. Even if they have it, it's not like there will be a huge player base will full group-raid level gear. If people want to pay millions of plat to get the same benefit they could from raiding, I say fill your boots.
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Just to add something too... it doesn't matter what's posted in this thread. If they want to add it they will... if they feel it wasn't a great thing to do, it won't be making an appearance again.
  19. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Devs read the forums from time to time. They listen to feedback. Thoughts and comments here may or may not influence their decision. It is possible that chase loot were removed in TBM because of one or two vocal players advocating against it in 2013 threads or to non-specific fears.
  20. Shredd Augur

If by rare you mean like Powar rare ( for the clickies off trash mobs) Sure go it. But, leave raid quality drops in raids.