Transmute/Transmog Weapons to Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arcainos, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Arcainos Augur

I'd pay daybreak cash for a "token" or container or something similar to the ornament mutation/stripping tool, that allows you to take a weapon/shield/bow and strip out the guts, making it an ornament to be used with your current weapon.

I'm sure a number of people would as well.
    Krom likes this.
  2. Gukarok New Member

And also ornament that changes the attack motion...nothing like using 2.0 epic ornament in a blunt weapon to be poking with an axe.
    Arcainos likes this.
  3. Arcainos Augur

not as fussed about attack motion, but sure. +1
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'm surprised this hasn't happened already, either they don't know how to do it, or making it would take a lot of time.
  5. Krom New Member

I'd pay for this. (I'd like to have the look of my old Grobb Cleaver)
  6. Heile Lorekeeper

Although a good idea, this idea was shot down 4 years ago maybe even earlier.

Weapon ornament idea
  7. Millianna Augur

I no longer buy ornaments that I cannot reuse. Waste of money considering I change gear out all the time.
  8. Koryu Professional Roadkill

It's worth revisiting ideas that were previously shot down. Advancements in coding or backend support make previously impossible ideas become feasible. It's why we have bags larger than 10 slots now, right?
  9. Cloudia Augur

Or maybe just create more one shot cheap ornaments? There are already the obsidian scale and other old weapon ornaments available via pottery and no huge cost to make.
    But there does need to be a way to strip old ornaments off if you decide you want to revert to old look.
    Right now once you put a weapon in a player made ornament mold it is absorbed having an open ornament slot rather than showing that it was changed. This is probably because all you changed was appearance instead of function of the item.
    The creation of he new ornaments wouldn't be the hard part. The tricksy part would be deciding which old weapons to clone into ornaments.
  10. Zemi New Member

11. Arcainos Augur

Yea, I don't think the "they shot it down 4 years ago" thing is a really valid reason not to investigate. The answer may still be the same, but would be worth the team looking at it.

I think the ornament idea would make DBG money, incentivize players to go back to old content to get that cool-looking but stat-obsolete item, and give players more differentiation.

Seems to be win-win-win.
    Krom likes this.