Necromancer mitigation/avoidance nerfed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lifetap, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Lifetap Augur

I would have appreciated a heads up when this happened because I just got my a** beat by lodizal.

Don't make me bust out the logs.
  2. Ducreux Augur

My nec tanked Lodi today with seemingly no changes.

If he's dual wielding clubs he will wreck face though, probably only spawns like that 1/60 times.
  3. Lifetap Augur

he didn't drop any weapons.
  4. GrugSA Augur

RNG can be a
  5. Adonhiram Augur

Now you feel like a nerfed mage pet, bienvenue in our world.
  6. Lifetap Augur

necro pets got all the nerfs mage pets got.
    We were killing CT tonight and I was wondering if it was necessary for my pet to have both presence of the mighty and mark of the old ways at the same time.
  7. Adonhiram Augur

Sorry, I was just kidding ;-) But you are right, pets suffer multiple penalties compared to what we used to experiment on live long time ago :
    - Mark of the Old Ways (affects only mage and nec pets, secondary pet classes are not affected) and Presence of the Mighty (as everyone), as you pointed out
    - Mitigation of the Mighty (as everyone)
    - Mitigation/Avoidance nerf which went live last fall (applies to nec and mage pets)
    - The "power curve of pets" (till LdoN iirc, because DBG considers pets overpowered in the early expansions, mage and nec pets suffer a penalty on their base stats, especially the hit points - this penalty is reduced step by step each expansion till LdoN)
    - The aggro overhaul which went live last winter (or was it November, I forgot) which transfers a part of the pet aggro to the owner and is a true problem when raiding ; wondering how this will affect Beastlords btw whose pets generate high aggro.

I think too DBG could throw pet classes a bone and soften these penalties, maybe by removing Mark of the Old Ways ? The time for pet walling has passed anyhow with the other penalties.
  8. Really Angry Bear Journeyman

is it just me or does it seem silly that a necromancer should be able to tank things regardless
  9. Adonhiram Augur

I think the OP meant his pet, not himself ?
  10. fransisco Augur

Don't forget to thank you're local warrior. As a class they championed all the pet nerfs posting misleading and falls posts and spamming the forums for months.
  11. Raewhen Journeyman

No, Lifetap meant himself, not his pet. We have killed lodi on lockjaw for weeks with him tanking when we get bored. On our last kill he was taking 40-50% more damage from the hits, as well as avoiding less hits, for the entirety of the fight. I did not take this extra damage on my shaman when i had agro.

TLDR: Necro taking noticably more max hits, as well as hits more frequently. We had no heads up. Why?
  12. Astral - TR Elder

Lost and babbling nonsense in the oubliette that is Lockjaw.

I fear for you young Lifetap.
  13. Adonhiram Augur

Ok, I see. If the necro who did the tanking had exactly the same buffs and the same equipment (and comparable skill level in dodge/defense, but these cannot go down by definition), and if you think the variance was beyond RNG, the only explanation I can think of is that the overhaul of heroic stats and %mods on live impacted somehow tanking/avoidance/mitigation on TLPs. I don't understand how that is possible, but I can't think of another explanation. Maybe someone has a trail or a hint ?

Just to be sure : necro was not having a shield in secondary slot on previous fight and another item on recent fights ? Shield AC matters a lot.
  14. Tudadar Augur

Prolly just the latest besteva nerfs of 2016 ~!~
    Arclan and Adonhiram like this.