New expansion ???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tuffer, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Murphy Elder

Kunark Reloaded? RUSERIOUS? Well, at least the TLP refugees from their respective server once the economy completely goes to hell there will find refuge in something familiar on a live server. Just hit the big red EJECT button on Ragefire. Phinny up next.
    disgruntled likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Spoilers:
    There are only these zones in the game files that aren't released:

Gnome Memorial Mountain - This is on Odus based on where they put it in channels, and was moved to a different block, likely was meant to be TDS's PoWar equivalent.
    chardoktwo - Looks to be a "revamp" of Chardok A
    Lceanium - Looks to be the spire portion of Dreadlands, possibly Hub has druid ring and many tunnels prob going to other new zones
    Kor-Sha Laboratory - this and Gates were 1 zone now split into 2, likely because it was too big, this is a zone in eq2 on kunark
    Gates of Kor-Sha - this is a zone in eq2 on kunark
    Gorowyn - this is a zone in eq2 on kunark
    frontiermtnsb - Frontier Mountains
    Scorched Woods - Modern Day Burning Woods, like if the Burning Woods burned down completely, and forts are being built/rebuilt
    charasisb - The Howling Stones
    drogab - The Temple of Droga

They also have new versions of some Kunark mob models, there are also 3 new Hero's Forge sets, 1 is Sarnak, I think 1 was even named Kunark :p, there was also a set for each class, not sure what this is though.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Fanra and Rorce like this.
  3. Rorce Augur

Riou can predict the future, he's a psycho.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Rhaage Augur

5. Murphy Elder

Sindaiann likes this.
  6. Imak Augur

These kunarky files were initially pushed to clients a loooong time ago. Perhaps 2 years ago it was. The gnome-themed hero's forge set was pushed maybe 3 years ago. All seems to be content that was abandoned at some point in the past. Now, likely being regurgitated for yet another slapped-together-at-the-last-minute expansion.
  7. Xorsazis Augur

I'm excited if it's about Kunark, Iksars, and delves more into the already existing lore, however I feel that the times of great expansions like RoF or HoT are long gone. I don't know if I would want a small expansion with new lore and a couple of zones. I mean, I welcome anything new to do. I like new content. I just really don't want a hype to go south. Especially something as special as Kunark was.

Aren't we all...
    Aren't we?
    Rorce and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Part 4 of the Artisan's Prize saga perhaps?
  9. Draego Augur

Same for the b.s. pathfinding code from Grieg's End.....just to name one of quite a long list of poor "pathing" zones
  10. Draego Augur

Leaving the grand total of players able to go into the next expansion, able to be counted on one hand (err I mean finger).
  11. Riou EQResource

They started with those expensive sets, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were like marketplace purchased like those Class based Hand mounts were too
  12. Kunon Augur

Sancus, Riou and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

EverQuest: *ERROR* of Kunark !
    disgruntled likes this.
  14. Zamiam Augur

and from what i read they are calling it an Expansion not a campaign .. will just have to see cause they called the last one an expansion also ..
  15. Feradach Augur

Yeah they got so much **** about the campaign thing when it was announced that I doubt we'll ever hear that word from them again.
  16. Vdidar Augur

I think the reason TBM was so light on content was because of all the weekly content we get. That takes a lot of the devs time up.
    Krisiun likes this.
  17. Kravitz Augur

You mean the weekly content that is running on scripts for the last several years. I.E. Old Anniversary stuff, HH, DDD, LL, and this year the revolving hotzone scripts. Clearly that takes up alot of the developers time flipping the dates on the switch.
  18. Tvarian Augur

heh heh... heh heh heh... heh heh heh... heh heh... heh heh heh
  19. Act of Valor The Newest Member

And no mention of Sebilis or Karnors, its like I'm a freaking fortune teller or something.

Or just a really apathetic Daybreak Games customer, one of the two.
  20. Zamiam Augur

those and the cats/pups/gnolls and birds in a container poop. seriously im hoping for another lvl increase and some zones *i know im asking for too much. and I like the fluff you add to the expansion pre-orders its only reason i buy early i like illusions/houses/merc contracts/bags etc.. without those i wouldnt of bought the last 2 expansions cause they have been a joke..