Time for an update to the Bazaar zone...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kraymerica, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Kraymerica Journeyman

Is it just me or does anyone else think the bazaar zone sucks? I miss the old bazaar with the rows to stand under. I just spent way too much time running from spot to spot trying to find different traders and the find path not working half of the times.

Who's with me?
  2. Hellboy007 Augur

going back to the old baz zone would not be an update =)

with that said i 100% agree.. I want the old baz back.

make barter and trader people set up in same area.. for the most part i think barter area is emptyish.

the reason for new bazaar was back before you could hide traders and such but now i would love to go back to the old baz. it actually looked like a market.. the new one looks like nothing really.
  3. moogs Augur

The zone layout was much better in the Luclin version. I remember seeing a lot of my feet and other people's feet and right-clicking the trader's name to re-orient several times and 10 minutes later making it to the correct one. I don't know that those are fond memories, but they're memories nonetheless. With the Hide Traders function, there's no need to keep the newer level which was designed to minimize the number of player models in view at any given time.

A few thoughts:
    - The old trader limit was 200, wasn't it? Was this ever changed?
    - It was sometimes difficult to find an open place to stand as a trader. Way overcrowded.
    - The new NPCs and tradeskill amenities would need to find a new home.
    - Bring back the Arena.
    - While we're at it, allow FTP accounts to set up as traders and buyers. Offline play was implemented the wrong way and EQ's bazaar should have been set up in much the same way that WoW's auction house is. Not being able to play on your character because your trader is logged in is stupid. (I'm not asking for concurrent logins.) The way things work now, there are hardly any traders online during peak hours or during weekends, and then everyone goes to sleep in the hopes that one of the night owls will buy their extra crap.
  4. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Now that /bazaar can be used no matter what zone you are in, I'm sure there wouldn't be as much traffic. I did like the old layout better.
  5. 4kix78 New Member

As soon as I saw the title I started thinking about the old bazaar and that gladiator pit conveniently set right next to it. I had some really good times and met some people in that little arena. Creating this new bazaar was an act of iconoclasm. Same with the new Freeport.

I don't think overcrowding would be an issue now.
  6. moogs Augur

Player Studio is a nice concept. Would the dev team consider opening this up to the player community? Just provide level design parameters, specifications and limitations and I'm sure that one of us could tackle this in our spare time. I would personally love to.
  7. Zheros Lorekeeper

While I agree to almost everything you said here moogs, this is the only thing I vehemently stand against, sorry. There are just way too friggin many FTP out there that you can tell are fully automated farming bots out there, and this would only serve to undermine legitimate players. Possibly bringing a faster demise to the game in general imho.

EDIT:
    As long as they never bring back that stupid rendition of the split Bazaar where it was two zones (1 for buyer mode and 1 for trader). Personally I would love the original Bazaar back, possibly larger than before with a few extra tweaks.
  8. moogs Augur

No need to apologize. I didn't realize that cheating was still a thing after the major crackdown last year.
  9. Zheros Lorekeeper

Unfortunately...... 4 groups in Shards Landing over the weekend stayed in same locations (Pincerpest, Alpha Naeya, Cobalt, and Cragbeak/Vilefeaster camps) the whole weekend, finally got kicked about midday yesterday. Won't say which of the 3 servers I play on this was happening, but at least it appears that someone complained enough to have it looked into.

Can only guess what they were farming, but if I were to assume by what showed up in the bazaar - I'd say they were farming small glowing fear shards and fear touched gear mainly. Also noticed that certain traders that had tan influx of the items show up, seemed to be taking a vacation about the same time the groups disappeared.
  10. moogs Augur

Sounds like somebody needed free hugs.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

EQ2 also offers another form of this. I agree wholeheartedly. logging in during primetime, you see a LOT fewer items for sale, compared to early mornings.

Tat
  12. Feradach Augur

In all honesty, I don't really remember much what the old bazaar looked like because I had to run around staring at the floor just to be able to move.
    Draego, moogs and Tatanka like this.
  13. Draego Augur

Yep, still is unfortunately......
    And yer welcome........

I've made no bones about it, I see em I out em.....tired of not being able to enjoy a game which I pay for 3 accounts.

EDIT:
    Oops..... forgot to touch on the reason I looked at the thread to begin with.

Guess it's about time I broke out some of those programs I used in school and design a sample bazaar zone to submit to DB.
  14. --Voodoo-- Augur

Just remove the bazaar zone entirely, but keep the UI elements and modify accordingly.

/bazaar and /barter wouldn't need much in the way of changes. Remove the Find button. Buy/sell everything through the UI. Maybe add the whatever-they're-called vouchers to the loyalty vendor so people can more easily avoid the "tax". For /trader and /buyer, give them a guild-banker-style inventory of things you want to sell or buy.
  15. moogs Augur

^^ We can create and browse listings already. Why should an account need to be logged in to sell? The whole thing is wrong. The items could still be tied to a character's inventory if that's even still necessary, but the way it ought to work is your item poofs from your inventory (becomes unavailable) when it is listed and goes into a global escrow. When it sells, you collect. Like WoW's auction house. It's debatable whether you should even need to log into EverQuest to update listings. This should be handled over the web using our existing Daybreak account logins.
  16. Roartyger Smoot Elder

I also miss the arena in the old bazaar. There was a hidden area behind an illusory wall. I still have screenshots of others traders dressed in disturbing ways. The new bazaar is way to big to look for these bizarre individuals with their creative use of dyes.Not sure if my eyes can handle seeing an ogre dressed the way I saw an ogre dressed in a pink teddy with 2 torches. Even more afraid of running into such a sight out in the wild.

Just needs a hallway added to and from Plane of Knowledge. Gets rid of that dead end hallway that went to the barter zone. New bazaar is just not right EQ. It always felt out of place to me.
  17. Hekaton Augur

the old baz had an arena. i could see them reskinning this zone and using it as a raid zone.