how about an expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by lancelove, Aug 10, 2016.

1. lancelove Augur

Are there even Devs anymore? If I thought any of you surfed Id paddle out and drop in on you for sure! Maybe we could meet at Swamis and we could talk....
  2. Riou EQResource

Scheduled for Fall, same season as last years expansion, they announced it in September and showed it off in October + Beta then released in November.
    Sancus and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Can we shoot for something better than absolutely terrible, like The Broken Mirror was?
  4. Sindaiann Augur

Honestly, I would agree except with a game like this, be glad we get anything. Not a great expectation bar to set, but it is true. Let's keep it kicking as long as we can.
    Fanra and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

Whatever, I've enjoyed TBM except for totally non TBM-related things like ground spawn collectibles.
  6. Riou EQResource

If they release all zones they have "done" or seem probably done, I think it will be like 1.25-1.5x ish bigger then TBM (in terms of unique and not reskinned zones it seems to be mostly new, where some of the reskinned are "modern day" revamp or RoF styled).

Plus this expansion should be at least +1 dev over TBM with Ngreth back on the team.

They also don't have massive TLP's pop up in between expansions like TBM that ate into its dev time :p and are even delaying current TLP stuff to give expansion higher priority.
  7. Hekaton Augur

you think they would want to build up some word of mouth by announcing at least an expansion name or some lore or something. Two totally different beasts but the new pokemon game coming out has been releasing tidbits little by little over the past few months and interest is looking strong.
  8. Cicelee Augur

Did we really just mention Everquest and Pokemon in the same breath?
    Modef likes this.
  9. Kobrah Augur

I took two breaths cuz I gasped when he said pokemon !! For real though .. F pokemon
  10. Hekaton Augur

shrug....I said two totally different beasts. One company cares about their legacy..the other doesn't.
  11. Dre. Altoholic

I'd like to see small but dense zones with short repops. Plop down in a spot where you can pull PH's for 4-5 named and enough nearby trash to feed a high dps group. Heaven forbid it have a decent ZEM for exp grinding.
  12. Jaerlyn Augur

And since it's very well established Nintendo doesn't care about their legacy (which is different than caring about their pocketbooks) ... you are saying EQ -does- care about their legacy?
  13. Critts Augur

I heard there was one coming out 8 30 16 LOL
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

We have Augur back as well. \o/
  15. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

I also hope that they can have a Beta period long enough to fix many/most of the bugs that are inevitable. Instead of having such a short beta and not being able to do much in that time and then having to spend the first 2-3 months of the expansion being live trying to go back and fix things.
  16. Aiar New Member

Riou - i'm just wondering where you got this information? I've not heard a lick of news on the new expansion.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Dunno man, didn't they delay the Phinny release schedule because of all the work of instancing PoP to satisfy the Phinibabies demands for instance everything? I'd assume instances for two dozen-ish raids is at least in the same ballpark time wise as setting up yet another TLP. PoP had a lot of raids....
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. sojero One hit wonder

Most likely data mining patchs
  19. CrazyLarth Augur

Last year Windstalker posted the 1st info about the "New Expansion" Sept 2015
    if they are following the same time line maybe?
  20. Riou EQResource

Rip next expansion :p, though with the extra devs it might not be too bad