MoTM levels

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Hated One, Aug 1, 2016.

1. The Hated One Augur

Can someone explain the different MoTM levels?

is MoTM 1 more "challenging" than MoTM2 etc etc. Or is it the other way?
  2. Trevalon Augur

MOTM 1 is 40% (Classic)
    MOTM 2 is 30% (Kunark)
    MOTM 3 is 20% (Velious)
    MOTM 4 is 10% (Luclin)
    MOTM 5-9 is 40% (Clearly a placeholder that needs to be fixed as we get to PoP)
  3. Jaime Lannister Augur

Should fix Kunark targets to be MOTM2, cause a lot of them appear to have MOTM1 on them now.
  4. malaki Augur

It was sweet when Instance Velious CT had MotM for a bit.
  5. LoyalBard New Member

How is this applied currently? Are all "classic" targets mitigating 40% damage in Velious now? Or are they mitigating 20%?
  6. Mwapo Augur

By expansion. Classic targets are still mitigating 40%.
  7. Lawyer Augur

In MOTM10, Prathun spawns and repeatedly deathtouches all mages.
    Melusine and Adonhiram like this.
  8. Adonhiram Augur

Haha, Lawyer ;) But you mean MotoW10, I suppose...
  9. Ryak Augur

Acutally,

MOTM1 is 40
    MOTM2 is 40
    MOTM3 is 30
    MOTM4 is 20
  10. Evil.Iguana Elder

The MOTM buffs decrease in power as the # increases (excluding ranks 5 and up as these are just placeholders.) In addition to the across the board 40% damage reduction, ranks 1 and 2 also have additional damage reduction on any spell damage over 1000. As I understand it this is additive, so in the case of rank 1 that is an 80% damage reduction on each point over 1000 that a spell hits for. Rank 2 is *only* 60%. Basically do NOT use big nukes on any classic or Kunark mobs as they will be highly inefficient. Why did DBG decide to put in an extra nerf for Wizards and Mages? Nobody knows.
  11. Adonhiram Augur

Add MotoW for the double extra nerf (mages and necs) :rolleyes:
  12. Brumans Augur

Our guild finally got a taste of Nev and Vulak last night. All MotM did was make the fights a lot longer and more boring than necessary. We were never at any risk of wiping. Cleric mana was totally fine the entire time.

What a boring mechanic, heh.
  13. Ducreux Augur

MOTM1 is also something like 300% base mob HP, MOTM3 is around 176%...i think.

This difference was pretty evident that time Velious era Cazic-Thule in the Fear instance had MoTM1 by accident, never 4get.
  14. Prathun Developer

I'd be happy to look into this if you can provide more information. Have an example or two?
  15. Riley Augur

Pretty much. Nev is the prime offender of an HP table, arena, and ability that makes the encounter tedious as hell. I'd invite a Dev to watch a Lady Nevedaria fight some time and see how enjoyable it is.
  16. Astral - TR Elder

Come at me breh.
    Prathun and Tibalt like this.
  17. Tibalt Lorekeeper

#RIPinpizza
  18. Boile New Member

I do know Friday night my pet had MOTM1 on it. (We were in Halls of Testing in ToV. I cannot remember what the NTOV mobs use because I forgot to check.

Shouldn't Velious Mobs use MOTM3?

Edit: Lockjaw server.
  19. Adonhiram Augur

You mean MotoW I (Mark of the Old Ways), not MotM I. MotM is a buff which appears on the raidmob, MotoW is a debuff which appears on the pet. The rank of MotoW depends not on the era but on the number of pets engaged on the mob. The more pets on hit, the higher the rank, the weaker your pet hits.
    Boile likes this.
  20. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I can't speak to whether or not any of them have the wrong MotM, but the pool of possibilities isn't very large: Faydedar, Venril Sathir, Severilous, Talendor, Trakanon, Gorenaire, Silverwing, Hoshkar, Druushk, Xygoz, Nexona, and Phara Dar.

I don't think I'm missing anything ?