SK loosing only raid utility item?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarzac, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Xanathol Augur

And we'll get your discs, AC returns, dichotomic, etc, right?
  2. Xanathol Augur

Group & solo, this is a nerf, period. The debuff's hit limit was intentionally unreachable in those circumstances so in those situations this change amounts to a nerf to the percentage and nothing else. There is no lipstick to put on that pig.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yep, and since we're still a very very solid group and solo class in just about every way, this isn't particularly concerning, eh?

On the raid end it's (generally) an improvement, in some cases a massive one, and that's the area where we're still a pretty mediocre class. Seems like an ok tradeoff to me, but your wuah may vary.

Given dps dps dps is your MO, are you really unhappy with a large boost to Ty'vyl's impact on most guild's sustained dps on most events? 1500 counters faded sooooooo fast before.
  4. p2aa Augur

AC return means nothing, the difference between tank class does 0 impact in EQ
    Do you want to speak of the best secondary survival disc you received, Reaver's Nice Deal, that gives you 2 min guaranteed of MT time, which coupled with all your vie discs, boosted by a 35% def prog background which makes them last a lot longer ? So you have 2 min of Guardian Disc + 1 min of Mantle + 2 min of other disc + 2 min of Reaver to finish, omg you live now 7 min at least against a raid boss.
    You had non stop boost recently : super mitigation with def prof and your new 2 min defensive disc; super aggro with 1,5 x boost on your tools.
    Cry me a river
  5. Xanathol Augur

It's still concerning in the group game because the class needed gains not nerfs. Just because you don't care about what is suppose to make your tank different from others doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

On the raid side, it is only an improvement if your 'burn' is long enough and you don't have more of another class that can do it better (whom is overall a lot more desirable to a raid as well). That is poor design and a problem, especially for a class needing improvements.
  6. Vdidar Augur

Xanathol's trolls skills are amazing!
  7. Vdidar Augur

As I've said before the only thing that needs improving upon is your skills.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The only thing I'd agree with in the above is that it'd be nice if there weren't sword crossing with Funeral, whether it'd stack or be a higher % than the bard version might be nice. Bards have enough utility already, though that's also pretty much all they have!

As for your continued, BB-style tirade about tank dps....have fun with that.

You should start every post with:

"Shadowknighting = Tanking + Survivability + DPS. Dev Joeyjoejoe Shabadoo at the 1987 World's Fair in beautiful Knoxville, TN (home of the Sun Sphere) told me personally that we should be dps Kings in the North, but due to scheming Warriors they took err jerbs! Make it right, 2016 Devs!!!one!!?!"
    Vdidar likes this.
  9. gnomeboss Augur

+1 internets
  10. Xanathol Augur

You've already been outted as a troll - why do you continue to advertise it? Pro-tip - next time you try to manufacture a troll, it is best not to embarrass yourself by listing the targeted toon as #2 in your dps rankings - if what you posted had actually been as advertised, you would have just outted your raid dps as pathetically low.
  11. Vdidar Augur

Raid DPS is low but not half as pathetic as you. I find great humor in the fact that someone is just demolishing you because you clearly don't have an understanding of the capabilities of the class you play.
    Edit: I also don't think anyone with any self worth would take a Pro tip from such an amateur.
  12. Xanathol Augur

Liars gonna lie!
  13. Behelit Augur

and deniers gonna deny?

it was a real parse, the SK was #2 but thats cause not everyone burns at the same time on every event so things like that do happen even in top end guilds like RoI.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

The funny thing is we know its a real parse, and we also know what you have to do to set it up to do that. The thing is, the person that posted it wanted to make it look like it was normal. I can easily surpass those #'s on adds that we ae. I can also gather up all the adds in a night or a couple nights, do a large combine, and make it look amazing too. Showing parses like that trying to pass them off as normal, when they are anything but, makes the poster look foolish at best.
    Elricvonclief and Xanathol like this.
  15. Cactuszach Elder

Ya know, I feel bad that admins have to read through threads like this before they lock them.
    Brohg likes this.
  16. sojero One hit wonder

Nah it gives em a job, and gives the 10 people that still read the forums a good laugh.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You stay classy, Xanblade, and save some of that cheese for the rest of us <3
    Vdidar likes this.
  18. shadowgod Augur

It wont even be noticed because raids reach that 1500 hit limit during a burn in seconds and a good portion of the hits are used by none dps classes like monks :p

Think about it like this in the first 60s of a burn Bers are getting 14 hits a second, rogues 18-20, monks 18-20 + So you have 4 bers, 5 rogues, 3 monks just with them 12 toons thats 188 hits a second not counting tanks and other melee like bst/rangers. At best this debuff was lasting 5 seconds it wont even be noticed that it was changed.
  19. Derd Augur

Huh? So it fading in 5 secs in your scenario vs lasting it's full duration wouldn't increase its dps.... boggle
  20. shadowgod Augur

Guilds without enough bards will notice it. My post wasn't about that. I was saying even at 35% with a 1500 hit limit dps classes wouldn't notice the debuff because the number of hits you would get from it was minimal so even in a 60s parse it wouldn't stand out in a raid setting.