Tash fades at 2 mins, and charm falls shortly after

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thazager, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Thazager Journeyman

Is this something new that was added since Sat (July 23)? It was working just fine then, and when I logged in Sun I cant keep a mob charmed for more than 2 min. I thought it might be just a bad day, but its been happening every day this week.

I have runes on and full mana, I tash a mob to pull it and then charm it, mana at 90%. Mobs hits runes off as its being charmed, so more mana to put them back on, mana at 80%. I pull 1 mob, send in charmed pet, slow, dot, and root it, sit to med, mana at 70%. Charmed mob kills it, and heads back.

At this point I can med up while tash fades and put charm back on mob and add the runes again, mana still at 70%. Or I can pull next mob, and loose charm during fight, where I can root or mezz mob, and charm the mob again, then add back runes, mana at 60%.

With tash falling this soon, and charm right after it, its more of a mana hindrance than any help, trying to charm fight.

Or this all part of death, death, and one way to kill off the chanter?
  2. Kaliko Augur

Do you run a cleric merc? If so the cleric merc could be curing off tash when charmed.
  3. Thazager Journeyman

Yes, I have cleric merc, and have used one since day 1 of this character. The merc never cured it before, it was always there after charm wore off, where I could tash again to increase the tash timer or leave it for the next time, where the tash would be a few seconds on it when charm broke the 2nd time. I am level 76 currently, and have been charm fighting with this character as soon as charm was available to use. ( I have about 6 chanters on 6 different servers, and move around a lot because of general chat)
  4. gotwar Gotcharms

Block all "cure" type spells on your pet. Word of greater reformation, fraught renewal, fervid renewal. That should block all "cure" heal spells and prevent your tash from being removed on your charm.

Personally.... i block ALL heal lines on my pet. Not really any point in a merc blowing mana into a mob with 4million hitpoints when it's easier to just break charm at 1% and double up on the XP or task updates if questing.
  5. Thazager Journeyman

Hmm, I will try that and see if merc is removing them as "something new" to do for merc.
  6. Thazager Journeyman

Thanks guys, it looks like that was it. Some of the healing spells merc was using were also curing. Always something new to learn.
    Fanra likes this.