A request from Ragefire: Luclin & Beyond

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by totalimmortal, Jul 24, 2016.

1. bodes Augur

Every instance-related phinny thread for the last 8 months has been swarmed by LJ/RF players calling phinny a "Loot dispensary" that is pointless because "open world competition is what makes EQ fun".

Guess those people haven't found this thread yet
  2. Lawyer Augur

3. AgentofChange Augur

It's been like this for 8 months now, I don't see it changing. It's pretty simple
    - If you want raid instances, come play on Phinigel
    - If you want to box, play on Ragefire or Lockjaw
  4. darksinga Journeyman

Did you even read OP?

He's saying that the difference between Ragefire/Lockjaw/Phinny should NOT be raid instances.

The sole factor should be strictly whether you want to box or not.

With the brutal XP and lack of groups, I can def see how RF/LJ would be more appealing; it just blows that chances are you won't be able to raid as a casual player until PoP if things remain as they are.
    totalimmortal likes this.
  5. Polekn Augur

I also want to do raids with my 48 boxes without other guilds DPS racing me. Please instance raids. Do not make me buy 48 computers and move to Phinigel.
  6. taliefer Augur

sounds like the OP wants to play on a phinny server ruleset, just without the phinny part.

give up your box crew. it really will be ok. many others have found they outgrew their binky once they let it go and made the move to phinny. odds are you will too.
  7. AgentofChange Augur

Yes, the OP is saying that. And DBG along with a lot of us are saying that IS the difference - and it is not going to change. So once again, you have 2 options:
    - Play on Phinigel if you'd like instances
    - Continue playing on Ragefire/Lockjaw if you want to continue boxing large amounts of characters
  8. Oldschool Elder

NO, because " You have ruined your lands, you will not ruin mine"
  9. Gremin Augur

Not what I said. I said viable guild choiced.

For the record though FI and DHS have killed AoW so far, with FI having done Vulak. If DHS can do AoW we can do Vulak imo.

How would they handle ST merge wise since no one with ST keys and ability to wake the sleeper (FI and DHS currently ) do not intend to do so?
  10. Moranis Augur

I agree with 1 and 3...but only if they're together. There's really not enough worthy raid content to handle the populations of both servers on 1.
    Ragefire may seem dead, but just about all raid targets, save Naggy/Vox and Gore are dying with pretty decent regularity.
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Be easier for DBG to take phinny and tweak that successful server with minor edits than it ever will to do work on RF or LJ to get those out of the failing column.
  12. Silinius Augur

Yes to instancing only because that would help increase targets.

No to Merger with RF. While I'd love to be able to compete for open world content and have a potentially larger recruitment pool for Faceless Insanity, I can't imagine there would be enough content to keep my guild busy when the server population increases 5x. Right now in some cases, DHS or FI have taken out all targets between each guilds raiding the previous night (yes, we actually coordinate our raids so that we aren't stepping on each-other), and there are limited targets left up the following night. As DHS gets more gear and takes down more difficult targets (which they are fully capable of), I can only see this getting worse over the next 3.5 months we have left of Velious.

The drop off in attendance is steep this go around. 2 months in and most mains are nearly fully BIS. Hell, some alts are getting Vulak and AoW Loot and there are really only the rare Vulak drops that are still worth even doing the mobs for. Keeping interest is the biggest challenge facing TLPs.
  13. bodes Augur

Instances, true boxing, and progression timelines are a lot more inter-connected than people in this thread seem to think.

Instances without true boxing allows mega-boxers to farm lots and lots of instances which potentially puts strain on the instancing hardware and negatively impacts the server's economy.

Instances without short progression timelines increases burnout and boredom. If you're not the dominant guild a big part of what keeps you logging in is the desire to eventually see all the content.

Because these are inter-connected parameters, they were packaged up as a new TLP server and launched. That formula has become the most successful TLP server of all time (you can't argue
    with the population numbers, sorry). Cherry picking what features you want from Phinny without understanding why the formula of phinny works is silly.
  14. bodes Augur

Hardly anyone in FI needs vulak loot anymore and the alts are taking it all, but DHS hasn't even gotten to attempt it yet? I'm failing to see the healthy/cooperative raid environment or how #FacelessCares.
    If this stuff is true your server is in big trouble.
    Punchu, Soon, Glowerss and 1 other person like this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

Summertime and the fact that they just opened a race type server. That is pulling people from every other server right now.
  16. Flandersian Augur

Need to save this if there is ever another server idea tossed around with 6 month unlock times for early content. I got death threats for telling people that they'll probably get bored and wander away if it takes that long.
  17. Gremin Augur

Lol, you can stop trying to stir the pot. DHS has not gotten to Vulak by our choice. We take incremental steps with our 3 day a week schedule so that our members do not burn out and quit. FI has been very cooperative with us in our choice of targets.
  18. Soon Augur

Being a top guild on a server choosing not to do Vulak sounds so logical LOL. Just fyi, everyone knows what FI is, and how #FacelessCares operates.
  19. Hateseeker Augur

If you don't mind if I cherry pick something to ask a question about: If the bolded is true, what is the explanation for GoD and beyond? The same argument about instancing hardware could be made there, because significant content is designed from the ground up to be instanced after that.

I wonder if Daybreak actually plans for server pops to drop off after PoP and has no plans to do anything to encourage long-term populated servers? (I don't consider Quarm to be an answer to the encouraging of post-PoP play, it's an event server...)
  20. Semah Augur

Yeah. If the problem is droppable loot, there's a lot less of that in Luclin. I can see worrying about weekly Nagafen armies or whatever; that makes sense.

I would imagine they care about long-term population. I hope they do. I've said repeatedly that I want a long-term TLP experience, not a train of restarts. I respect people who had the most fun in Classic-Velious, but I didn't.