Raid DPS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Caeelar, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Bamboompow Augur

I had some link to an "Everything is Awesome" meme...but it didn't work.

if you want a bit of insight on my troll logic, some classes seem to get negative checks on the raid column for positives on the group column. Those are the classes that tend to be generalists, in that in a group they can perform multiple roles well. Raiding favors the more specialized classes as they have the support to make up for what they can't do by themselves.

Those 3 RIP classes bring much to the group context, and they pay for it in raids. You know all this. Yes, there is a lack of hugs, cupcakes and rainbows in the post you consider trolling but the game is made how its made. If a mage could best a wizard all the time in raids, than you could count on a nerf happening when they completely crush everything in the group game. A mage and a merc already = a group as it is.A monk can also fill 2-3 roles in a group. Rogues are where it gets a bit questionable....

If certain classes completely dominate one or the other (or both) dynamics of the game (group, raid) than people will naturally gravitate towards those classes in what they decide to either play or take along on their adventures. Again, you know this. Thing is, the shunned players will have to either adapt by reroling to class de'jour, suck it up until positive change happens..... or quit. EQ is still one game. The group game and the raid game are not separate SKU's where you can pick to buy one or the other. If so, than balance would be easy and in theory every class that is in a set archetype would have equal footing.
  2. shadowgod Augur

I've seen some pretty good rogue parses just not in burst more in sustained.
  3. Bamboompow Augur

Rogues are great on the combined for the evening. Still:

Win the lottery. Get $200 million in one big fat lump or $350 million dispersed over the next 20 years. Which is more sexy?

Many people only care about the trophy parses on a single target boss mob. Data in Statistics tends to favor a small sample size if you really want to make a point. IE:

Its easier to sleep through trash and then blast the one mob people actually pay attention to and walk away as the hero of the day versus going full tilt on everything as soon as discs refresh. The single target parses are what commonly gets posted. Just that alone might skew perceptions on what people pass judgement on as far as "Raid DPS" goes. Its like anything else that is more instant gratification focused.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

The combined is the only parse that actually matters.

Your placement there is directly proportional to your overall value across all events for the night/week whatever length you are combining.

But i love me some high burn parses, don't get me wrong.

As far as your example, With wise investments its plausible the 200 million dollar lump sum, could be worth more. so I don't think it directly correlates, but i understand what you are saying and agree.
  5. Behelit Augur

6. Watajoke Journeyman

Is it intended for dichotomic rage to hit 6 times total? Also casting the buff twice causing the last 3 hits to be guaranteed crippling blows? RIP zerker i cry everytime.
  7. Leex Pewpewer

I like how you don't have an actual answer and you're acting like whatever you're typing are facts just because you're stating them, it's really very amusing. But that's not how the world works, if you want to make a comment like you are, back it up with facts.."Reasons" really isn't an answer and whatever you make up still won't be an answer.

The fact is Mages are a sustained DPS class, similar to Necro's but we take less time to ramp up. I notice you talk about posting parses vs a Wizard, this in itself makes me laugh and do a face palm. Wouldn't it make more sense to compare Wizard to Wizard? I get that common sense isn't your strongest attribute at this point though.

IF I want to raid I need to follow the rules and play another class? LOL that's got to be the most moronic thing I've seen on the forums in a long time, thank you for the laugh!

I think I'll stay on my Mage and do things others think shouldn't be possible with the class I play, thanks.

You can always PM me asking for those parses if you'd like, or contact me in game, I'm on Povar. We can compare Mage to Zerker parses!
    Igniz likes this.
  8. CakedUpMagi New Member

So wait, having utility in group game means you lose out on raid game stuffs?!

Hoooooold up!!

What about when there was no guild hall? What about when there was no pok? Who had the most utility in the game? Wasn't it a Wizard? I mean on dial up, a Wizard could literally save you close to an hour running from zone to zone, I'd call that a MAJOR utility, and yet they also were parsing #1, where is the draw backs? Where did they make any sacrifices?

You'll respond with how the games changed, but I'm making the point that some things don't change. Just because you have something in the group game, doesn't mean it translates into a reduction in the raid game.

It seems you either don't know any good Mages or are stuck in an old head style of thinking.

l2play.com
  9. shadowgod Augur

We could do that but you would cry yourself to sleep afterwards.