A request from Ragefire: Luclin & Beyond

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by totalimmortal, Jul 24, 2016.

1. totalimmortal Elder

Dear Daybreak & fellow Ragefire players,

Ragefire once flew quite high. In the opening weeks population was fantastic (as you know all too well!), but as time has dragged on and additional servers have opened, population has dwindled, and the TLP fan base has now been split 3-4 ways. I believe that we need to consolidate, and streamline the servers for clarity to new players, and to improve the player experience on the existing servers. Now is the time to act, as we are at the cusp of major changes in the game as Luclin soon launches across the TLP servers. Please consider the following suggestions:

1) If Phinigel's main goal as a server is to allow players a True Box experience, then let's make that the only difference in that server versus other TLP servers. I believe that the actual reason this server is doing so well is because of instanced raiding. A feature that should be implemented on ALL progression servers. I would like to request that this Instanced Raid feature be implemented on Ragefire preferably immediately, but in the least with the Luclin launch.

2) We have 3 different TLP servers with 3 different timelines. This doesn't make sense and adds an additional factor to further split the player base (which will only continue to shrink as time goes on). I believe most Ragefire/Lockjaw players would agree that our current timeline is simply too long. As a player base, we were wrong. Now is the time to fix this. Release Luclin on all 3 servers simultaneously, and sync all timelines to Phinigel's progression plan.

3) Hopefully we can all admit in hindsight that Lockjaw was a mistake; history has effectively repeated itself and Lockjaw's population is now extremely low and will only continue to wane. For TLP server health, let's bite the bullet and merge Lockjaw with Ragefire when Luclin launches.

4) The Quarm server and other event servers are great, and sound really fun! Props to you guys, and I hope they do well for you monetarily! I think the launch timing of Quarm was perfect, as we are late in the Velious expansion with little to do. I am hoping this was intentional and future event servers will follow similar late-expansion timing as to not disrupt the progression servers from healthy progression! This will be made easier if we streamline the progression timelines across all servers.

These changes will give new & existing TLP players TWO server options with only ONE variable (outside of event servers): Do I want to play on the Ragefire/Lockjaw merged server where boxing is allowed, or do I want to play on the Phinigel server for a True Box experience? No longer should we have to wade through differences in progression timelines, or experience rates, or instancing capabilities. Let's get this done and move forward for a healthier TLP experience for ALL players for the long term.

Sincerely,

A concerned Ragefire player & TLP enthusiest
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Seconded from Lockjaw, but not really confident in the developers' decisionmaking aligning with anything but the most common players needs/wants.
  3. Semah Augur

+1

...although my support for (3) is contingent on (1) happening. I don't enjoy raid drama. While instancing will come with PoTime anyway, I'd get a lot more fun out of Luclin if it had a vibrant community + instancing.
  4. Kahna Augur

Instancing and truebox go hand in hand. You won't see instancing without truebox. They have made that very clear. I believe the comment Holly used when they decided to open an instance server was that truebox made it "managable". Besides, if I had to pick a feature that defined Phinny it would be instancing, not truebox. Truebox is just the price we pay for instancing.
  5. Eldrian Augur

1) ok

2) nah

3) NO

4) meh is whatever
  6. Hateseeker Augur

I don't doubt that this is Daybreak's position, but instancing comes later on with later expansions, so it is nonsense. Personally I must wonder if this is a financial decision, made to maximize additional subscriptions to Phinigel, knowing that people who truly want to stay on RF/LJ most likely will for the most part.
  7. totalimmortal Elder

Agree Semah!
  8. totalimmortal Elder

Hm, I guess I don't really understand her logic on true box making it "managable." The only argument I suppose I could see against not allowing instancing on boxable servers is that it limits the box army players from farming up a bunch of gear? Not sure about everyone else, but that doesn't bother me as long as it is more fun to play on the server with the addition of instancing.
  9. Bewts Augur

It's also summertime. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the attendance lag almost always coincide with nice weather in the US?
  10. Gremin Augur

#3 No, we can not admit LJ was a mistake. For a server that does not have instancing with 5 viable guild choices not sure where you come off saying its a mistake.

A merge with RF would only cause a loss of population and subscriptions. GoD is the ideal point of merge for servers as instancing is around.
  11. Flandersian Augur

That's always been a misnomer. Kids are out of school, so that does create issues for some people. But oppressive heat isn't exactly nice weather, begging people to stay outside.
  12. Flandersian Augur

I've been piddling on both servers while my account time runs out. They are both ghost towns. Five guilds logging in a couple times a week doesn't exactly make for a lively server.
  13. Xanadas Augur

Yes to instances.

No to phinny timeline.

Yes to merge of Lockjaw and ragefire (as long as instancing happens)
  14. Jaime Lannister Augur

I'm ok with 1 and 3.

But leave my 6 month timeline alone.
    The only thing I might change is have the 6 month be automatic, and not attached to a vote, or beating the expansion. Just have next expansion unlock every 6 months.
    Moranis likes this.
  15. Gremin Augur

Piddle all you want, it is summer time. Folks want to be outside doing things. Come Sept and then Luclin release both servers will go up.

I put the five guilds as an example because if you look at a lot of live servers thats about the numbers who raid there.
  16. Tudadar Augur

I doubt they instance raids on lj/rf. Merge at the start of luclin seems too early with lots of drama over emp/VT. I can definately see them merging after 3 months of luclin though after at least two guilds have VP keyed. It will be a huge mistake for them to not have servers merged by spring 2017 along with a new prog server.

On progression servers populations dont usually go up over time. A merged LJ/RF for PoP will probably be around the same population as these servers had on kunark launch.
  17. Tudadar Augur

^ VT keyed not VP. I feel like they are watching these two servers though and just dont want to make a mistake. Buffed velious raid mobs definately make things interesting because it artificially limits capable guilds that can kill content as people quit. If it turns out AA isnt as fast as people hope the two servers can easily lose a lot more subs.
  18. Glowerss Augur

Wow 5 guilds have killed AOW and Vulak on LJ? Color me impressed!
  19. Dobs Elder

I would sign this petition.

I like my 6 month releases, but if its a criteria to merge the time lines (2) to get (1) and (3), then i will agree to a compromise. There's no reason not to progress with (1) and (3), however, as someone said before me, they are dependent on each other, as some guilds on Ragefire are prone to take the competition, a bit to far.

//Meemers
  20. Bewts Augur

Incorrect.