Raid DPS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Caeelar, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

^ . ^ keke
    Igniz and Leex like this.
  2. Enkel Augur

Nice reference.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Some people are dumb. Or they just don't pay attention the actual ins and outs of of how multiple classes work, and understand how abilities and stacking work. Ermagurd bard, not realizing bards do all for Wizards.

Your example is a good one, I would give a bard to a mage/necro group before a wizard group, because the total amount of DPS the raid would (should be id have to do some math) gain would be higher. Because i know how Aria/Aura affects pets damage and also affects DOTS.

I mean i suppose its debateable now with wizards being able to go OOM reasonably easy. Id still say on the long haul, a Necro would gain more from a bard (which would result in higher raid DPS total) and mage too prob. The pet flurries are real (I think this one is more arguable though Sanc, but i haven't parsed mage pets in along time).

Although really that Necro needed Black Wolf for all those nukes he was casting to proc GODR ;)
    Sancus likes this.
  4. shadowgod Augur

lol pet flurries :) You don't put a bard in a wizard group for the ADPS you do it for the mana because every second a wizard spends harvesting or oom your raid is losing dps. Its not even debatable with the force changes.

How much dps do you really think mage pets do ?
  5. Behelit Augur

lol @ wizards casting harvest

all bout dat gambit
    Igniz, Sancus and Reht like this.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

He's probably in one of those guilds that takes all night to clear an expansion
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  7. Kaliko Augur

Do you have any raid parses you can post with the top 10-15 classes and fight? Without seeing parses its really hard to tell where a guild needs to improve but the first step would be getting ADPS groups setup properly and getting people to always use epic, etc when up as well for certain events that require high sustained.
  8. Leex Pewpewer

It's obvious enough that you have no clue what you're talking about, it's kind of funny, but also slightly insulting.

Sure on a burst fight a Magician won't beat a Wizard, but on sustain they most certainly can..I do. If you want to talk smack about Triton Wizards go ahead, I bet they'd hand you that L real quick.

What people don't understand, or I should say most people, about Magician's is that they rely on ADPS heavily compared to a Wizard or Necro. It's why I always coordinate mine, or make sure it's lined up properly.

When you've got someone who's maxing their class capabilities out, it really comes down to time on the event, or events.
    Igniz likes this.
  9. Repthor Augur

Well this thread is proof Ammeren SHOULD NEVER GET Bard ,Druid or Enchie Noted

Thanks internet
  10. Bamboompow Augur

Upping skill and consistency in raid play is still a decision for the individual players. The thing is, in mid tier which tends to be more casual with attendance as well as skill level, demanding a more hardcore approach to raiding is still on a volunteer basis, unless you intend to put rules in place that countermand the casual atmosphere. Rules which dictate attendance and performance and assign punishments for not meeting them, such as withholding loot, probation and guild removal. That does not always end well. Typically the usual outcome is all the elite/hardcore players depart and another rebuilding process begins.

TL;DR is that if you feel the need to have to persuade an entire guild to adopt a play style of which is outside of the premise of the guild (family guild, casual guild etc) than your best option is to find a guild that is more suited to your demands than molding 53 other people to your vision. Sometimes there are break outs, but typically its going to be a few individuals having to put in way too much effort into a game in order to pull that off. That gets to be the opposite of fun.
  11. Brohg Augur

1) garbage agro is fixed, in short order, after quick consult, or that raider is actual useless and not invited back. "line up these buttons, push them" is pretty bare-minimum

2) lacking quickness/adaptability is endemic to the rank and file of most guilds, but is easily compensated for in the tank role; you don't make them last - you make them first. slow pickups in the middle of fights kills dps. slow event starts are just mildly annoying
  12. shadowgod Augur

I'm not going to bash your wizards. But no wizard should be losing sustained to a mage. It just should not happen on a consistent basis. If you really believe that post your parses and prove it.

Maybe you're an exceptionally good mage but a good wizard should beat u everytime.
  13. Leex Pewpewer

Why should a Wizard beat a Magician every time? I mean I'll agree on burst events they will more then likely always win, however on sustained events it's a whole different story.

I don't post parses on these forums anymore, last time I did rains were nerfed.
    Igniz and Vdidar like this.
  14. Kaliko Augur

Maybe their mages get a bard for dicho and the wizards don't so they need to be more mana efficient, or maybe their wizards aren't smart enough to pop burns in GGH and then banner in when event starts to maximize sustained dps :p
  15. Bamboompow Augur

(Spoiler Alert!) The reasoning is....*drum roll*......
    .......Because they are Wizards.

Kinda like asking why should a Cleric out-heal a Druid. No valid explanation other than "reasons". Some could say its just the order of things.

That aside, there used to be drawbacks to playing a wizard that used to require skill, such as aggro management, mana management, resistant mobs and the whole glass cannon thing.

Not so much now.

All of those downsides have more or less been eliminated by other classes, Wizard abilities or lazy game design. Now anyone that fogs a mirror can role a Wizard, do some basic research, press a few "I WIN" buttons and BOOM...get on parse.

Usually under mind altering substances or watching TV.

The good Wizards forgo the TV watching and opt to pay attention, but still might be under mind altering substances. Those will make the top 5.

The best Wizards are #1. Every time. By a healthy margin. Sometimes a huge margin.

Go play your mage in the group game and be happy. THAT is where you crush all. If you want to raid, follow the rules and play classes that raid guilds actually want due to the constraints of how the game is made.

NOTE: I am not agreeing with how the game is made. Everyone should have strengths to bring, but low budgets etc. more or less dictate that raiding seems to play favorites more often than not.
  16. shadowgod Augur

You misunderstand my post. I'm not saying this is how it should be I'm saying this is how it is. If your wizards are getting beat by mages consistently something is wrong.

If you think your wizards can beat me post some parses. Behelit will zerker rage on me but ill post mine.
  17. Ravengloome Augur

Actually I am going to defend wizards and say their stranglehold on #1 in parses in the group game and the raid game... Isn't really a thing if you have other members of your group or raid force that is good.

Infact, In group content, as they are now, without a bard, Hybrids and Melee beat them. With a bard (but figuring the Hybrids/Melee do as well), They still get beat just not by such a large margin

In Raid content well, Necros (sustained arguably) and Zerkers (sustained and burst, cause ed by easy to AE raids and Well just being in a good spot atm) and anytime they are asleep at the wheel

Long story short in the group game wizards have basically been castrated (but they were always meant to be a pewpew dun type class)

In the raid game, Well Zerkers are finally not terrible after being bottom rung for awhile.

RIP rogues, monks, and magicians.
    Igniz, Vdidar and Sancus like this.
  18. Kobrah Augur

Troll post if I've ever seen one lol
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Kobrah Augur

wuuuuh ?!?
  20. Ravengloome Augur

Sarcasm sir