Ideas and Suggestions for the Devs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angre, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Angre Augur

I often think of interesting and useful ideas for Everquest and don't really have a place to post them, so I thought I would start a thread and see if there is some earnest attempts at ideas and suggestions for the Devs and MAYBE they might implement them?

#1. Could you please Make Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner an item available in the Marketplace? I see profit for you in this.

#2. Suggestion: Recommend selling old LON Loot Items in Marketplace for DB Cash with a price based on their in game rarity. I see profit for you in this.

What are your ideas and suggestions?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Docture like this.
  2. KC13 Augur

Being a casual player with a ton of alts, my biggest PITA is having plat spread all over the place. I often see great deals in the bazaar, but after logging and relogging to consolidate the needed plat, the item is often gone. I would like to see a single bank account for all alts on the server. All plat earned would drop into this and as you log each char you have access to it all. I know there is a shared bank, but that is another extra step to add to it or remove from it. One can dream. :D

I would like this to apply to coin only, items would still be handled as they currently are.
  3. Docture New Member

I like the idea of Urthron's Ultimate Unattuner being sold in Marketplace versus the Loyalty Vendor where you can only purchase it with Loyalty Tokens. My main spends all his loyalty points on res tokens, so I am constantly low on Loyalty Tokens and cannot afford the Unattuners.

It would be great if you could implement this into the game.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Docture New Member

I think allowing Mckenzie's Special Brew to be tradeable or atleast heirloom is an option that has been overlooked.

Sony killed the OMM's of yesterday with painful nerfs, but there are a lot of us with alts that could use the augs that our primary characters with a plethora of wasted Mckenzie's Special Brews can afford.

Something to consider...
  5. Darkark Augur

I've always felt bad for classes that can't rez because of this. It's a bit unfair, isn't it? I've never bought one, but I know they go through a heap of them.

Items that are constantly in use shouldn't be on a vendor like that, one-offs, semi-rare use stuff (like the unattuner), fun stuff, all that, but not regular use stuff.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  6. GoneFission Augur

I would like to see:

1) The veteran AAs to summon banker, etc. should function like the Summon Tribute Master in that they shouldn't be a "pet". It's a pain for pet classes to dismiss a fully buffed pet because we need a banker. If that won't be implemented, at least have the failed summon not trigger the AA refresh.

2) Get an AA to let pet classes switch pets. Necros get two distinct pets, and mages get 4. It would be nice to be able to switch between pet types without having to dismiss a fully buffed pet. Mages should be able to buy at least a third slot. The suspend minion ability could use a refresh. A second or third selectable slot would give players more flexibility in moving through encounters.
    Ghostdog, Igniz and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

Would be nice to see trade skills not only draw mats from your personal inventory, but also your personal bank as well. Like other MMOs do.
  8. Larkin Lorekeeper

Characters that can't rez could buy an extra merc slot and hire a cleric merc. When they need a rez, just bring that one out.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  9. Docture New Member

When you are playing in a raid and need a healer or MA rezzed ASAP, Rez Tokens are the way to go... For a Non Rezzing Class.

WTH? lol, this is not about rezzing, this is about being able to buy an Unattuner in the Marketplace because they are so damn expensive on Loyalty Tokens... You don't have a set of attuneable armor or augs you would like resell?

I would like to see a New Veteran Reward - Summon Parcel Guy lol That would be awesome to be able to parcel something where ever you are at, or receive parcels where ever you are at...
    Ghostdog likes this.
  10. snailish Augur

Expand the keyring feature beyond mounts and illusions to include familiars, nimbus and such with their own tabs.

Expand the original keyring to include more keys, including retroactively --even if they era set them for "ringabilty" to not "mess" with progression servers.

Allow me to unflag a character for veteran rewards so I can reassign it... even make this a $5 marketplace token.

"Junior Heroic Characters" as an account-wide (not progression servers) unlock for $25 that lets you roll 51/50 characters from the character creation screen.

Consolidate currencies... even with progression servers in mind it might make sense to make the DoN crystals the standard except for the most recent stuff. Or something...

The slippery slope suggestion: marketplace item that lets you get an item off of FV server, best way would be via parcel and "items become notrade as per regular server rules when sent via this mechanic. Send it to the character you want using it. You have been warned". Could be a temporary heirloom flag to keep things account bound.

Even slipperier slope: a special character transfer token that lets you get a character off FV server. Could probably sell these at $50 a pop no problem...
  11. Cicelee Augur

Last night I went into my bank to look to see if I still have the Earring of Solstice. I had to right click 30 bags and look/scan through each bag (ranging from 14 slots to 36) to find the icon graphic for the Solstice Earring.

If only there was a way I could do a search by typing in Earring of Solstice and then the game looks through my bank inventory to see if I had it...
    Ghostdog and GoneFission like this.
  12. Brudal Augur

Nice idea but you might have to type the correct name of the item, Earring of the Solstice . If you don't care for Magelo's inventory search you can use /output inventory and /output realestate and do a text search for "solstice".
  13. Xanathol Augur

1. UI mod - I use one that shows ever bank bag expanded.
    2. There is a command (which I can never remember) that creates a file with either your inventory, house items, etc, which you can search.
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

15. Metanis Bad Company

1. Vastly expand the number of character illusions which are "collision-less". And/Or add that ability to all forms of character shrinking. Or create a new skill... You have gotten better at sticking to zone geometry (525)! I have to admit, it's fun floating through the tree tops of PoK and getting stuck on a twig. The one near the PoT stone always catches me when I run off the bridge with levi on.

2. Make character auto-follow work better. Gee, if the lead character didn't jump off that cliff then perhaps the following character shouldn't either...
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  16. --Voodoo-- Augur

Better idea to just make most decorative scenery (such as trees, those GD light posts in the GL, decorative accents on walls/doorways, etc.) non-collision. Basically, if it isn't a wall or the ground, you should be able to walk through it.

If they did that, it would also help your #2 immensely.
  17. Mardy Augur

1. Shared inventory slots. GW2 came out with these not long ago, they sold like hotcakes. I instantly bought the max # of shared inventory slots for my accounts, as did my g/f and most of the guildies. Shared inventory slots are slots that are shared with all the characters on your account. So if you place a food item for an example in a shared inventory slot, all your characters can use it. Potions, illusion clickies, crafting items, gear, any items that aren't character bound can be placed in the shared inventory slots. Pretty much like shared bank slots, but on your character's inventory screen instead.

2. Account bound keyrings. This is a F2P game now, F2P games are supposed to use account bound for most everything, at least that's the direction the MMO genre is moving. Would like to see mount & illusion keyrings to become account bound. Again, convenience convenience convenience. The less hassle you make them, the more people will utilize them, the more fun people will have, and more money people will spend.

3. Give people that play TLP servers a future to look forward to. Right now I have characters on all TLP servers, and 90% of them are just rotting. They do put a bitter taste in my mouth. While I had fun playing them every time a new TLP server launches, they remind me the ever increasing number of useless characters that I can no longer use, items I put time & money into that are just wasted away, characters I worked on for a long time being completely worthless sitting on empty servers.

I believe more people will play on these TLP servers, and stick around longer, if they know their characters will be merged with an existing standard server. Give people a heads up and tell them which server a particular TLP server will be merged into once their expansions catch up to live. You might be surprised how much longer people will play on them if you give them a future to look forward to, and how much more money people are willing to dump into their characters if they know these characters won't get wasted away.
    Ghostdog and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

I suppose fixing it so...
    .../tar always works for corpses in range, rather than the increasingly common issue of the command failing. The bug was always there if people died very quickly (such as on bosses that summon on incoming), but it's become very common now to the point it is common to not be able to /tar a corpse or click their dead name on a raid roster (which seems to invoke the /tar command). It used to be almost always reliable to click a yellow name on the raid roster to target someone that is dead. Now it has a moderately high chance of just plain not working, with only cycle corpses getting the corpse and even then sometimes the corpse existing somewhere other than where you see it client side.

...the terrible zone crash issue finally is fixed. You'd think after years of eventually crashing (more often in certain larger zones) while zoning that I'd be used to it, or reinviting masses of crashed players to raids etc would be routine now.

Ideas rather than bug fixes:
    Here's a pie in the sky idea that probably would never happen but would be nice:
    Health bars on the raid roster like in EQ2, with the raid roster behaving like extended target and immediately targeting rather than behaving like the /tar command.

Some sort of indicator in a mob's or character's name for certain status effects. Characters show "LD" when actually LD or when charmed. I'm suggesting something similar for mezz, stun, and root... and potentially slow or other common debuffs too. We have the extended target window I know. It's just an idea.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  19. Angre Augur

Here's another suggestion or two:

1. Allows the Fellowship Leaders to be able to set down a Campfire by themselves.

2. Figure out a way for a Berserker to Cannibalize Health Points into Endurance.

Thanks
  20. Brudal Augur

I would be happy with a few ranks of hastened Communion of Blood.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.