HAgi vs HDex

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Pythlen82, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Pythlen82 Lorekeeper

My tank raid leader has been having us stack Dex and HDex. But I've over head him talking to a tank from another server about which would be better and what the long math equated to. A post was brought up with:

Augur

Venau said: ↑

“I'm not a tank. But I've read a bit about their gearing. Don't TBM raid mobs have heroic strikethrough? Doesn't heroic strikethrough basically bypass all parry, block, riposte skills? If this is true then shouldn't today's raid tanks stack Heroic Agility above all else?”
    Heroic Strikethrough only counters Heroics and it counters all of them including dodge (hAgility).

Mob accuracy counters Miss chance (what Avoidance mod2 boosts).

Mobs also have regular Strikethrough that double dips against all Avoidance checks.

Raid mobs do have high values in all 3 so that tank Avoidance only ends up being combined overall something crap like 15% or something. If mobs have none of the 3 Tanks combined total avoidance would be like 200% or something :p

Riou, Yesterday at 5:17 PM

I'm wondering if any high level TBM raiders can explain the long math to me on which is better to stack.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Are you purely augmenting for least damage taken, or overall benefit to your character.

Because depending on how much you value DPS HDex is good.

None of the heroics that affect tanking really effect it that much.

If all you care about is "ITANKHARDBRUH" In theory an argument could be made for Agility, though i've heard a couple arguments for Stamina from people i respected. Though the parses I've seen are so underwhelming i don't think i'd stress over individual augs (not TBM ones, the regular old augs you use for AC + Heroic)

I usually just aug for Heroic Charisma though, because I care about what drops from the chest.
  3. Pythlen82 Lorekeeper

As of right now, we're starting out as a raid guild and we want to establish a steady presence in raiding events. So what would be best is just pure tanking so we can have better chances with living while the DPS burns it down. If that's the case would you recommend HAgi?
  4. Ravengloome Augur

i'd make sure everyone is playing at 100% of what his/her class can do first.

Then i would read https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tank-parses.231978/

And make an informed decision. (looks like that thread/parses leans Hagi, but Goodurden brought up a good point about gaining 10k hp from full stam)
  5. Pythlen82 Lorekeeper

Okay. Thanks mate
  6. Coronay Augur

I went hSTA / hAGI and am really happy with that combo
  7. Pythlen82 Lorekeeper

Happen to have any parses?
  8. Zebarathe New Member

There is a thread called tank parse but yes since hagi is actually adding avoidance it makes hagi > hdex

Now it will probably be a different story once avoidance is maxed.
  9. Riou EQResource

Not really, at best it depends on mobs stats. At worst it is destroyed by hDex no contest.
  10. Riou EQResource

Parses are hard because for the data to be 'accurate' you need a really long time, quite longer then even Goodurden was parsing (like 21 hrs each).

Thankfully we have like 2/3 of the tank formulas directly from devs, the only things that they don't share is like a per mob heroic strikethrough, regular strikethrough, accuracy, attack, etc values.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

So I mean... we are only missing the important part of the equation. :p
    Riou likes this.
  12. Riou EQResource

Just parse vs a single mob for like a week straight, then use the formulas to find the values (at least for the main Avoidances) :p
    Xikteny likes this.
  13. Ravengloome Augur

I'll get right on that Riou!
  14. Tucoh Augur

15. Riou EQResource

Mobs are probably different to so don't forget to do it per mob per mobs level per zone :p
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Does ShowEQ still get upgraded? That could put this to rest pretty quickly on mob attack values. Just sayin.
  17. josh Augur

If you can tank the mobs and don't need the extra mitigation, HDex is best because of the dps increase. I don't have parses to prove it but from what I've seen, I'm pretty sure it's useless for tanking raid bosses.

If you have good healers who can keep you at full health and you have enough hp to avoid being one rounded, then you want HAgi. A 400 HAgi increase is about a 10% increase to your avoidance AC, which is significant. So, a full set of HAgi TBM augs will make a difference.

If your healers CAN'T keep you full health all the time or you are being one rounded then you might benefit from HSta. But in those cases what you really need is to play your class better or have better healers or force your paladins to do a GAOTI rotation.
  18. p2aa Augur

On a current TBM raid boss, a 550 HAgi increase did not improve my avoidance.
    Per mob, the results will vary.
  19. Olmstedder Journeyman

The HDEX increase to dps is related to proc rates correct?
  20. Riou EQResource

Melee Crit Rate mainly for Tanks