Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

You can go home now. (Or at least back to another profile to claim your innocence and ignorance in all this some more and further deny the use of a 3rd party website)

Go sue Playerauctions foo.

Don't expect, EXPECT daybreak to make good on a 3rd party website's fraudulent actions or any payer exploiting the use of a 3rd party website to defraud.

If you didn't deal directly WITH DAYBREAK

It's all on you bro.
    chickendog, Lufraki and oldkracow like this.
  2. Yamiko New Member

Not true, my account got banned from putting in the code, never paid for anything for eq outside of eq. But i did accept a code for a mount from a friend and that got me banned.

Anyone know a way to petition without logging in? On vacation and only have my phone.
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

TBM codes and Heroic bundles are tracked on the account they are applied to.
  4. Schadenfreude Augur

You didn't get banned for using a Krono. You got banned for putting in a fraudulent code.
  5. Blart Lorekeeper

3 facts:

a) there's nothing in the TOS/EULA restricting where one can obtain a CD-Key, which players have been trading without complaint since 1999.

b) there's ample reason for people to believe the discount keys they attained were legit, including but not limited to prior discounts from SOE.

c) the majority of users banned last night did not scam or defraud anyone, but are being punished as if they did.
    Disappointment and Arvins like this.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Likewise, ninja looted items etc were always trackable from player to player.

I once had a guy try to scam me out of 10k plat for an item. I petitioned and GMs took my plat back from his alt and placed it back in my bank.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Fact if you purchased your code directly from DBG you didn't get a ban
    Fact if you purchased anything in EQ directly from DBG you didn't get a ban
    Fact if you purchased something from a 3rd party source for a stupid low price you run the risk of it being a fraud

I do enjoy watching the folks who purchased stupid low priced items from 3rd party sources thinking DBG needs to honor that deal somehow
    chickendog likes this.
  8. strongbus Augur

10 to 1 said the whole thing was done by computers with no human action. Most likely system set up so on a charge back any codes that where bought with that charge back are flagged as unpaid and to flag any account with those codes as banned until every thing is sorted out.
  9. Joseph Lawson New Member

This is my last post here and I am stepping away from the forums. But I'd like to say this ... LOL to the people who think this won't affect Everquest as a whole. All of you people sitting here "hoping" the bans stick, all you people sitting here saying the people who got banned deserve it. LOL to that.

Don't forget how small and tight knit the community has gotten since its release. And with this. You think people with 10+ year accounts will just reroll and go on their merry way? I don't think so. This will have such a huge impact (if the bans stick) on the community where they won't even be able to afford keeping this game around.

So to you guys, I laugh. Let's have a laugh together . You laugh at the banned people, and I laugh at you for thinking this will not affect you in any way. Enjoy your days, especially if they become limited .

I am no expert, but this seems pretty easy to see. Eqnext, so excited about it! - done. I am off these forums, so don't bother replying, I'll just have to laugh at that too. :)
    Disappointment likes this.
  10. Sindaiann Augur

Possession is 9/10 the law.

If people are really getting stuck with a ban after purchasing a Krono in game with plat or via trade, after a charge back, that is just plain dirty. However it would be difficult to concretely find the person responsible for initially putting the krono into the market and then proceeded the charge back.

I only ever purchase a krono in game from a guildy, but after this whole snafu I won't bother anymore. Not worth the risk.

And if anyone says but that's from a guildy....why not? One does not really ever know a person. You have to be diligent.

The whole buying expac codes from 3rd party websites or being supplied one in game via trade for whatever you deemed the price, I always viewed as sketchy personally. Never did it and never would. Buy the expac from dbg or don't buy it at all.
  11. Blart Lorekeeper

Where does DBG state which CD-Key retailers are legit? Where does DBG state that your account is at risk if you purchase from anywhere other than Everquest.com?
    Disappointment likes this.
  12. Ieaien New Member

Fact: My account was banned for using a key that I was GIVEN, not one I purchased, so explain that to me.
  13. Yamiko New Member

Yes, but I wasn't the purchaser so it doesn't always happen to the purchaser.
  14. Lilura Augur

The right move was for Daybroke to suspend TBM access to those players, contact them, and say let's work it out.

But nooooooooooooo. Ban people the night before a holiday weekend, then inform them hours later, and say nothing the next day.

They really do want to kill this game. They should just shut it down already.
  15. DeadWizzy New Member

Fact: if you bought a Krono from Bazaar that was purchased it using third party means YOU are banned.

Awesome so scammers now can get people banned because someone purchased a krono. The best part is this is REPEATABLE! So we can hear about this ban over and over and over.
  16. Zabal Journeyman

Just to clarify, I have no issues with my accounts. But as an officer of my guild, I feel that I have a personal responsibility to my guild members. And I have lost several members to this wave of bans. Some of them bought TBM codes through Steam. Others were given TBM codes as gifts.

So you ban them? You implemented the code system. You linked it through Steam. And you let 3rd party sites operate for years. Why now, on a holiday weekend do you do a broad sweeping ban of players?

Why didn't you just remove the expansion codes, or revoke the All Access time? Through game cards, expansion codes, and Kronos, there have been multiple ways to purchase account bonuses in-game, without the need for real cash. For some players, that was a godsend.

Now you take that away by banning anyone who used a code that wasn't through your website. How long is it going to take you guys to go through 10,000 petitions? You've wiped away a portion of the entire playerbase for what seems to be an error on your end and your master solution is to have every affected player petition from a different account? Now you'll get 2 petitions per player. The first to find out what happened and the 2nd to give their account info and finally get the ball rolling.

Most of the characters banned are loyal customers who did nothing wrong. As per the EULA:

You shall not

4.9: except in connection with an auction in-Game that is run by Daybreak, or in connection with a service that is run by Daybreak or authorized in writing by Daybreak, buy, sell, or auction any Paid Content.

7: Paid Content and Daybreak Game Assets shall not be trade-able or transferable unless otherwise allowed by Daybreak.

Since these are your policies, it is not up to the players to verify where their Kronos or TBM codes came from. But instead of fixing the issue and stopping the flow of these items, you instead ban a large portion of the playerbase and expect them to individually petition?

And why was TBM removed from Steam? Did Steam pull it from their site because of your actions or did you pull it from their site because of their actions? Was Steam selling faulty TBM codes or are you unable to tell the difference between codes sold through 3rd party sites and authorized sites?

You cost my guild at least 10 raiders so far, based off initial estimates, for reasons that are invalid based on your current version of the EULA. I would think that you would have just altered the EULA before doing this.

The strain that you are putting on the playerbase is unacceptable. The onus is not on the players to prove how they obtained these items in-Game. It is on you to protect your intellectual products. By banning all these players, we have lost players permanently. How many others are you going to drive away as you fail to fix this? All because you implemented a flawed system that ran away from you? Well done. Thanks for the effort. We all appreciate it and we're all being punished for it, regardless if we were banned or not.
    Errrorr, Kennebell and Disappointment like this.
  17. Lufraki Elder

I had no say about this matter... since it did not affect me. But people, swallow that bitter pill and accept the fact that you got scammed... wait until DBG comes up with a solution and then make you're decision. I guarantee this will all be traced back to a single source.
  18. Kodjak Lorekeeper

I wonder how this will affect krono prices...
  19. Ieaien New Member

I put my petition in last night when I initially got a response saying my account had been banned for cheating. After getting the email explaining it was for a charge back this morning (10+ hours later), I submitted another petition for this reason. The automated response was that it was being reviewed. However, that response happened over 5 hours ago, and still no response by email or other means as to what the status is. I understand that the support tickets have clogged up everything at DBG, but seriously, at least give us some sort of an answer or update on what is going on.
    rotor likes this.
  20. Lilura Augur

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.