Umm.....perhaps going too far?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aghinem Augur

Possible solution for you all.

If this is being treated as a charge back, contact CS and ask them what they think you owe them. They may just want the difference of whatever you actually paid for the TBM code, or possibly the full amount. This is of course if they are treating this as a charge back. Yes, you may be paying extra to get your account back, but at least you would get your account back - especially those with years of veteran awards.
  2. Kravitz Augur

What about those people who were gifted the TBM code or paid for it via Krono? That is not the right solution here.

At this point the only way to solve this issue is a complete reverse, because this will cause a lot of people to exodus the game if these bans hold. The financial loss they face from that is much worse.
    Xlkib and gotwar like this.
  3. Aghinem Augur

This is a very complicated situation, and believe me everyone afflicted has my sympathy. If you really want to get down to the core of this, a crime actually was committed. Credit card and interstate commerce fraud. You have an individual who purchased a slew of TBM codes, kronos, etc - for retail, turned around and sold it all extremely cheap and then did a chargeback - as most credit card companies have a 3-4 month threshold on when you can perform a chargeback. The guy got all his money and left everyone in this horrible situation.

I am praying that DBG will help people get accounts restored, even if a fee is involved to prevent a total loss.
  4. Siddar Augur

So as I understand it.

One Someone uses stolen CC info to buy stuff from daybreak.
    Two That person sales the items below cost of purchase.
    Three Banks Credit card companies discover fraud eventually and do charge backs. (Likely done by a third party getting the charge backs done before the time limit for a percentage of money returned.)
    Four Daybreak bans accounts that bought stolen TBM keys from third party sites that were charged back.
  5. Vdidar Augur

From what some people are saying they didn't all come from third party sites. Some I guess payed plat and Krono therefore that would really complicate it if you ask me. I bet there is not going to be an amicable solution though lol.
  6. Aghinem Augur

I just found out one of my team mates had a legit TBM code from DBG website and was banned and has the receipt to prove it. The ban came from a simple krono & platinum exchange, something they have no control over.
  7. Vdidar Augur

It really sounds like a blanket ban, like if you used a code for anything your banned. I'm not really sure though. Sounds like DBG said eff it we are out on this one. Sunset inc.
  8. Dilf Augur

If you buy your Kronos and expansion codes from 3rd party sites or people, you're going to have a bad time!
    jeskola and code-zero like this.
  9. Vdidar Augur

What part of some people didnt buy them from 3rd party sites are you people not comprehending. Clearly if people are not lying this is way bigger than buying them from a 3rd party. Steam is a 3rd party that is authorized by DBG and its the out of the playerbase atm
  10. shik Elder

Sure but what if you're gifted a code by an old guildmate, and what if you just buy your krono from someone in general?
    Kronos are MADE for buying/trader from people, I have no way of knowing where they bought that krono.
    TBM Gift keys are made to be gifted. I have no way of knowing what backwater ex soviet bloc hell hole that gift key was or wasnt purchased in before ending up as a gift to me.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  11. Dilf Augur

Look, I get why you are salty. But CC fraud can happen at any authorized location. You can go to Best Buy and do the same thing, and they will ban you without discrimination if the CC is back-charged.

@shik - I'd never take a gift from anyone in this or any game. If you assume that 99.9% of the internet can't be trusted, your account would be safe. I've always bought my expansions directly, and was able to log in this morning to the chorus of crying.
  12. Vdidar Augur

No kidding. Man i'm glad i have you to inform me of the way of the world. I guess it just slips right past you how much this is being mismanage by DBG. FWIW this hasnt affected me at all other than the implications of what it has because the playerbase will shrink so much
  13. Dilf Augur

I don't think it's a mismanagement at all. Their banning is automated with CC back-charging. Will it be a major pain in the for them to deal and investigate the petitions? Of course. With 6 people on their staff, this could take a long time to clear up.
  14. shik Elder

I hope you never buy a krono in game, that would qualify your sanctimonious d for a ban.

Also for what it's worth all of my accounts are safe but I have gifted and received gifted xpacs from friends over the past decade or so. I would hate to feel like I couldn't trade gifts with them because we are all now afraid of a ban wave months down the line. My friends account is boned right now and I just think this whole system is broke as they are punishing the receiver explicitly when they built a system that allows for the shady brokering and dealing of these codes or kronos.

I never get the curmudgeon hot takes that come here when bad happens, with perfect hindsight, to unabashedly victim blame or taunt, or wag their impotent finger around. Go outside and lecture some clouds or something.
    Vdidar likes this.
  15. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Seems like a number of people know the exact number of codes that are involved here and therefor can make the generalizations that "a large ...", just curious how do you know the exact number?

Why would DB alienate players? Hum, your suggestions seem to be that they don't care about the money they have invested and are investing in Everquest ... how do you know that? If as has been suggested your just venting your frustration, then without proof how am I to believe you are innocent, let alone care?

If it comes down to choosing, you or DB, then my faith is in DB not you.

You think I have not been burned by them? Hum, I have two accounts that go back to opening day of EQ on one and the other is 2 months later. I left for 6 years and came back to a totally fubared set of characters, missing, sex changed and distributed across servers I have never played. After 6 days of trying to get it sorted out the final reply was "Yes the characters are on the accounts you say they, right were they should be". What was the point in pursuing this solution ... none. (15*$35)+(1*$25(char server transfer that I ended up deleting))+($200 DBCASH for items)+(2*$119.99(yearly subscription?)) later and I have the two accounts about the way they were, I may spend the DBCash on sex and name changes at some point, but all the LON claims that the cards show as claimed but are NOT on any character or claim list, all the items in the Guild Bank, all the items and gold on the characters ... oh yea lets add the characters that were NOT deleted were reverted back to level 50/51 from high 70's to mid 80's. So yeah I have been burned but how do I go about proving to anyone that can do anything all of the above is true ... why there is no proof.

Make up your minds what is important and move on, stop venting (in a negative way) your frustrations here because your not going to make your case any better.
  16. Vdidar Augur

Tl:dr
  17. Numiko Augur

Wonder if this has something to do with the recent Krono Dup exploits going on.
  18. shik Elder

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul
    Whulfgar likes this.
  19. Dilf Augur

Are you dense? If you gifted something for a friend from DBG, you will be safe 100% of the time. If you gift something from a shady site or from a random nobody, it's not our problem when something like this happens. So keep on taking care of your friends or whatever you see fit if you are doing it the legitimate way. I love how you call it victim blaming, but sorry, not everyone here is joining the pity party when thousands of accounts are tied to a scam.

I'll go outside and lecture the clouds during my lunch break, where my jerb allows me to buy stuff directly from DBG.
    chickendog likes this.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.